[Q] CM9 i9300 advice

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Permanente WiFi Fix

does someone find a permanent fiix of it ?

I have make a flashable zip that can solve your problem, you just need to flash it after you upgrade the rom. I have tested it only on the cm10.1 but it will work on every rom with init.d support.

Excuse me for my bad english
    Hello helpful people. I'd like to start by saying I've been rooting and playing with roms for a few years now (all HTCs) and although I've never posted a question before, all your generosity toward other folks with problems has always saved my bacon also. So thanks. However my girlfriend switched from HTC to a GS3 i9300 and have had... challenges... getting CM9 or CM10 nightlies to work 100%. All have been sorted now bar just one niggling problem. The Wifi.

When trying to connect to wifi it will see all APs, let you type in the password but will not finish connecting. The status says Saved but will not actually connect. Using stock or ARHD this is not a problem. Now my research got me to a stage where I can manually initialise the wifi by typing the following in to the terminal (or through adb):

echo murata > /data/.cid.info
    chown system /data/.cid.info
    chgrp wifi /data/.cid.info
    chmod 0660 /data/.cid.info

Restarting the wifi afterwards fixes the problem until the phone is rebooted. I don't really understand what this means or what it does and the fellow who posted this fix simply put that, with no explanation or followup.

Now I know everyone's feelings on doing the research before asking the collective and I feel I've now reached a dead end in my search. So all I'm asking is if someone can at least point me in the right direction of what to look into? Why this could be happening and where to go from here. Of course if someone does know about a permanent fix I'd be grateful to hear it!

Thanks in advance. Thanks for reading.
    Wifi is working !!!!

echo murata > /data/.cid.info
    chown system /data/.cid.info
    chgrp wifi /data/.cid.info
    chmod 0660 /data/.cid.info

Restarting the wifi afterwards fixes the problem until the phone is rebooted. "I don't really understand what this means or what it does and the fellow who posted this fix simply put that, with no explanation or followup."

Now I know everyone's feelings on doing the research before asking the collective and I feel I've now reached a dead end in my search. So all I'm asking is if someone can at least point me in the right direction of what to look into? Why this could be happening and where to go from here. Of course if someone does know about a permanent fix I'd be grateful to hear it!

Thanks in advance. Thanks for reading.

THANKS THANKS A LOT .. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS TO ME!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: I HAVE BEEN STUCK WITH WIFI NOT WORKING IN ANY ROMS DUE TO THIS ****ING PROBLEM AND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!! I WAS USING JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 SAMSUNG ROM UPTO NOW.. AS NO CUSTOM ROMS COULD CONNECT TO WIFI!!! THANKS A LOT.. I SEARCHED EVERYWHERE!! THIS POST IS NOT POPULAR!! LITERALLY DEAD HAVING A NEW S3 BUT UNABLE TO USE CUTOM ROMS!!!! THANKS!! IT WORKS!! CHEERS..
    why are you using CM9?
    I wouldn't use anything lower than 10.1 if you have an i9300 with sds effected internal memory. You should check your memory chip. Read my "important - sds are you affected" thread. Its stuck at the top of the s3 general section

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2