FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Q] com.android.keyguard problem

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By TBoneSausage, Junior Member on 12th April 2014, 07:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After flashing a new version of CM11, i found myself in a loop upon startup where many of the core applications of android stopped working. When i reverted back to the old version that worked(I didn't have a backup saved but rather i flashed the older nightly of the rom again), I noticed that my home button, lock screen, and notification bar/toggle screen wasn't working any more. I looked into it and looked at my apps, and saw an unnamed app with the description "com.android.keyguard". upon looking this process up, i found out that when people disabled this process their home button, lock screen, and notification bar stopped working (coincidental eh?), and decided that this was the source of the problem.

Is there any way to load on a new, fresh version of "com.android.keyguard" or should i just do a factory reset? I would prefer to save my local data, but if i must do it in order to have a phone that does anything useful, i obviously will.

If I need to do a factory reset, what is the cleanest and smartest method of doing so? I know titanium backup can cause a lot of problems (and in this case i'm worried it will duplicate com.android.keyguard), but I assume there is some sort of method that makes a factory reset while retaining the bulk of user data very easy. am i correct?

12th April 2014, 07:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 829

More
Do a full wipe and flash again, check the md5 of your download.

Only use titanium for use apps, never system apps or settings. There is no easier way to change rom.
11th June 2017, 12:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same problem now..I have did the full reset.But the problem is not going at all.
What should I do?
13th June 2017, 04:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahid4

I have the same problem now..I have did the full reset.But the problem is not going at all.
What should I do?

Flash back to stock and start over.

Beamed in by telepathy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)