NO

1 Vote(s)
16.67%

[GUIDE] SIM-unlock your i9305

858 posts
Thanks Meter: 350

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys (and girls) and welcome to (probably) my first guide

!! Be aware, I have tried the following procedure and am using S5 Elite Lite ROM by MaHo_66 !!

To start the unlocking procedure, first see if your device is actually sim-locked by inserting another sim-card from another provider and see if it asks for a code. If it asks, press on dismiss. Now, the actual steps:
  1. Take a note of your CSC and MODEM with the help of Phone INFO.
  2. Download from my GDrive I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5.zip and copy it to either an USB OTG drive or to a MicroSD card (if you have one).
  3. Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. Boot into it with the VOL UP+HOME+POWER button combination and make a nandroid backup of your current ROM. Make sure to do it on the MicroSD if you have one.
  4. Go and do an advanced wipe and only wipe the following partitions: Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data and System.
  5. Now install the zip file you previously copied on either an external USB OTG drive or on the MicroSD card.
  6. While the rom is booting, search around on XDA for the aforementioned CSC code and a suitable modem for your BACKED UP rom.(The ZIP file I provided you will have changed the modem and CSC, so make sure you noted the CSC and modem before)
  7. After the rom is done booting, skip the set-up wizard and the network lock screen. Now, go to the dialer and type *#197328640#
  8. Here, go this way: [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > and wait for around 30 seconds. If you see at the Network Lock screen 4 options, you are good to go.
  9. Press on the menu button (device) and tap on Back. Then, choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ. After about 30 seconds, you should see PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL. From this point , you are unlocked. You can use any sim card in the device. If you have a third carrier sim card, test it out.
  10. Reboot the phone and enjoy your unlocked phone. NOT SO FAST.
  11. Reboot back to recovery and do an advanced wipe (the following partitions: Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data and System). Restore your nandroid backup now. Don't reboot the device to system, but go and flash the MODEM and CSC. Now, you are ready to reboot back to system and enjoy your KitKat or Lollipop ROM.

Quote:

Go to UMTS-COMMON-NV REBUILD and then tap Erase only Backup, then after it is done head back and tap on Make Back-up. You are all set now in case you restore the NV again by mistake, the simlock status will remain OFF.
The sim-unlocked devices do not really exist, they are just unlocked from the factory after a NV backup. If you restore the default NV, it simlocks it.

That's it. Now you are SIM UNLOCKED, have your device the way it was before and with a backed up NV in case something goes horribly wrong. Special thanks to @LucasBass for his thread, to RCS&RDS for their internet, and to Enel Energie Muntenia for not failing on me.

P.S. I didn't find the zip somewhere, so credits to @lamahgra for lamahgra-rom.v1.4-lite. All i did was download I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRA5_EVR.zip and extract&replace the system folder, the baseband.bin, boot.img and hidden.img and edit CSCVersion.txt and SW_Configuration.xml.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 西村大一 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 西村大一 Ad-Free

28th March 2017, 06:24 AM |#2  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Must try that..
4th July 2017, 07:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How can I do step 12 after I've restored my lollipop rom?
4th November 2018, 12:49 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,447

More
@Vvaheed, @singhdhirendra28, @Geofftey, @ZoranAncev, @newstead01, @senpdy:
Ladies & gentlemen, please be aware that this thread is for the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (aka GT-i9305). If you posted due to post #4 please be aware that the account of the user who posted that is already disabled.
I don't intend to ask why you need the codes or ouvertly publish IMEI's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
4th November 2018, 01:27 PM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Skynet
Thanks Meter: 4,141

Donate to Me
More
Thread cleaned!

Be aware that if you share your IMEI this can be used by other users and your device turns into a ded piece of hardware.

NEVER SHOW YOUR IMEI!
The Following User Says Thank You to Relentless Terminator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Relentless Terminator Ad-Free
17th March 2019, 07:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
did not work for me
i just tried this now, it did not work for me

it had some "could not map..." error

Thank God i had a Backup, the process left my phone without an OS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.1, free, i9305, sim unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)