[Q&A] [ROM][7.1.2][i9305 OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix® N v5.8.X

Search This thread

sostk22

May 20, 2015
sydney
I am getting build errors anyways with recovery, I think. Something like: libsysutils_intermediates is missing needed by minivold. Think I need some local flags to add?!? Or do you have another idea?
If you are using system core from rianaldho you face those error because it lacks 3or 4 commits from lineage os releated to recovery just do those commits and build it.

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Many thanks. Yes, I have noticed this too and that was the problem. I switched back to lineage system core and error disappeared. But now I am having problems with compiling the kernel. Seems that battery/power commits are working for i9100, but not for i9305. Tried to update defconfig similar to i9100 but getting next build errors... @rINanDO any ideas? I will copy the error message here once it will occur again. It was related to samsung battery and lpcharge, also alarm_, but I have tried a lot and mixed around, so I just have to sort it out again to become more detailed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

ajaydevklm

Sep 15, 2016
You're always welcome. And OT: Good luck to "your" reds tonight; however, I doubt it's a problem.

Replied in the Q&A section as I'm talking custom kernel, now.
You might want to consider to flash the kernel that I mention in this post, and which was modified by rodman01.
I'm extremely satisfied with this kernel. Maybe its boeffla sound satisfies your requirements. If you intend to use this kernel I suggest to use it with the fantastic Boeffla Config App - actually I recomment the donation/pro version.

Regarding Magisk hide, I assume you mean that you can't pass the SafetyNet check, and that's well known as well as already quite often mentioned in the RR thread. However, if you search the thread you'll also find reports that some guys were able to pass the SafetyNet check. If I correctly remember by either a different SU than Magisk or by un-rooting the device.

Thank you!!... Now audio is okay.
And i have problem with recording voice using voice recorder, video camera, WhatsApp.. after recording. Play back voice out is too low. Can you just check it. And tell me a solution.

Am also satisfied with os.. it's very good. I AICP and RR both roms are good. No other issues. I tried boeffla kernal & Boeffla config app. Its also good.

I want to use some banking apps and Magiak hide is not working. So i re- installed RR rom and uninstalled magisk using magisk uninstaller.
Now my os is unrooted.
Apps are working perfectly.

public3n3my

Jan 5, 2014
MountVille
I want to use some banking apps and Magiak hide is not working. So i re- installed RR rom and uninstalled magisk using magisk uninstaller.
Now my os is unrooted.
Apps are working perfectly.

There is solution for this. I mean to have root and still be able to use bankin app by hiding the root.
Use linageOS SU by downloading on their site together with app called iSu(search the forum). They work fine on me. Sorry for my bad explanation.

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
There is solution for this. I mean to have root and still be able to use bankin app by hiding the root.
Use linageOS SU by downloading on their site together with app called iSu(search the forum). They work fine on me. Sorry for my bad explanation.
Yes this works for me and @erosco as previously discussed in the thread and passes safety net. But I'm lucky my combank app doesn't check for root so I use magisk since I don't need to pass safety net

Edit,

For anyone interested here's the link to the lineage OS Su

https://download.lineageos.org/extras

And here's iSu

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/isu-simple-app-to-deactivate-activate-t3478348/page1

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
I just bought MHL.
And it does not work. :(

I have a boeffla kernel possible that by this?
And does LOS 14.1 work or not?
I never used MHL and don't even know what it is but good to know it doesn't work with RR.
I'm also using Boeffla (and therefore placed my reply here in the Q&A section) but as said no knowledge about MHL and therefore unable to assess in Boeffla can influence MHL's behaviour.
If you think it might, simply flash RR v5.8.5 (I assume that's the version you're talking about) again but without Boeffla, and check MHL's functionality with the RR inherent kernel.
Regrading LOS I suggest to ask in the respective thread.

john133

Feb 13, 2011
i9300 fails when data connected and screen enter in sleep mode

Hello,
I've a i9300 with RR N 5.8.5 (final) today. Phone often crash when data is connected and screen goes to sleep mode. After a little while, it's impossible to switch the screen on with any button. I've to restart it pressing 5s on power button.
It's not a new issue, i had experienced this issue since at least 5.8.4. Thinking on a battery problem, i've replaced it.
How i can debug this issue since i've to reboot the phone fro scratch each time it fails? Logcat is empty on startup.
Thanks for helping!
Michaël

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
Hello,
I've a i9300 with RR N 5.8.5 (final) today. Phone often crash when data is connected and screen goes to sleep mode. After a little while, it's impossible to switch the screen on with any button. I've to restart it pressing 5s on power button.
It's not a new issue, i had experienced this issue since at least 5.8.4. Thinking on a battery problem, i've replaced it.
How i can debug this issue since i've to reboot the phone fro scratch each time it fails? Logcat is empty on startup.
Thanks for helping!
Michaël
This thread is the i9305 S3 LTE not i9300. Or is it a typo?

