FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Galaxy S3 charging problem?

142 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

Post Reply Email Thread
So i bought my SGS3 (marble white) a few days ago and it was working perfectly fine. A few days ago my phone suddenly stopped charging. I rebooted the phone and it was charging again. Last night it again stopped charging. I again rebooted but this time it did not fix the problem.
I know that the charging port of the phone is not damaged as phone works perfectly fine when connected to a pc via usb cable and charges.
And i have never ever plugged in a non-genuine accessory to its micro usb port. Not even a dock!

Anyone with a similar problem or cure?

edit: software update fixed it in my case.

23rd June 2012, 02:19 PM |#2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 58

More
SGS Charging Issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan999

So i bought my SGS3 (marble white) a few days ago and it was working perfectly fine. A few days ago my phone suddenly stopped charging. I rebooted the phone and it was charging again. Last night it again stopped charging. I again rebooted but this time it did not fix the problem.
I know that the charging port of the phone is not damaged as phone works perfectly fine when connected to a pc via usb cable and charges.
And i have never ever plugged in a non-genuine accessory to its micro usb port. Not even a dock!

Anyone with a similar problem or cure?

I will not say I have a cure, but I am facing the same problem, sometimes I have to reboot twice for it to start charging.

Guru's kindly look into the issue and help us, this happens in both the cases, while charging for adapter or while charging from USB.
23rd June 2012, 03:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roorkee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamms

I will not say I have a cure, but I am facing the same problem, sometimes I have to reboot twice for it to start charging.

Guru's kindly look into the issue and help us, this happens in both the cases, while charging for adapter or while charging from USB.

Well not exactly, it does not happen when i plug the phone into a usb port.
It happens with the charger but, now my phone is not just recognizing the charger. I have rebooted twice, thrice but still the same problem.
24th June 2012, 02:31 AM |#4  
Flag Huddersfield UK
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I'm having a similar problem,

Charging when -
phone on
power save on - WIFI/data and most other things are off
charges 2% per hr with official charger (wall socket)

Charging when -
phone OFF!
40% per hr with official charger (wall socket)

Haven't really tried the PC USB charging yet,

But i have noticed that my battery info page says the phones been on battery for
2 days 22hrs, Very strange as i have charged and attempted to charge the phone more than 10 times in the past 24hrs.

Anyone also noticed the on battery time to be wrong?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deblow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deblow Ad-Free
24th June 2012, 05:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
i got this problem yesterday too , restart then its ok , weird ...

before reboot the battery icon shows charging icon but its not charging at all

does charging a battery run a software too ?
24th June 2012, 06:03 AM |#6  
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 2

More
why you guys not reporting the issue in samsung mobile showroom from where you bought the mobile and take a use of your warranty card?

i bought the mobile from UAE...NO charging Problem at the moment
24th June 2012, 06:27 AM |#7  
Flag Hyderabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=SagaR=-

why you guys not reporting the issue in samsung mobile showroom from where you bought the mobile and take a use of your warranty card?

My mobile is no more in warranty as I have rooted my phone, will have to come back to stock rom for me to claim warranty, that's why I am waiting for someone to provide solution before I return back to stock rom for warranty claim.
24th June 2012, 07:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sounds like it's an issue with the charger, rather than the phone.
24th June 2012, 10:09 AM |#9  
Flag Hyderabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumme

No, I tried with usb and wall mount, issue persisted till i restarted the phone.
24th June 2012, 11:45 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roorkee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumme

No my charger works perfect with my other phones..
24th June 2012, 12:30 PM |#11  
Flag Huddersfield UK
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=SagaR=-

I thought it was best to ask here before i contact orange to report the problem, as i really didn't want to send the phone back to them if its something i could have fixed

I'm doing a factory reset and if it still has charging problems i will call orange today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3 charging problem, gt-i9300 charging issue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)