FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Clarification on Firmware Details

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By arjunpaliath, Senior Member on 28th August 2012, 01:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I need to know what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC in the *1234# menu? Is there a thread which explains this?
I am new to Android rooting flashing etc, but was a symbian developer. Is the codes similar to to product codes in Nokia for firmwares versions?

And if I do flash a firmware with a diff CSC code or AP (I dont know which is different) will it work. And also will I be able to go back to my original?
This is my screenshot of my phone's code, I am from Chennai, India.

17th November 2012, 01:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Smile Phone Codes Clarification
Hi. Would love to know this as well please. Timely question
17th November 2012, 10:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5,976

More
All in the stickies .

jje

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
28th April 2013, 08:31 PM |#4  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Answer
I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad .
So, here is the Answer to your First Question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunpaliath

I need to know what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC in the *1234# menu? Is there a thread which explains this?

AP, CP, CSC correspond with PDA, PHONE and CSC respectively.
Once again:
AP = PDA
CP = PHONE or MODEM
CSC = CSC

Quote:

Is the codes similar to to product codes in Nokia for firmwares versions?

Kind of but not totally. Combination of AP, CP and CSC are much more complex than that of Nokia firmware versions.

Quote:

if I do flash a firmware with a diff CSC code or AP (I dont know which is different) will it work. And also will I be able to go back to my original?

If you do flash a firmware with a different CSC code or AP then your Phone might not work properly ie. you may have problems in recieving Mobile Network, Wifi, Radio, etc. Worst case is that you may Brick your phone (though this is very unlikely)
Lastly, Yes you will be able to go back to your original firmware by flashing the original/stock firmware for your phone using Odin 3 provided your phone is not bricked.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khurram.khu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khurram.khu Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 08:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5,976

More
[QUOTE=khurram.khu;40819174]I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad

As i said its in the stickys basic faqs and guides .

PDA refers to the build version of the software/firmware

Phone refers to the baseband/modem version

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

jje
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JJEgan Ad-Free
28th April 2013, 09:00 PM |#6  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Smile
[QUOTE=JJEgan;40819926]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram.khu

I know this thread is very old but i am still replying because sometimes when you search on GOOGLE for these kind of answers and you end up here with just the Question but NO Answer then it feels bad

As i said its in the stickys basic faqs and guides .

PDA refers to the build version of the software/firmware

Phone refers to the baseband/modem version

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

jje

Yes, I know about the stickies. But it wont harm anybody if the info if posted here again. Besides I was replying to the question about "what the Phone PDA and CSC mean/is it same as AP CP and CSC ".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khurram.khu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khurram.khu Ad-Free
24th January 2015, 02:02 PM |#7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

All in the stickies .

What are the 'stickies?'
Quote:

Yes, I know about the stickies.

I don't!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kyedmipy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyedmipy Ad-Free
24th January 2015, 02:26 PM |#8  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyedmipy

What are the 'stickies?'

I don't!!!

Bookmark this >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...hread-t2344125 <<
1st May 2016, 02:32 PM |#9  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 5