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Hello,
Thanks for helping!
Michaël
If you device is an i9300 don't be surprised that your phone permanently crashes with this port of RR as i9305 and i9300 are not compatible in regard to hardware.
Here's the link to the page that contains the latest RR version (RR-N-v5.8.5-20170925-i9300-Final.zip) for the i9300:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/resurrectionremix/files/i9300/
Try that one if you're device is really the i9300. And I definitly suggest a clean flash!

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

This explains what MHL is. It's to connect a device to a high definition tv

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-Definition_Link

Boeffla is only ported to our device so that could be the reason it's not compatible. Most "S3" features only will work on stock ROMs like Samsung intended.
Thanks for the interesting post. Reading that might also be a hardware (USB port) or driver issue.

OT - @DJ aliasz3d: New name - may I ask why? Did it become boring?

Reactions: DJ aliasz3d

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
If you device is an i9300 don't be surprised that your phone permanently crashes with this port of RR as i9305 and i9300 are not compatible in regard to hardware.
Here's the link to the page that contains the latest RR version (RR-N-v5.8.5-20170925-i9300-Final.zip) for the i9300:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/resurrectionremix/files/i9300/
Try that one if you're device is really the i9300. And I definitly suggest a clean flash!

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Thanks for the interesting post. Reading that might also be a hardware (USB port) or driver issue.

OT - @DJ aliasz3d: New name - may I ask why? Did it become boring?
Hi schmidy it was just because the under score and space in my old name was causing people to mis-mention me and I wasn't getting all mentions. The DJ bit is just an add on since aliasz3d actually was my name as a Dj. I still make music but not for a living now due to health reasons we've spoke about in private.:)

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Hi schmidy it was just because the under score and space in my old name was causing people to mis-mention me and I wasn't getting all mentions. The DJ bit is just an add on since aliasz3d actually was my name as a Dj. I still make music but not for a living now due to health reasons we've spoke about in private.:)
OT: Mike, you should already be sleeping...:eek: I thought so including the meaning of "DJ" as you had explained to me in the past. Guess it was a good idea.:good: Everybody is changing callsigns: You, Woodman did, and others in the past. Maybe I ought to consider doing the same... Let's sleep about it at least one night.
I'm off XDA now. Tonight is Chanpions League and "my" BVB is playing Real Madrid. Wow, let's see... Tough time tomorrow for Rod; his reds are playing PSG Paris tomorrow i.e. against Neymar (but who is Neymar?:D).
Let's meet on XMPP tomorrow, my friend. Ok? CU

Reactions: DJ aliasz3d

Galaxplus

Mar 13, 2013
no IMEI with clean install

Hey everyone,

I have an issue wich is definetly above my abilities. I like rodmans Rom a lot, but ever since the 18/12/16 version, I can't upgrade anymore. My IMEI (or my sim card, or baseband, I don't know) is not recognized, my phone doesn't ask for a pin, and although everything else works, it kind of defeats the purpose of a phone not being able to call ;). I tried everything I understood from the already existing questions and forums, but no luck.

With a clean flash from stock rom, the latest RR boots but without sim.

I'm not really good with command prompts and programming languages, but I know how to use tutorials with adb, odin, and recoverys.
Can you help me out? I would like to explore future roms, but every time it is a mess to get a working rom back when I try a new one.
Thank you very much! hope to hear from you.

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
OT: Mike, you should already be sleeping...:eek: I thought so including the meaning of "DJ" as you had explained to me in the past. Guess it was a good idea.:good: Everybody is changing callsigns: You, Woodman did, and others in the past. Maybe I ought to consider doing the same... Let's sleep about it at least one night.
I'm off XDA now. Tonight is Chanpions League and "my" BVB is playing Real Madrid. Wow, let's see... Tough time tomorrow for Rod; his reds are playing PSG Paris tomorrow i.e. against Neymar (but who is Neymar?:D).
Let's meet on XMPP tomorrow, my friend. Ok? CU
Enjoy your football and go bvb and hopefully Bayern can do it too. Yes for sure I'll see you on jabber tomorrow I can't sleep so I'll be up a while longer lol currently 1am :)

john133

Feb 13, 2011
Hi,

This thread is the i9305 S3 LTE not i9300. Or is it a typo?

