Gallery does not show any photos on sd card

Search This thread

jason62391

Mar 14, 2010
Bronx
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey guys i have a slight problem last night i transfered a folder from my internal sdcard to my external sdcard but after it transfered my gallery would not show my camera pictures i factory reseted my phone. Cleared memory storage data and gallery data as well...any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

eytan123

Oct 28, 2010
hi jason

are you sure your SD is mounted and recignized?
try to pull it off, and re-insert it. afterwards reboot your device.

if it still isn't recognized try to read it with a card reader\another device and backup+format it.

jason62391

Mar 14, 2010
Bronx
OnePlus 7 Pro
All the photos in the sd show up perfectly its the internal sd that doesnt show pictures. Also it looks like the root directory has been changed to sdcard/storage/sdcard0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345154657133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345154657133.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 570

shardy

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry
Hey guys i have a slight problem last night i transfered a folder from my internal sdcard to my external sdcard but after it transfered my gallery would not show my camera pictures i factory reseted my phone. Cleared memory storage data and gallery data as well...any suggestions?

I have a similar problem. My external SD card is mounted and browsable using ES File Explorer and all my media files are visible and viewable from ES. However, none of the media files on the external card appear in the various apps (i.e. pictures not visible in gallery, mp3s in the music player etc.). What is even stranger is that once I set the stock camera to save new pictures to the external SD these pictures are visible in the gallery, however all other pictures present taken on my previous phone (HTC Desire) are still not visible, even when located in the same folder. The same pictures do show up if I transfer them to the internal SD card but I would rather not have them all stored there.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Sam

Reactions: roshangautam07

Runoo

Dec 2, 2010
I have a similar problem. My external SD card is mounted and browsable using ES File Explorer and all my media files are visible and viewable from ES. However, none of the media files on the external card appear in the various apps (i.e. pictures not visible in gallery, mp3s in the music player etc.). What is even stranger is that once I set the stock camera to save new pictures to the external SD these pictures are visible in the gallery, however all other pictures present taken on my previous phone (HTC Desire) are still not visible, even when located in the same folder. The same pictures do show up if I transfer them to the internal SD card but I would rather not have them all stored there.

Cheers,

Sam

I have the direct opposite problem, my internal doesn't show, whereas met ext-sd is visible in my apps. Need help too!

shardy

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry
I have resolved this on mine, I formatted the external sd card and copied everything back. I guess the S3 just didn't like reading a card formatted by the Desire, I'll know better next time!

cb_jimmy

Aug 14, 2007
This is because you're using third party file manager. Use the stock My File to move the files back and forth and it will show up in the gallery.

ozziede

Jul 21, 2006
I read somewhere that there was a bug in cwm manager latest version which put a .nomedia file in the root directory. There are fixes where you have to remove the .no media file and reinstall cwm.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app

ssnshrsth

Oct 11, 2012
This is because you're using third party file manager. Use the stock My File to move the files back and forth and it will show up in the gallery.

sd card does not show on my lg optimus p509, while it works on other phones and pcs. it shows sdcard umnounted or not inserted while i was sending a file through bluetooth before, and from then onwards...i have formatted it through pc also. i had rooted it with superclickone before. it is from t-mobile and i have unlocked it in my country. current software version lg-p509-v10l, android version 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9 lg-electronics@android3g-buildserver #1 sun oct 24 19:10:09 kst 2010, build number FRF91. thank you...

MahmoudMahfouz

Feb 6, 2018
My sd photos do not show in my Gallery

Dears,

All you need to do rather than resetting your phones is simply go to your application manager and clear the cache and anything for the Gallery as an application. And make sure that you also acquire the Gallery app with all the needed permissions to access your sd card. Then open your Gallery app, and there you go.

Enjoy!
Mahmoud Mahfouz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers,

Sam
    Search inside your photo folders. If you see a file named .nomedia delete it.