S3 lte i9305 no 3g 4g only 2g wokring help

Search This thread

hooo100

Feb 22, 2013
Thanks McJefferson, I have followed your code, it really stopped giving me the errors I encountered previously, I have tried the "nv rebuild" option but still I ended up with empty /efs

McJefferson

Sep 21, 2014
I know that feeling :eek: I'm looking for the solution since a month...

This issue can be fixed in less than 1 minute with an expensive Z3X box. The Z3X Samsung Tools software has the perfect fix for us, a magical "repair network" button. I don't know what it does exactly, but that instantly fix the 3g/4g subsystem of our phone.

I wonder if there's a way to use that tool without the box (it asks for a smartcard to start up; maybe there's a way to emulate the presence of that smartcard and simply use the usb cable), or at least to discover what it REALLY does, and find a manual way to reproduce that fix with adb commands and/or nv manipulation.

I hate that "E" near to my signal. It's frustrating. -.-

hooo100

Feb 22, 2013

I looked for the box in Israel, it costs about 400USD.
I really hope that some1 will figure out the box.
It's really frustrating

McJefferson

Sep 21, 2014
il problema e' indirizzo imei controlla se imei e' abbilitato al 3g o H

Cosa intendi? Come posso fare questo controllo?

Translation for everybody else:
Marioio: The problem is the IMEI address, check out if it',s 3G/H capable or not.
McJefferson: What do you mean? How can I perform that check?

McJefferson

Sep 21, 2014
Same problem here.
I was told that if someone with a working I9305 will make a quick backup for in QPST which I can restore to your phone it should solve the data issue.

Can any one post q send such backup?
Thanks

I've found a i9305 nv backup (qcn) made from a working i9305, and flashed it to my device.
Unfortunately, this didn't fix the network issue. I'm still stuck on 2G (yes, i've restored my IMEI). As ever, everything else seems to be working.

I think that issue may not be NV related. Probably we should look somewhere else... any ideas? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I've found a i9305 nv backup (qcn) made from a working i9305, and flashed it to my device.
Unfortunately, this didn't fix the network issue. I'm still stuck on 2G (yes, i've restored my IMEI). As ever, everything else seems to be working.

I think that issue may not be NV related. Probably we should look somewhere else... any ideas? :rolleyes:

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! I SEE AN "H"! AND AN "H+" RIGHT NOW! IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!!!!

FIX FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Restore a working QCN backup (like this one) http://www.mediafire.com/download/4jr3aw8brzsktj4/I9305_M9615ACEHWMAZD179599_6-9-2014_19-53-39.rar through the download tool of the QPST suite
2. Change the IMEI to match yours. <<<<. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. There are many way to do this, i used RF NV manager. I can't be more specific since this topic is off-limits on XDA.
3. Perform a factory reset.

I can't test LTE connection, because where I live there is no coverage, but I'll try as soon as I can.

However, happiness level: >10000 :D:D:D:D

Reactions: hooo100

marioio

Oct 18, 2014
Hi I have done this step, I downloaded here, I changed imei qcn with my imei but when I go to load writes to me that the qcn what can I do?
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I write to Phone, part of the strip loading comes to an end .Complete phone restarts but does not replace nulla.Cosa can I do?

McJefferson

Sep 21, 2014
Hi I have done this step, I downloaded here, I changed imei qcn with my imei but when I go to load writes to me that the qcn what can I do?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I write to Phone, part of the strip loading comes to an end .Complete phone restarts but does not replace nulla.Cosa can I do?

Dial *#06#, a pop-up windows will appear, do you see your IMEI in there, or something else?

marioio

Oct 18, 2014
Mi da imei del file qcn

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

So I expose my problem: I loaded the 4.3 firmware with Odin. It loads without error, but the phone does not funziona.Carico the modem.bin buali6 the phone starts to work. But imei address errato.Con QPST load the file qcn part loading, over in the left side loads the blue line ends with success the phone reboots, control but in reality has not saved

lionrass

Oct 3, 2015
Try this:
1. Dial *#0011#.
2. In the menu (press Menu button), select Back.
3. In the menu, do Key Input, and enter the letter Q (capital).
4. Repeat step 3 two more times, first entering 0000, then 11872. Wait for the Band selection screen to appear.
5. If the asterisk is not next to Automatic, click Automatic.

Most likely your band preference is set to 2G-only in NVRAM, this should fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

i did the steps and it took me to band selection. but i accidentally came out of ServiceMode. now when i try the steps again, it dont work. what could be the problem now?

Slimane_deb

Jan 2, 2016
Algiers
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorks !!!!!!! Comfirmed
Thank you so much
Wish U all the success

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! I SEE AN "H"! AND AN "H+" RIGHT NOW! IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!!!!

1. Restore a working QCN backup (like this one) http://www.mediafire.com/download/4jr3aw8brzsktj4/I9305_M9615ACEHWMAZD179599_6-9-2014_19-53-39.rar through the download tool of the QPST suite
2. Change the IMEI to match yours. <<<<. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP. There are many way to do this, i used RF NV manager. I can't be more specific since this topic is off-limits on XDA.

I can't test LTE connection, because where I live there is no coverage, but I'll try as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have exactly same problem with silver.. Have you fixed it? I have tried to fix problem some, but nothing looks like gonna fix it...

I have tried everything that was written on the forum..

When I check *#0011# it shows that only GSM900 is available...

Anybody?
    Where did you buy it?. Did you see if the modem frequency of the carrier it's available in your phone?, I got the same problem and it's possible that my phone doesn't have the hardware ready for the carrier in my country. I still looking for an answer.

This is I9305 specifications are not new .
    Check your network before purchase as hardware is not flash able .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III#Model_variants
    I reperair box nspro working 100!

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Only nspro now works to fix it

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9305 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Same problem here.
    I was told that if someone with a working I9305 will make a quick backup for in QPST which I can restore to your phone it should solve the data issue.

Can any one post q send such backup?
    Thanks