[HELP THREAD][i9300][i9305] Ask any Question. Noob friendly.

Search This thread

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
url]

Samsung Galaxy S3 3G/LTE

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
attachment.php
List of supporters
  • @limjh16 (i9305)
  • @Wood Man (i9305)
  • @Trafalgar Square (i9300)
  • @noc.jfcbs (i9305)
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.

Last edited:

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Reactions: limjh16 and woodman

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Hey everybody, can anyone tell me what the heck is wrong with the xda forums lately? There are multiple things going wrong and some functions of the site dont work at all?

For example:

- Clicking on notifications in the top right corner doesnt open the received notifications, instead it opens this page http://xdaforums.com/usercp.php
- Cant expand the names in a post to see who gave thanks, again opens a different page
- Options like attachments, smileys and all other options when writing a comment dont work (their not clickable)

Maybe there are more, but these are the ones i came across till now. Anyone having same behavior? or maybe it's just my laptop thats tripping... :p In any case its very much frustrating!

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Hey everybody, can anyone tell me what the heck is wrong with the xda forums lately? There are multiple things going wrong and some functions of the site dont work at all?

For example:

- Clicking on notifications in the top right corner doesnt open the received notifications, instead it opens this page http://xdaforums.com/usercp.php
- Cant expand the names in a post to see who gave thanks, again opens a different page
- Options like attachments, smileys and all other options when writing a comment dont work (their not clickable)

Maybe there are more, but these are the ones i came across till now. Anyone having same behavior? or maybe it's just my laptop thats tripping... :p In any case its very much frustrating!
Hi my friend,
In my case, no such problems until today but I will check again on my laptop this evening.

What do you mean by lately exactly? In my case 1 or 2 hours ago, it was fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using XDA Labs

Reactions: MaHo_66

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Hi my friend,
In my case, no such problems until today but I will check again on my laptop this evening.

What do you mean by lately exactly? In my case 1 or 2 hours ago, it was fine.

Yo big bro Mr.Flo :)

I noticed this behavior couple of days ago, and now im logged in with my i9305 via the browser, same behavior unfortunately.

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Okay, I've just checked, I confirm I don't have such issues. Weeeeird for you!
:eek::rolleyes::silly::crying::confused::(:angel: :D

Oke thanks a lot for checking, seems like something is causing this, not sure what exactly.. hope i can find it out, if not then that will be very bad for me, it kinda makes xda unusable for me and much worse its frustrating a lot, hope i dont smash my laptop to pieces because of it, because lately with ramadan and all im really tense :p

Btw. Congrats with your new title my friend, very nice :)

Take care!

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Oke thanks a lot for checking, seems like something is causing this, not sure what exactly.. hope i can find it out, if not then that will be very bad for me, it kinda makes xda unusable for me and much worse its frustrating a lot, hope i dont smash my laptop to pieces because of it, because lately with ramadan and all im really tense :p

Btw. Congrats with your new title my friend, very nice :)

Take care!
Thanks bro, you know you're responsible of a big part of my contributions here. I can't thank you enough for this.
You also have to take care mainly in this ramadan time ;)
See you my friend.

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore
Thanks bro, you know you're responsible of a big part of my contributions here. I can't thank you enough for this.
You also have to take care mainly in this ramadan time ;)
See you my friend.
Oh never knew you are a Muslim maho...
Well, early happy aidilfitri since its next Wednesday!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Labs

KechDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Tangier

For example:

Everything Is Working Fine, Double Click On The Notifications Menu Will Show usercp.php Instead Of That Menu, The Fix Is To Click Just One Time, I Don't Know About The Others...
But You Can Try Between These Different Solutions :
Uninstall And Re-Install Your Current Browser.
Or Use The Old XDA Layout.
Or If It Always Failing, Try Using Google DNS.
Regards.

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

For example:

About a months ago, I reported xda forum issues but never received a reply. If interested check here and here.

Normally, I don't use my GT-I9305 for visiting xda. However, due to your post I checked the xda functionalities by using the Gello browser that came with my ROM.
Everything is working as expected and normally except that the [view] button is missing to expand the thanks row to see who gave thanks.

For the still existing issues with xda on my laptop, please refer to the first link above.

