Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 stuck at logo with no recovery and no download mode

Search This thread

jimi007

Aug 17, 2013
Before I start I tried to be more careful but still if I posted it in wrong place mods please move the thread to the right group. Thanks

Background:
I was having CWM recovery with custom ROM "CyanogenMod" and recently I flashed "LineageOS" successfully but I noticed that phone internal storage is being occupied by previous ROM files and folders so I tried to delete everything to have a phone in clean condition with only "LineageOS" files. By mistake I format /boot, /system, /data, /cache and /sdcard and after that I reboot to system.

Weird Stage: (don't know if its soft brick or hard brick)
:( At this stage, my phone stuck at Samsung logo with no access to recovery mode and download mode. I tried
  1. Volume up + home + power = No recovery mode and just Samsung logo
  2. Volume down + home + power = No download mode and stuck at warning screen with a yellow triangle but pressing volume up is not entering to download mode

:(
Also, phone is not detected by Odin or ADB in PC with having correct Samsung USB drivers and also tried Kies but phone is not recognized by pc at all.

I tried some solutions like
- flashing debrick.img into SD card and try to boot with it but no success
- pulled off the battery for many hours and after putting it back have no success to access download mode
- Tried with different USB cables and different OS like Windows 8, 7 on different PC

Update:
I just found that Volume up button is not working and thats the whole reason wo Recovery and Download mode cannot opened. Unfortunately USB jig is not available in my area and I tried Samsung 300k tool but its not working due to mobile cant recognized by PC. I think at this time replacing the Speaker/volume flex is the only solution to access Recovery or Download mode. Can I do something directly from SD card to boot into recovery or download etc?

i67[.]tinypic[.]com/6fnui0.jpg
i66[.]tinypic[.]com/2lixvg1.jpg

Last edited:

jimi007

Aug 17, 2013
I finally replaced speaker/volume flex and now volume up/down both working. I am now able to enter in recovery & download mode.