By LucasBass, Senior Member on 11th March 2013, 02:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2013, 04:51 PM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbaskip

Just downgrade to any branded firmware, unlock, then head over to the xda developer forum to upgrade to the unbranded ROM of your choice

And the unbranded ROMs are located... where exactly in that forum? I can't find it. GIVE A LINK PLEASE, thanks.

5th April 2013, 01:41 AM |#12  
Flag Dunedin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbass

Thanks, I have downgraded successfully to 4.1.1. and have also successfully unlocked my phone. Now I want to upgrade it, If i upgrade it will it lock my phone again?? If yes, Does someone have a solution to upgrade without locking my phone again?

Can you please confirm exactly which firmware you used and what method you used to downgrade? My phone's a UK T-Mobile locked I9305 on stock 4.1.2 and it gets stuck in a boot loop no matter which 4.1.1 firmware I try.

The one I'd expect to work is I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_EVR found here - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=EVR#firmware - but its definitely a no go. I also tried a couple of other random 4.1.1 ROMs from sammobile but got the same result. But when I flash a stock 4.1.2 from sammobile its always successful.

The background so far
- from stock 4.1.2 I applied the CF-Auto-Root, installed Mobile Odin Pro and tried to flash I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5 but got the boot loop.
- tried flashing from desktop Odin but while it says "successful" it still caught in the boot loop.
- downloaded and flashed the stock 4.1.2 ROM using desktop Odin which works fine (every time)
- tried downloading and flashing two other 4.1.1 ROMS for different countries using desktop Odin but get stuck in the boot loop
- flashed the stock 4.1.2 then the 'old' CF-Root so I could get CWM Recovery and tried applying 4.1.1 from within CWM. Here the error message "e:signature not verified" can be seen when it tries to update.

If anyone's got any ideas from here, I'd appreciate them...
5th April 2013, 02:55 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
When you flash the firmware 4.1.1 remove the battery, enter stock recovery and then wipe data and cache... The phone should boot!
5th April 2013, 09:21 AM |#14  
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,576

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercorp

Can you please confirm exactly which firmware you used and what method you used to downgrade? My phone's a UK T-Mobile locked I9305 on stock 4.1.2 and it gets stuck in a boot loop no matter which 4.1.1 firmware I try.

The one I'd expect to work is I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_EVR found here - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=EVR#firmware - but its definitely a no go. I also tried a couple of other random 4.1.1 ROMs from sammobile but got the same result. But when I flash a stock 4.1.2 from sammobile its always successful.

The background so far
- from stock 4.1.2 I applied the CF-Auto-Root, installed Mobile Odin Pro and tried to flash I9305XXALI5_I9305EVRALI5_I9305BVALI5_HOME.tar.md5 but got the boot loop.
- tried flashing from desktop Odin but while it says "successful" it still caught in the boot loop.
- downloaded and flashed the stock 4.1.2 ROM using desktop Odin which works fine (every time)
- tried downloading and flashing two other 4.1.1 ROMS for different countries using desktop Odin but get stuck in the boot loop
- flashed the stock 4.1.2 then the 'old' CF-Root so I could get CWM Recovery and tried applying 4.1.1 from within CWM. Here the error message "e:signature not verified" can be seen when it tries to update.

If anyone's got any ideas from here, I'd appreciate them...

You've missed most important thing. FACTORY RESET fhs....
The Following User Says Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DjeMBeY Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 10:10 AM |#15  
Flag Dunedin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip666knot

When you flash the firmware 4.1.1 remove the battery, enter stock recovery and then wipe data and cache... The phone should boot!

Thanks for that. I was doing a factory reset from recovery every time before flashing 4.1.1 but what has worked is doing it immediately AFTER as well.

So my exact working steps were:
- factory reset from recovery, flash from desktop Odin, remove battery while rebooting after flashing, another factory reset from recovery.