MaHo_66

Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
About a months ago, I reported xda forum issues but never received a reply. If interested check here and here.

Normally, I don't use my GT-I9305 for visiting xda. However, due to your post I checked the xda functionalities by using the Gello browser that came with my ROM.
Everything is working as expected and normally except that the [view] button is missing to expand the thanks row to see who gave thanks.

For the still existing issues with xda on my laptop, please refer to the first link above.

Thank you, so it seems it was not only me with this problem, good to know :good:
Btw. i didnt do anything special myself, but somehow everything has returned back to normal, all functions and options are working well again in my browser (Chrome).

Reactions: woodman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]
    url]

Samsung Galaxy S3 3G/LTE

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

attachment.php

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
    attachment.php
    List of supporters
    • @limjh16 (i9305)
    • @Wood Man (i9305)
    • @Trafalgar Square (i9300)
    • @noc.jfcbs (i9305)
    To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
    If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request here in the thread!
    Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
    Please look for a similar thread when visiting another device forum.
    If you would like to create a [Help Thread] please Click Here.
    Hi all,

i bought my S3 LTE in 2013 and rooted it with the old adb-method. Now i´ve read this thread and i´m very interessted in nougat 7.0 for my S3, because my new phone is a S8+ with the very nice batman-mod. while modding my S8+ i made some newb-mistakes, so Tkkg1994 helped me out.
    I don´t want to make the mistakes now on my S3 and please allow me to ask for newb-guide for this mod. i was free to wipe all possible partitions and caches and installed "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-i9305.tar" with the "Unified_Android_Toolkit_v1.6.4", which is running now.
    I also downloaded several mods like "CyanogenMod 14.1 [UNOFFICIAL]-20170920T084124Z-001" and "PureDark_Styled_I9305XXUFPB1_4.4.4_KK", "RR-N-v5.8.4-20170808-i9305-Official", the newest Odin, adb and drivers.

So i want to be sure having the right bootloader, kernel and mod for this procedure.
    I´ve read many pages of this thread but could´t find a list or guide. Is it possible to help an old man out?

Thx in front
    Glad to hear that you're going to bring a i9305 back to life. I love this device; mature but running great with everything I need. We really can't thank all the developers and contributors enough that they keep the i9305 alive.

First, you mentioned you're looking for Nougat 7.0 but later on and including the thread you originally posted you're obviously going for Nougat 7.1. I hope you allow me to continue this path. I'd I'm glad to hear you're familiar with Odin etc. I personally use Odin (and Heimdall) only for things that can't be done out of recovery i.e. TWRP for me.

We own two i9305's (even three if I include the one of my wife's sister), and all are on TWRP 3.0.2-1; obviously the version personally recommended by me. Twice I used the version provided by TeamWin, one (mine) is with Twrp-openrecovery 3.0.2-1-F2FS from this guide by MaHo_66 because I played with F2FS in former times but stopped as I didn't realise any advantage. Once, many weeks ago, I "upgarded" tp TWRP 3.1 but got issues and therefore reverted. You might want to consider to use 3.0.2-1 instead of 2.7.

As far as I see you're currently still on the Jelly Bean bootloader. It shouldn't make any trouble, and I'd personally stay with it; also because that one isn't knoxed yet.

Please consider to update your baseband/modem. A very comprehensive "Flashable Modems Repository" by MaHo_66 is available here. I'm on XXUFOA1 because I'd no issues at all with this modem (different to the latest one XXUFPE1), and I'm using the VD2 - the one for Vodafone Germany. To my best knowledge (but can't prove) the CSC doesn't matter anyway if you're using e.g. RR.

ROM is obviously absolutely personal preference i.e. how can I recommend. All of our devices are on
    RR-N-v5.8.4-20170808-i9305-Official by @rodman01 that you already downloaded. For me personally, simply the very best ROM I could get, and which suits all my personal privacy requirements and allows me not to use any Google crap but microG. But the decision what ROM to go for is only use.

I don't know p.a.n.'s ROM inherent kernel but I think it's the same as rod's RR one. However, if you want to go for a custom kernel with RR I personally used this one with great satisfaction and have its successor currently in use. Maybe they work with p.a.n.'s ROM, too. They are Boeffla kernel and fully supported by the Boeffla Configuration application.

