FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP THREAD][i9300][i9305] Ask any Question. Noob friendly.

1,478 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,048

Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2016, 01:19 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
@noc.jfcbs do you think an agni control settings thread will help? It will help users who face problems with agni kernel because if their settings, as well as to provide users with multiple stable combination for battery, speed, etc.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Labs

9th July 2016, 04:12 PM |#32  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,038

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limjh16

@noc.jfcbs do you think an agni control settings thread will help? It will help users who face problems with agni kernel because if their settings, as well as to provide users with multiple stable combination for battery, speed, etc.

I personally don't think so. My rationale: AGNi Control is easy to use. People need to know what all the governors and settings do, which AGNi provides. And for that, a lot of pretty good tutorials are already around; I think you know I like this one very much: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...ors-o-t3048957. All of us are using the device for different purposes and have different priorities i.e. different kernel settings. Each and one of us needs to find his best solution.
What I actually expect from everybody who decides to go "custom" in which way ever, is to read first and retrieve as much information as possible. Good intelligence is the baseline for clear, precise assessment followed by building possible courses of action and then the decision.
9th July 2016, 04:19 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

I personally don't think so. My rationale: AGNi Control is easy to use. People need to know what all the governors and settings do, which AGNi provides. And for that, a lot of pretty good tutorials are already around; I think you know I like this one very much: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...rs-o-t3048957. All of us are using the device for different purposes and have different priorities i.e. different kernel settings. Each and one of us needs to find his best solution.
What I actually expect from everybody who decides to go "custom" in which way ever, is to read first and retrieve as much information as possible. Good intelligence is the baseline for clear, precise assessment followed by building possible courses of action and then the decision.

Well, my reason for the settings sharing thread is essentially this, except for lazy people. So they have a one-stop thread for settings for different scenarios, then modify little by little from there.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to limjh16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift limjh16 Ad-Free
9th July 2016, 08:18 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Data problems with one company
Hey! i have this problem on my s3 i9305, i can only connect to edge when i use a chip from Claro(the company i use) but when i put other chip from a different company the 3g and 4g works, anyone know what can i do? (sorry for bad english)
9th July 2016, 10:28 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 3,074

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounderr

Hey! i have this problem on my s3 i9305, i can only connect to edge when i use a chip from Claro(the company i use) but when i put other chip from a different company the 3g and 4g works, anyone know what can i do? (sorry for bad english)

By "chip" you mean sim card? Normally rebooting should set up the APN for the other carrier, but you may need to go into settings -> mobile networks -> access point names, and choose or setup the APN from there. This should enable data properly.
11th July 2016, 07:56 AM |#36  

More
Just like to share a very subjective observation, no benchmark etc. available after conversion of /cache and /data to F2FS.
  1. Personal feeling: Much faster booting times. Devices runs faster overall. As said, only a feeling.
  2. Charging times are longer, much longer; however and more important for me personally, battery consumption remained at the very good level I had prior to the conversion. I don't know how a different file system is able to influence charging times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
11th July 2016, 08:51 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

Just like to share a very subjective observation, no benchmark etc. available after conversion of /cache and /data to F2FS.

1. Personal feeling: Much faster booting times. Devices runs faster overall. As said, only a feeling.
  2. Charging times are longer, much longer; however and more important for me personally, battery consumption remained at the very good level I had prior to the conversion. I don't know how a different file system is able to influence charging times.

I didn't really notice much of a difference in F2FS, but diff. people have diff. usage scenarios, so thanks for sharing!
The Following User Says Thank You to limjh16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift limjh16 Ad-Free
14th July 2016, 03:36 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
WiFi Problem
t's kind of a weird problem i bought the phone used and it worked fine and installed a rom cyanogen 13 btw, after 3 days of using it the phone can only connect to 1 router and if i am 2 feet away from it the phone doesn't disconnect but the internet isn't working, and no it's not my router because other devices work are connected to it and they work fine, the Samsung Galaxy S3 even denies a open hotspot and says sometimes says authentication error and it doesn't even have a password!!

any fix for this ?

thx
14th July 2016, 04:57 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darks1ide94m5t

t's kind of a weird problem i bought the phone used and it worked fine and installed a rom cyanogen 13 btw, after 3 days of using it the phone can only connect to 1 router and if i am 2 feet away from it the phone doesn't disconnect but the internet isn't working, and no it's not my router because other devices work are connected to it and they work fine, the Samsung Galaxy S3 even denies a open hotspot and says sometimes says authentication error and it doesn't even have a password!!

any fix for this ?

thx

Which kernel are you using? And did you try another ROM?
14th July 2016, 04:47 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limjh16

Which kernel are you using? And did you try another ROM?

I am using the boeffela kernel on cm13 and yes ,i tried a bunch of roms, even the stock one and no luck
I have wifi signal when i try to connect to it it says saved and secured and it cannot connect, if i get close to the router it connect and works fine but if i step like a 1 meter away the download speed go down do 0.02 kb and disconnects
14th July 2016, 04:59 PM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darks1ide94m5t

I am using the boeffela kernel on cm13 and yes ,i tried a bunch of roms, even the stock one and no luck
I have wifi signal when i try to connect to it it says saved and secured and it cannot connect, if i get close to the router it connect and works fine but if i step like a 1 meter away the download speed go down do 0.02 kb and disconnects

Could it be that the WiFi antenna in your device is broken or disconnected?
http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)