Yes I'm on i9300, galaxy s3 3G. Sorry for the confusion, i'm on a wrong thread. my RR build is i9300 as well.

mtr_

Mar 23, 2017
Hey everyone,

I have an issue wich is definetly above my abilities. I like rodmans Rom a lot, but ever since the 18/12/16 version, I can't upgrade anymore. My IMEI (or my sim card, or baseband, I don't know) is not recognized, my phone doesn't ask for a pin, and although everything else works, it kind of defeats the purpose of a phone not being able to call ;). I tried everything I understood from the already existing questions and forums, but no luck.

I'm not really good with command prompts and programming languages, but I know how to use tutorials with adb, odin, and recoverys.
Can you help me out? I would like to explore future roms, but every time it is a mess to get a working rom back when I try a new one.
Try getting a log from logcat and posting it here.

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Staff member
Hey everyone,

Besides the definitely valuable logcat as suggested by @mtr_, the recovery.log of TWRP misgt be useful, too.
Did you already search the development section of this thread, as some members very occasionally reported to have "lost their SIM" after flashing the ROM, and the replies to these reports contained some ideas how to solve the issue.
Please allow me to ask a few questions:

• Which recovery do you use? TWRP? If affirmative, which version?
  • What do you wipe for the so called clean flash?
  • Did you try to clean flash RR, directly followed by flashing of a modem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe that it will be reopened, if O is somewhen working on or for our device too.
    But till than, it will stay closed. Also because currently I have a lack of motivation maintaining the thread and reading the posts there. Last couple of months most of the maintaining (tests, answers and user help) had been done from you @noc.jfcbs and you @DJ aliasz3d anyways, for which I thank you again. And I was, only yes a kind of, a passive member and reader. So I made this step also as draw of consequences and to fill up or refuel my sources and balancy/stability again.
    From my point of view less and less people, reading, visiting and posting on xda and here in i9305 section, are using this device. Some of their i9305 might have "died", many of them might have been sold. The rest, still using this device is either happy with what is available and how it works and don't expect anything beyond this. Or they try to find workarounds so that their i9305 could do what they need. The users still reading and posting here should find most answers to their questions if using the search button :), so no real Q&A is necessary. Will not say, that communication has stopped, but....additional almost no new versions of any roms for the i9305 had been released (beside the unofficial builds of leos-14.1 and mtr's 14.1 pan builds) since weeks/months, so normally no new questions should arise about the existing rom builds.

Still more "traffic" is in the i9300 section. They have for example a modified and updated boeffla kernel. I thought about starting to port this or picking the changes to our, but I discarded it again for several reasons. Same is with security updates, which are for example available for the t0lte. I think, the few people still flashing around and usually giving feedbacks and sometimes thanks, could also live without them :) and/or move to leos 14.1 or mtr/pan 14.1.

My mood and the spirit here has changed and its not a community anymore as it had been (already months, maybe years ago?!?) before. The hype of android development and custom roms is still there, but concentrating more and more and especially faster and faster to newer devices. This is, I think, also, because more and more mobile brands and types and variants are available and change more often...etc etc etc....think that there are many and much more aspects, related topics which could be mentioned and discussed :)
    I am not claiming or whining, its only a "neutral" observation/diagnosis and that things are moving and that is not too bad anyways :) , isn't it?
    Unfortunately guys my i9305 died today so I've now gone and bought a pixel 2 xl but thanks @rodman01 for all the good times and everyone really :good:
    All credits got to rinando and poisonninja. Without them I won't have got this to boot.
    Yes its not a fake, it is booting, but this is currently more or less the only thing :).
    But I thought I give you an imagination anyways :)
    Maybe that it will be reopened, if O is somewhen working on or for our device too.
    But till than, it will stay closed. Also because currently I have a lack of motivation maintaining the thread and reading the posts there. Last couple of months most of the maintaining (tests, answers and user help) had been done from you @noc.jfcbs and you @DJ aliasz3d anyways, for which I thank you again. And I was, only yes a kind of, a passive member and reader. So I made this step also as draw of consequences and to fill up or refuel my sources and balancy/stability again.
    I think you should post a closure message in your dev thread to explain why it's closed. Otherwise people will wonder what's happening and you may receive unwanted PMs as well.
    I do know there is this Q&A thread where they can read what you've just posted above but still...

My 2 cents :)