I assume now to have correctly understood there's no requirement to explain how to flash everything mentioned above. Enjoy your i9305, and don't hesitate to post in case of further questions.
    Public congrats for your RC title @limjh16 ! ;)
    Hi guys,

First of all, I am new to this forums and my English might not be very good but I'll do my best.

So, a few days ago I ordered a new Oneplus 3 but that'll take up to 5 weeks before I'll recieve it. I sold my Nexus 5 and now I am using an s3 i9300. Ofcourse it was slow and I am not used to all the preinstalled Samsung apps, since I was used to the clean Nexus software.

I read about how to root and flash the phone, I decided to go for CM13 NIGHTLY (Android 6.0.1) whiched I flashed with TWRP (newest verison). It worked and the phone is now a lot faster than it used to be. But, I have had some random reboots and my GPS is not working at all. It takes forever to calculate it's position. Though, I need the GPS since I used my phone as navigations. I read about flashing custom roms a bit more. I believe I need a recent version of the firmware, as someone advised me.

I have been looking for some time to find the right firmware and a STABLE version of CM13. Could someone help me out to get me the right stuff? I am from The Netherlands As I said, I have been searching for a while now but I don't seem to be able to find it. Probably because I am new to rooting and flashing :laugh:

EDIT: I have been looking a little further and found a firmware update for Android 4.3 released on 03.11.2014. Is this the newest firmwire for an s3 i9300? Or should I just look for firmware that is for Android 6.0? (Galaxy s6) And install in on my s3 i9300?

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to XDA! I'm convinced you're going to feel very comfortable in this forum. English skills aren't any problem as most of the xda-users aren't native speakers. As you're a newbie here, I suggest to read this as well as the four "Must Read"'s in my signature.
    Android 4.3 is the latest stock firmware for the GT-I9300, that's correct. If your carrier is PHN, 03 NOV 2014 is really the latest. Vodafone's dates from 16 SEP 2014, and T-Mobile 22 JAN 2016. More details here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9300/TNL/.
    Our godson holds a GT-I9300, and I flashed Resurrection Remix on his; the same ROM I'm using very happily. Latest version is v5.7.4, available via this RR thread: http://forum.resurrectionremix.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=prtsikt0k4ejnvk508afaejra2&topic=2037.new#new; the actual download is here: https://basketbuild.com/devs/resurrectionremix/i9300.
    As you see in the hidden part of my signature block, I replaced the stock ROM kernel by a so called AGNi kernel. I did the same with our godson's device. If you also want to go for AGNi, please be aware there are kernel for the GT-I9300 and the 9305, as well as pureSTOCK and pureCM. You should obviously go for GT-I9300 pureCM. Here's the respective thread: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/orig-development/kernel-13-06-2014-agni-purecm-v2-8-0-t2231393. Download is here: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=2502#downloads. You'll find two versions. I'm using the v4.5.5; my experiences with v5.10.3 aren't as good as with v4.5.5.
    If you want to use some Google stuff, find it here: http://opengapps.org/; just choose whatever suits you the best.
    I understood, you're already rooted. I'm now assuming you know how to flash everything. Please advise unless I'm wrong or in case of more questions.
    Good battery endurance paired with a "smooth" system behaviour is my priority number one. Since I've joined xda, I recognise that many others are going with the same precedence.
    However, I also see that nearly nobody defines what a good battery endurance or life means. Is it the 24hrs+, I currently have on my device that's satisfying me a lot? These 24hrs+ could be a poor life for others. We continue discussions just knowing the type of device and probably the ROM but ignore the overall system and especially the personal behaviour and preferences of the device's owner.
    How does s/he use his phone? Heavy load gaming? Screen permanently on while staring on grimacebook or whogivesa? What are the application running on the device and with auto-start at boot? Which and how many applications do run in the background, and are eating fuel?
    Before I decided to go for a specific tariff plan, I tried to analyse my consumer behaviour in regard to number, duration, network of calls, text messages, and data consumption. Trying to evaluate my battery life, I used a similar approach by assessing the topics stated in the second paragraph. Literally, I deem to be unable to advice anybody else but me how good his battery life is or how to improve it.
    For myself, I can clearly declare I'm very happy with Resurrection Remix, and the endurance of my battery currently suits me better than formerly when on JB or KK.