FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] CM9 i9300 advice

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By danfedida, Junior Member on 21st September 2012, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello helpful people. I'd like to start by saying I've been rooting and playing with roms for a few years now (all HTCs) and although I've never posted a question before, all your generosity toward other folks with problems has always saved my bacon also. So thanks. However my girlfriend switched from HTC to a GS3 i9300 and have had... challenges... getting CM9 or CM10 nightlies to work 100%. All have been sorted now bar just one niggling problem. The Wifi.

When trying to connect to wifi it will see all APs, let you type in the password but will not finish connecting. The status says Saved but will not actually connect. Using stock or ARHD this is not a problem. Now my research got me to a stage where I can manually initialise the wifi by typing the following in to the terminal (or through adb):

echo murata > /data/.cid.info
chown system /data/.cid.info
chgrp wifi /data/.cid.info
chmod 0660 /data/.cid.info

Restarting the wifi afterwards fixes the problem until the phone is rebooted. I don't really understand what this means or what it does and the fellow who posted this fix simply put that, with no explanation or followup.

Now I know everyone's feelings on doing the research before asking the collective and I feel I've now reached a dead end in my search. So all I'm asking is if someone can at least point me in the right direction of what to look into? Why this could be happening and where to go from here. Of course if someone does know about a permanent fix I'd be grateful to hear it!

Thanks in advance. Thanks for reading.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danfedida For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danfedida Ad-Free

5th October 2012, 08:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfedida

GREAT FIX!

I had the same wifi problem, but I actually didn't have the /data/.cid.info file at all.
now I can easily create it, and connect to any wireless network...!
5th October 2012, 04:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochen

GREAT FIX!

I had the same wifi problem, but I actually didn't have the /data/.cid.info file at all.
now I can easily create it, and connect to any wireless network...!

That's great! I'm curious to know - do you lose the ability again when you reboot the phone? Every time I reboot I have to re-enter those commands.
12th October 2012, 01:45 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

That's great! I'm curious to know - do you lose the ability again when you reboot the phone? Every time I reboot I have to re-enter those commands.

yep, every time I reboot I need to create that file.
but since I'm hardly ever rebooting my device, it doesn't really bother me...
30th November 2012, 03:14 AM |#5  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:

didnt work for me... i put in the codes, but im still getting the same wifi issues.
2nd December 2012, 10:44 PM |#6  

More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabharwal

didnt work for me... i put in the codes, but im still getting the same wifi issues.

same problem here! i dont have any .cid.info and when i try to put the commands in the terminal i get "permission denied" after the first command..

anyone got an idea? i tried reflashing cm 9.1 and i tried a full wipe and nothing worked..
2nd December 2012, 11:00 PM |#7  

More
Smile
Hi guys would just like to ask my friend just bought a second hand GTi9300 today wanted to root it but keep sayin error get pit mapping is thier a way around this Please
22nd December 2012, 04:10 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.omar

same problem here! i dont have any .cid.info and when i try to put the commands in the terminal i get "permission denied" after the first command..

anyone got an idea? i tried reflashing cm 9.1 and i tried a full wipe and nothing worked..

u need to become root.
try this as the first command:
Code:
su -
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD748

Hi guys would just like to ask my friend just bought a second hand GTi9300 today wanted to root it but keep sayin error get pit mapping is thier a way around this Please

this has nothing to do with this thread!
13th January 2013, 02:40 AM |#9  

More
does someone find a permanent fiix of it ?
7th April 2013, 05:49 PM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cordoba, Argentina
Thanks Meter: 4,264

Donate to Me
More
what does "murata" means? why is this file for? Having the same issue trying to port cm10 to i9070
13th May 2013, 05:54 PM |#11  

More
The fix works for me!
How to I make it permanent?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)