FORUMS

Bricked S3 (E: failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument))

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By nabel_sweed, Member on 7th January 2013, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've backup efs for samsung gs3 i9305 by efs pro v1.2.6 and i tried restor efs , but after restar mobile it not work,stands on the logo samsung
when entering a Recovery This image shows

http://imageshack.us/f/809/photookc.jpg/

Is there a way to push efs file to mobile I've copied efs the way Root Explorer program and tried, but to no avail for the entry way to efs to the device

I tried with the pc suit for Andorad when entering recovry mode I see all files system for mobil, but when you try to push efs appears that not enough space

http://imageshack.us/f/688/95833739.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/547/42574038.png/

Any help or thought about push file efs to phone. to restore life for mobil and I do not know if there was frimware of three files Will addresses the issue.

thanks

sorry for bad english
7th January 2013, 07:36 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,099

More
Wrong section, post in the 9305 QA
The Following User Says Thank You to Glebun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Glebun Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 08:20 PM |#3  
Flag Det mørke Jylland
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebun

Hit Thanks if I deserve it >

U dont

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabel_sweed

I've backup efs for samsung gs3 i9305 by efs pro v1.2.6 and i tried restor efs , but after restar mobile it not work,stands on the logo samsung
when entering a Recovery This image shows

Is there a way to push efs file to mobile I've copied efs the way Root Explorer program and tried, but to no avail for the entry way to efs to the device

I tried with the pc suit for Andorad when entering recovry mode I see all files system for mobil, but when you try to push efs appears that not enough space

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any help or thought about push file efs to phone. to restore life for mobil and I do not know if there was frimware of three files Will addresses the issue.

thanks

sorry for bad english

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry :P but u in serious problems i had exact same problem and struggled in several days to sort it out
U efs dir is corrupted for sure - u should have made a fresh backup before starting any flashing
This is with no doubt the most complicated dir on our phone, and if u dont have a 100% working backup before starting messing around theres absolutely NO way to restore it - I was lucky i now a guy with a SPT box he hardcoded my modem bin file and imei, and then copy imei folder 1 file after another, then set permissions right with efspro - and then network/imei came back - but this way i cant ever change modem file again has to use the patched one (and it must be flashed through spt box not odin/heimdal it wont work then)
This means i ever cant flash a rom with aroma installer, because it forces u to choose another modem file

Sorry but without a spt patched modem u wont ever be able to use network again

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE !!!! MAKE A BACKUP OF EFS FOLDER WITH KTOOL AND KEEP IT A SAFE PLACE - JUST IN CASE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spoonymoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spoonymoon Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 08:48 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebun

Sorry to put the question on the location inappropriate please amendment of supervision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonymoon

Hit Thanks if I deserve it >

U dont

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry :P but u in serious problems i had exact same problem and struggled in several days to sort it out
U efs dir is corrupted for sure - u should have made a fresh backup before starting any flashing
This is with no doubt the most complicated dir on our phone, and if u dont have a 100% working backup before starting messing around theres absolutely NO way to restore it - I was lucky i now a guy with a SPT box he hardcoded my modem bin file and imei, and then copy imei folder 1 file after another, then set permissions right with efspro - and then network/imei came back - but this way i cant ever change modem file again has to use the patched one (and it must be flashed through spt box not odin/heimdal it wont work then)
This means i ever cant flash a rom with aroma installer, because it forces u to choose another modem file

Sorry but without a spt patched modem u wont ever be able to use network again

Thanks for the reply and assistance

So the solution you think with box spt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE !!!! MAKE A BACKUP OF EFS FOLDER WITH KTOOL AND KEEP IT A SAFE PLACE - JUST IN CASE

7th January 2013, 08:57 PM |#5  
Flag Det mørke Jylland
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Have a look here >http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896470
Best thing u can do is follow this guide, and send for repair saying it happend during kies update they wont/cant charge u then

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846451

And yes spt box did the trick, but they are hard to get around, and sertenly not easy to use

One more thing if youre to play around with a spt DONT use windows 8 it has a lot of new low level security crap build in that makes spt box fail !! use 7
The Following User Says Thank You to spoonymoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spoonymoon Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 11:30 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonymoon

Have a look here >http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896470
Best thing u can do is follow this guide, and send for repair saying it happend during kies update they wont/cant charge u then

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846451

And yes spt box did the trick, but they are hard to get around, and sertenly not easy to use

One more thing if youre to play around with a spt DONT use windows 8 it has a lot of new low level security crap build in that makes spt box fail !! use 7

Thank you very much I follow the instructions
i used the following commands to do so manually in terminal

Code:
mke2fs / dev/block/mmcblk0p3
mount-w-t ext4 / dev/block/mmcblk0p3 / efs

Then restart the Mobile and it work normal and i copy efs with program Root exploer and returned everything in its natural form
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nabel_sweed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nabel_sweed Ad-Free
12th January 2013, 12:48 PM |#7  
Flag khartoum
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
hi help please my phone GS3 i9300 international ver
when im trying to re mount efs with code in cmd manually my phone path not shown in device on my computer and when start it stuck on Samsung logo but i can enter recovery mode and download mode when i enter recovery mode error msg (E:\failed to mount efs (invalid argument)) i flash this roms I9300XXELL5_I9300OJVELL2_KSA nothing change.
advice plz
12th January 2013, 03:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
bricked s3
i bricked my s3 (hard brick, not soft as you are reporting), i sent mine off to mobiletechvideos.com and got it back within a week. HIGHLY recommended. don't know if you can fix your soft brick or not, but you may need JTAG repair like i did. i didn't have the hardware to perform the JTAG myself, but i had the software. needless to say, it was cheaper to send it off to be fixed than to report it to my insurance or to buy the hardware. hope this helps!
1st February 2013, 04:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabel_sweed

Thank you very much I follow the instructions
i used the following commands to do so manually in terminal

Code:
mount-w-t ext4 / dev/block/mmcblk0p3 / efs

Then restart the Mobile and it work normal and i copy efs with program Root exploer and returned everything in its natural form

Hello, I've got the same problem here.

I managed to ODIN flash a stock I9300XXDLJ4_I9300PHEDLI1_PHE ROM with CWM root.

It keeps giving me this 'E: failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)' error.

then I got in with ADB SHELL and executed:

sh: mke2fs: not found

I investigated a bit and found out that it's a busybox command, so as I only can ADB do things, (doesn't boot), i pushed the busybox_android binary to my S3 and now when I execute the mke2fs command through:
./busybox_android mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

I get
./busybox_android mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
Segmentation fault

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
1st February 2013, 06:03 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6,100

More
Flash a stock rom via Odin .

jje
1st February 2013, 08:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Flash a stock rom via Odin .

jje

I already did that but phone won't boot up. Is there any special recommendation/procedure to fix this?

I flashed a stock I9300XXDLJ4_I9300PHEDLI1_PHE ROM with CWM root.

In the Galaxy Note N7000 we had 'full wipe stock ROMs', I wonder if there is anything similar in the S3...

Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)