System Status randomly showing Custom after Triangle Away

Search This thread

supermies123

May 9, 2011
Does your phone say modified when you take out the external sd card? You can simply unmount it shut down the phone and then remove it just to make see if maybe that is the issue. If it is whats causing the modified status then just backup whatever files you want to keep. And then format the card. You should be good to go

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Ok, Status showed Modified. I unmounted SD card, took the card out while phone was turned on, Status didn't change. Then I rebooted without SD card and Status was Normal again. But this doesn't really tell me anything because the Status has changed from Modified to Normal when rebooting even when SD card has been installed.

Device Status just changes from Normal to Modified when the phone is running. Sometimes the phone can run hours with Status showing Normal and then suddenly when i check at some point it has changed to Modified for some reason.

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
After reboot with card out did status become modified? Or did that happen after putting card back in?

supermies123

May 9, 2011
After reboot with card out did status become modified? Or did that happen after putting card back in?

Yes it did change to modified after some time even without the SD card. I decided to install Stock rom once more without SD card using Odin and Sammobile's official firmware package and did factory reset. I left Unknown sources unchecked and installed apps only from Play store. Still after some time Device Status showed modified again. I wonder if even Samsung's engineers know what causes this problem :laugh:

mhannigan

Jan 2, 2013
Providence
FACTORY RESET settings/backup and reset/Factory data reset will work, no need to flash or root. keep in mind this will wipe your internal storage and you will need to download and reinstall all of your applications

Factory reset alone won't do it. What you have to do is root again with CF Autoroot, which will flash stock recovery, then run triangle away, do a permanent unroot with paid version (I think) of Super SU. There is an option in Triangle Away somewhere to skip recovery so stock cannot be written back to it by mistake - make sure that option is not chosen. Then you can do a factory reset and everything should be back to normal - flash counter 0 and "official".

If all else fails, you can run Triangle Away, then reboot directly into download mode and flash stock no root, but I have found that to be unnecessary.

Mike

Last edited:

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
you do know that you can be rooted and still have normal status and flash counter at 0 right? if you flash with mobile odin pro the flash counter does not increase so no need for triangle away. one time I removed the system app chat on , this gave me a system modified status . I factory reset and regained normal status. currently my phone is busyboxed ,rooted, greenified and using a lot of modules via exposed installer. flash counter is 0 and status is normal. as long as you have stock rom and stock recovery and stock kernel . i.t is usually easy to have a normal device status even while rooted

mhannigan

Jan 2, 2013
Providence
Not on my phone. Flash counter will stay at 1. Can only get official if I leave trackers on, and even then not all the time. Triangle Away works. It's just not keeping it that way for very long for me.

If I'm not mistaken, root changes the kernel ever so slightly, no?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
If you flash using mobile odin pro it should reset the flash counter and keep it at 0. If system is still modified then a factory reset should fix it. No need to use triangle away . Make sure to tick everoot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mhannigan

Jan 2, 2013
Providence
If you flash using mobile odin pro it should reset the flash counter and keep it at 0. If system is still modified then a factory reset should fix it. No need to use triangle away . Make sure to tick everoot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You still need Triangle away once it has been triggered.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I'm stumped. If you ever find out what is doing this, please share.