[Q] New User! Where should I start?

Search This thread

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
Hi, i just got my Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) from Virgin Mobile today. I wanted to know where to start reading in this forum in order to not screw anything up on my phone. I am talking about things i need to be aware of when rooting or flashing roms so i don't brick my phone. Thanks guys!

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
You should definitely start here: Backup IMEI and also back up your EFS ! Theres plenty of guides around here, so help yourself ;)

you should ALWAYS start from there with any android phone(not that, but something like that). i started from there...now i see posts on forum about guys that have problems with IMEI or phone won't boot cause EFS partition is damage(or something)...

after that just READ CAREFULLY when doing something...read the tutorial until you fully understand it... and have patience...don't hurry things.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
you should ALWAYS start from there with any android phone(not that, but something like that). i started from there...now i see posts on forum about guys that have problems with IMEI or phone won't boot cause EFS partition is damage(or something)...

after that just READ CAREFULLY when doing something...read the tutorial until you fully understand it... and have patience...don't hurry things.

EFS / IMEI losts are uncommon on brands other than Samsung. But i agree, BACKUP EVS AND NV.

Second, if you're not on 4.3 official, DO NOT UPDATE TO IT via official methods. You'll get knoxxed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should definitely start here: Backup IMEI and also back up your EFS ! Theres plenty of guides around here, so help yourself ;)