Fast and stable ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

krneki10

Oct 6, 2011
I know that such threads aren't welcomed, but friend of mine just brought me stock S III (i9300) whining that it's so slow. Since I've never flashed i9300 yet, I have absolutely no idea which ROM and kernel should I pick. Idea is to get maximum performance and stability as possible. Could you please help me with recommendation?

Hopefully mods will tolerate this thread, please consider it just as discussion to get few ideas which ROM to try for a newbie, not X versus Y.

Thanks ;)

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
I tried many ROMs and for me, the best is NxTGen ROM 13.0. Not 13.1, i had some wifi issues with 13.1. The best on NxTGen 13.0 for me is, that there is really much free RAM compared to others. There is very good battery and speed is great too, but it depends on kernel settings (clocking, governors...). I reccomend you use it with latest RC1 boeffla kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: krneki10

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
It isn't that this type of thread isn't welcome but against the posting rules, as they can lead to a flaming war. Try them all, don't share your conclusions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

krneki10

Oct 6, 2011
It isn't that this type of thread isn't welcome but against the posting rules, as they can lead to a flaming war. Try them all, don't share your conclusions.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I know, I would try at least few of them out if it was my phone and I had time for testing. But unfortunately that's not the case here, so I just hoped for some friendly ideas which option is good to go. I really don't want to disappoint him...

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mod Edit

Sorry...

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.
This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion,and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.

Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

malybru
Forum Moderato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried many ROMs and for me, the best is NxTGen ROM 13.0. Not 13.1, i had some wifi issues with 13.1. The best on NxTGen 13.0 for me is, that there is really much free RAM compared to others. There is very good battery and speed is great too, but it depends on kernel settings (clocking, governors...). I reccomend you use it with latest RC1 boeffla kernel.