FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I9305 front replacement identical to I9300?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Gnaddel, Junior Member on 2nd April 2013, 02:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2016, 09:31 PM |#51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Annoying thing
Still, I believe there is a solution and it consists in using a Dremel tool to remove all the aforementioned parts of the i9300 metal frame so the i9305 motherboard and middle cover fit correctly.
Some precautions have to be taken. Covering the holes in the frame to avoid metal splinters entering the LCD circuits and painting the removed parts properly to avoid contact of the metal with the motherboard circuits.
I haven't tried it personally but I'm probable going to do it this weekend so I will tell you how it goes.

And next some pictures illustrating everything I explained:[/QUOTE]

Hello! I really don't know if this is a genuine reply but I'm new over here
I want to ask if anyone know the name of that "rubber" (I think) which isolate the motherboard of the LCD "chassis" .
My motherboard overheat really bad and I need an idea about how I can isolate that part of "chassis" (I forgot to mention that I was removed that 'rubber' to increase the chances my I9305's motherboard fit into i9300's "chassis" , and yeah..now I've got this trouble).
I'm willing to try that Dremel tool but I wish to try an easy way first
Thanks!
 
 
22nd June 2016, 04:06 PM |#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
i9305 motherboard in an i9300 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdaTron

Hello! I really don't know if this is a genuine reply but I'm new over here
I want to ask if anyone know the name of that "rubber" (I think) which isolate the motherboard of the LCD "chassis" .
My motherboard overheat really bad and I need an idea about how I can isolate that part of "chassis" (I forgot to mention that I was removed that 'rubber' to increase the chances my I9305's motherboard fit into i9300's "chassis" , and yeah..now I've got this trouble).
I'm willing to try that Dremel tool but I wish to try an easy way first
Thanks!

Hello,
I think you are talking about the thermal pad, you should not remove it.


I would like to thanks everyone , I arrived here by googling my issue : i9305 i9300 motherboard in a phone ( the phone did not read the sim card Because of the pressure on the flex cable sim ) . After I read this thread , I used a small flat screwdriver ( since I have not a dremel ) to trim the frame under the motherboard as described and by covering the scratched parts with an insulating tape for high temp ( I have not That Particular paint ) . Actually everything Seems to work , obviously the 4g is not working Because of the antenna, but the LTE yes , Also the home button is working . I'm satisfied since I repaired this phone with a 20€ mainboard and an hour of work. Thank you




I cannot attach images also if hosted in my profile.. this is the album(2 pics) http://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=13388

EDIT:
4g works
The Following User Says Thank You to mrday For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrday Ad-Free
10th July 2016, 03:33 PM |#53  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
I'm glad my indications were of help to somebody. It is great to know the modifications can be made also scratching the metal instead of using a dremel. It sure slower, but undoubtedly more secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrday

Hello,
I think you are talking about the thermal pad, you should not remove it.


I would like to thanks everyone , I arrived here by googling my issue : i9305 i9300 motherboard in a phone ( the phone did not read the sim card Because of the pressure on the flex cable sim ) . After I read this thread , I used a small flat screwdriver ( since I have not a dremel ) to trim the frame under the motherboard as described and by covering the scratched parts with an insulating tape for high temp ( I have not That Particular paint ) . Actually everything Seems to work , obviously the 4g is not working Because of the antenna, but the LTE yes , Also the home button is working . I'm satisfied since I repaired this phone with a 20€ mainboard and an hour of work. Thank you




I cannot attach images also if hosted in my profile.. this is the album(2 pics) http://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=13388

EDIT:
4g works

21st September 2016, 12:23 AM |#54  
EeeK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenlancer

Managed to successfully swap out an i9305 motherboard into an i9300
How exactly did you extend the pins for the home buttons?

Just push up the pins to extend so there is a connection between the pins and home button connector
13th October 2016, 02:01 PM |#55  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I tried this. The result was that It would not read the sim card Anny more.. I then tried an original I9305 and it would still not read the simcard. So I guess the result is damage to the motherboard .
27th March 2017, 07:06 PM |#56  
tinko975's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
i put motherboard of i9305 to i9300 but no network, says no sim. CP doesnt exist.. what to do? left is regular i9305 and right i9300 with motherboard of i9305..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170327_192538.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	4090930  
29th March 2017, 11:06 AM |#57  
tinko975's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
I solved it. with biax to chasis wih help of that pictures and now fits, works good everithing except no 4g but 3g but it doesnt matter..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8&postcount=11
15th June 2017, 07:33 PM |#58  
Junior Member
Flag Casablanca
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
managed to get 4G network
Hi everybody,

since my galaxy s3 showed me white screen of death after years of service it came to my mind naturally to seek a new motherboard, but I was already feeling the frustration of not having a 4G compatible device.
I decided since to think about substituting the dead S3 mobo with an S3 LTE one and that was the reason I came across this thread by googling.

I managed to buy a cheap S3 LTE mobo for less than 8$ and I worked on it.

the first time I just put it in place with S3 LCD after changing antenna and I faced the following problems:
- no network (either no service or no network bars with emergency calls only)
- mobile becomes very hot (in the bottom around sim reader) and drains battery very fast
- mobo didn't fit well
- home button does not respond

by reading your these posts I could identify whether these symptoms are software or hardware related because in the first time I thought that it's just a matter of rom in dealing with the no network symtom

to overcome these problems or at least some of them, I have put a small piece of electric tape on the area around the left bottom screw to isolate it from mobo and the abnormal heat disappears at once ==> there was a short-circuit like there.
I changed the sim to use another one from another carrier and the network worked perfect.

the home button of course still doesn't respond and I prefer not to bend those pins for the moment

I've done that this way waiting to find a simple way to trim those areas causing it not to fit perfectly

any idea about the reason why network works perfectly with one carrier but not with the others?
15th August 2017, 03:18 PM |#59  
Mirajoo7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
What about the sgh-i747m motherboard and i9300 display?


Is this discussion still open?
15th August 2017, 10:23 PM |#60  
Junior Member
Flag Casablanca
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirajoo7

What about the sgh-i747m motherboard and i9300 display?


Is this discussion still open?

Hi,

you can take a look at these threads

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1800508&page=3
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1862706
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2045876

you can also make a search on youtube there are videos showing things about your issue

this is an example of a video title
"SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 i9300 LCD to I747 and i747M Works Fine"
10th October 2017, 11:15 AM |#61  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
another succesfull story
eMMC died in my i9300 and after countless hours of trying to revive it and finding this thread I finally decided to upgrade it to i9305, so I ordered tested-as-working (wanted to be sure that it was fully functional so there would be no doubt if I messed something up in the process) i9305 MoBo for around $25 and as soon as it arrived I started the process of careful dremeling the metal pieces. I used thin clear office tape to cover holes exposing display's PCB (it was pretty tricky as they are directly next to places I was working on, in hindsight I think it would be better to cut out mask from paper to cover everything except place I was working on) and used medium-sized flat-headed screwdriver to cover delicate chips from accidentally slipping dremel head and damaging it. After evening out frame "separator" to same height as its top-end and taking out little off metal near bottom-left screw hole (look at the pictures in first post on the second page of this thread) I put everything back together, but SIM couldn't be recognized and corner near back button was getting pretty hot, so I put a piece of clear tape on demeled place near bottom-left screw hole, which soled the issue. Everything is working except of LTE, which is working, but not very reliably, still sometimes reaches better speeds than 3G.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes