FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Getting HD Voice on GSM/2G to work

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By DokiRenault, Junior Member on 16th December 2017, 04:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
When I'm calling someone and my phone switches from 3G to 2G due to better signal, the audio quality drops to standard quality, although my provider supports HD Voice on GSM as well.
My goal is to avoid this, by enabling the feature for GSM. The only problem is, I haven't found a way to do it, yet.

WB-AMR can be changed via the *#0011# Service-menu, but this only affects the UMTS setting not the GSM one.
WB-AMR can also be set by the CSC's customer.xml, but I can't seem to find a variable to do it for GSM.

My guess would be directly editing the modem and its variables via ADB, the file system or something like this, if that's possible.

Do you have an idea where to start?

22nd November 2018, 06:35 AM |#2  
Flag Grez sur Loing
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DokiRenault

When I'm calling someone and my phone switches from 3G to 2G due to better signal, the audio quality drops to standard quality, although my provider supports HD Voice on GSM as well.
My goal is to avoid this, by enabling the feature for GSM. The only problem is, I haven't found a way to do it, yet.

WB-AMR can be changed via the *#0011# Service-menu, but this only affects the UMTS setting not the GSM one.
WB-AMR can also be set by the CSC's customer.xml, but I can't seem to find a variable to do it for GSM.

My guess would be directly editing the modem and its variables via ADB, the file system or something like this, if that's possible.

Do you have an idea where to start?

Change your phone S3 isn't compatible
The Following User Says Thank You to Arnaud Créative Studios For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arnaud Créative Studios Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)