FWIW - using CWM just wasn't working for me at all. Was getting "E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad) Installation aborted" which google-fu suggests is a bad download, but the same download worked fine for the Odin flash.
16th April 2013, 01:22 PM |#16  

More
no dont update
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbass

Thanks, I have downgraded successfully to 4.1.1. and have also successfully unlocked my phone. Now I want to upgrade it, If i upgrade it will it lock my phone again?? If yes, Does someone have a solution to upgrade without locking my phone again?

hi friend i have unlocked UK 3 netwrk 4.0.4 S3 mobile when i updated to 4.1.2 it become locked again and i cant unlock it also so please dont update ur mobile till u get Unlock trick for the new version.
and pls help me coming to probem i downgraded to 4.0.4 through odin but i cant unlock using the trick which u posted here... hw do u unlocked ur ph with 4.1.1 version. please let me know.. plssssssssssssss

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercorp

Thanks for that. I was doing a factory reset from recovery every time before flashing 4.1.1 but what has worked is doing it immediately AFTER as well.

So my exact working steps were:
- factory reset from recovery, flash from desktop Odin, remove battery while rebooting after flashing, another factory reset from recovery.

FWIW - using CWM just wasn't working for me at all. Was getting "E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad) Installation aborted" which google-fu suggests is a bad download, but the same download worked fine for the Odin flash.

pls let me know what do u mean by "factory reset from recovery" can u pls explain me, my mobile is dead for past one month. help me to recover my mobile.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembey

No, it'll stay unlocked. You can upgrade to any rom, stock or custom. It's up to you I'm glad I could help.

Hit the Button and you're welcome

hi i have s3 unlocked ph 4.0.4 wen i upgarded to 4.1.2 again it get locked and i tried the trick which is posted here to unlock my mobile but that one is not wrked bcoz am geting diff kind of menu, so i downgraded to old version 4.0.4 again, but am stil geting same menu and i cant unlock my mobile, so pls help me to unlock my mobile. plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
16th April 2013, 04:34 PM |#17  
London, UK

Donate to Me
More
Don't use ISC 4.0.4!!! Install JB 4.1.1, unlock your phone and flash latest 4.1.2 afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DjeMBeY Ad-Free
17th April 2013, 08:12 AM |#18  

More
Unhappy thanks, bt stil my mob is locked
Quote:

Don't use ISC 4.0.4!!! Install JB 4.1.1, unlock your phone and flash latest 4.1.2 afterwards.

thanks for the reply , i installed 4.1.1 but still m geting diff kind of menu only am not getting this kind of menu

Main Menu
[1] UMTS
[1] Debug Screen
[8] Phone Control
[6] Network Lock
Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF
(after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in
[6] Network Lock then choose
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your ph.

then, i downgraded to 4.0.4 also but stil my ph is showing the diff kind of menu only... plz hlp me to unlock my ph, m getting mad ... plzzzz hlp...
(PS : in new kind of menu after selecting "Network lock" option am getting menu does not exist. )
17th April 2013, 10:21 AM |#19  
London, UK

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots please. How can I help you if I don't really know what is happening with your phone. Did you performed F.Reset after downgrading?
Are you getting this menu after dialing *#197328640#?????Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366190504102.jpg
Views:	1722
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1890126
17th April 2013, 12:24 PM |#20  

More
hlp me to unlock s3
Quote:

Screenshots please. How can I help you if I don't really know what is happening with your phone. Did you performed F.Reset after downgrading?
Are you getting this menu after dialing *#197328640#?????Attachment 1890126

thanku vry much for ur reply, here i am attaching the shapshot of my mobile.

Before and after downgrading i did Factory restore .

And i am very sorry my mobile model is GT-I9300 which i bought in UK -3 Network. ( just now i noticed this forum is for I9305).

Do i need to Rooting or custom ROM installation or sumting like that?

PS shopshot order 1)mainmenu--> 2) debug screen --> 3)Phone Control--> 4)menu does not exist
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.JPG
Views:	1431
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1890228  
17th April 2013, 01:02 PM |#21  
London, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrlokesh89

thanku vry much for ur reply, here i am attaching the shapshot of my mobile.

Before and after downgrading i did Factory restore .

And i am very sorry my mobile model is GT-I9300 which i bought in UK -3 Network. ( just now i noticed this forum is for I9305).

Do i need to Rooting or custom ROM installation or sumting like that?

PS shopshot order 1)mainmenu--> 2) debug screen --> 3)Phone Control--> 4)menu does not exist

Mate, this method doesn't work on i9300!!! Use this app instead https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...galaxsimunlock
It worked fine on my friends S3, root required though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)