FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP THREAD][i9300][i9305] Ask any Question. Noob friendly.

1,477 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,048

Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2018, 09:23 AM |#461  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Mer weiß nit, wofür et jot iss
Thanks Meter: 5,684

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki4321

Oh okay sure
Its an GT-I9305
CM 12.1 Unofficial (5.1.1)
Baseband is I9305AOBLL1
Kernel is 3.0.64-CM

I want Magisk to hide my Root status of course.. if i wouldnt need that i would just stay with what i have. I cant open some apps which check for Safenet and i fail oc

Thanks very much for the information. I'm glas it's an i9305 because I'm really not familar with the i9300. And yes; I assumed that the reason for your post was SafetyNet.
In our family we're using three i9305's and still with full satisfaction. For more than a year now, they are running on RR-N-v5.8.5-final with this Boeffla(mod)-kernel absolutely smoothly and really without any issues, and all with the baseband/modem XXUFOA1 (actually, never heard or seen the baseband you're on. I guess this baseband and your kernel are the inherent ones in your CM version). Root manager for all devices is Magisk v16.7 beta, and on all Xposed is installed. As I mentioned Xposed, with Xposed installed it's simply impossible to pass the SafetyNet check but we don't care at all as we don't use the devices for any banking or payment methods (and we don't play Pokemon Go etc.).
I'm afraid and a bit embarrased - and I apologise that I'm unable to assist you in getting past the SafetyNet check. More than a year ago, just for interest and pleasure I tried to get all greens in the check but completely unsuccessfully (even without Xposed installed). Already the basic integrity failed; maybe due to the kernel or the recognised unlocked bootloader but really now way.
I remember a few discussions and posts in these two threads, and if I correctly remember some members reported they had passed the SafetyNet check. Maybe you consider to serch the threads in that respect:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...at-v5-t2704828
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-v5-1-t2950817
And as already stated, sorry for not being of any help.

16th August 2018, 02:05 PM |#462  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@Oswald Boelcke no, you helped me a lot. i will try your suggestions Hope it will let me pass safetynet check. If not i try closing bootloader again. must be possible at this phone. To bad huawei stopped giving bootloader keys
16th August 2018, 03:12 PM |#463  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki4321

@Oswald Boelcke no, you helped me a lot. i will try your suggestions Hope it will let me pass safetynet check. If not i try closing bootloader again. must be possible at this phone. To bad huawei stopped giving bootloader keys

Sorry, why Huawei. You told me it's a GT-i9305 i.e. a Samsung device.
16th August 2018, 03:22 PM |#464  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Sorry, why Huawei. You told me it's a GT-i9305 i.e. a Samsung device.

I have two phones.. one is the i9305 and the other is the P9
Need to work first and than i try to get everything working. also need a stockrom first. want to backup imei and nv again first
2nd September 2018, 09:51 PM |#465  

More
which rom to choose ?
Hello,

owner of a Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 with 4000 mAh battery anker, I want to put a custom rom.
But which one do you advise ? a stable stable fast and thrifty lol.
thank you in advance for your advice.
Chris
3rd September 2018, 01:00 PM |#466  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopheclaude

Hello,

owner of a Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 with 4000 mAh battery anker, I want to put a custom rom.
But which one do you advise ? a stable stable fast and thrifty lol.
thank you in advance for your advice.
Chris

Hi Chris. I assume your appreciation that I personally always refrain from suggesting a ROM. All ROM and kernel developers have put a lot of effort, time (usually their leisure time), enthusiasm and much more into their "products" to make all of them to the very best what they are; though the development for our already pretty mature device has obviously halted. I know about quite a few guys who had to terminate their great job simply because their i9305 broke and didn't want to further development without testing equipment. From my point of view it wouldn't simply be fair to advise on a specific ROM.
Additionally a specification like "stable stable fast and thrifty" isn't sufficiently precise. The decision for a specific ROM is a very personal one pending e.g. on own desire for customisation, intended or available app portfolio, utilisation behaviour and much more. Therefore my only advice: Check and read the Galaxy S III I9305 (4G LTE + 2GB RAM) Android Development forum for a ROM that meets your desire and expectations. If the OP of the thread of the possible ROM candidate raises you interest search and scan the thread for user "comments".
Last but not least - and it's neither an advice nor a recommendation: We own a total of 3 i9305's. All of them are running with RR-N-v5.8.5-final by @rodman01 (this is the connected Q&A thread; in both threads you'll find quite a few posts by me) together with a Boeffla kernel ported to our i9305 by @stratonz; actually I use this version modified by rodman01. For the kernel settings we use Lord Boeffla's Boeffla-Config App v2.5.x. All three i9305's are GApps free, running with microG (actually through NanoDroid currently), Magisk v17.1 and Xposed. The applications, Magisk and Xposed modules portfolio obviously in regard to my wife's, mine and my sister-in-law's interest and desire. Some more information can be retrieved from the thread I started.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)