Touchscreen unresponsive after flashing the wrong rom

Search This thread
Apr 19, 2017
I wanted to flash the new hyper rom v11 gt-i9305 so i got all excited and foolishly flashed the note 2 rom. I also have a note 2 so i downloaded it for both the phones and flashed the note 2 on the s3. Now the touchscreen wont respond and its annoying as I literally just got out of a bootloop today. I did backup my phone but it didn't seem to save as Twrp doesn't recognise it. I tried flashing the stock rom and wiping cache and davlik cache and then rebooting but that didn't work. I tried going back to RR but that didn't work either. (I flashed these roms but using odin to get phliz touch and using the keys to navigate). I think it isn't a hardware problem and I hope not. Do you have any ideas on your mind? Happy to try it out. I need to save my jewel of a phone as this has been with me for ages and I need it to last longer. (I prefer over the note 2 as a daily driver).

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
I am sorry to confirm, that your touch is broken now. By flashing a rom for t0lte, will say especially the kernel, is burning and so destroying the touch screen of the i9305. I had this also, when I accidentally compiled the kernel with the wrong defconfig.

Apr 19, 2017
I am sorry to confirm, that your touch is broken now. By flashing a rom for t0lte, will say especially the kernel, is burning and so destroying the touch screen of the i9305. I had this also, when I accidentally compiled the kernel with the wrong defconfig.

Well is there a fix? Replacing the components or hardware e.g. motherboard or lcd cable?

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Yes sure, you can replace the touch display unit. But whether this is worth for the/your good old i9305? Depends on the price, sure and often you can get some used spare parts or cheap used and complete mobiles.

Apr 19, 2017
Yes sure, you can replace the touch display unit. But whether this is worth for the/your good old i9305? Depends on the price, sure and often you can get some used spare parts or cheap used and complete mobiles.

Dang. Really? I just looked at the prices and I can't find any digitizer listed under $70. Is there any workaround? I'm sure your telling me the truth about how there's no fix but is there a cheaper way out of this?:confused::(

UPDATE: I found a cheap digitizer for the s3 but it doesn't say if its also for the 4G version. So would the i9300 digitizer work on the i9305? I'm not talking about the whole lcd, just the digitizer and the glass lens.

Last edited: