FORUMS

[Q] Galaxy S3 not being recognized in odin in download mode!!!!

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sohaib770, Junior Member on 22nd October 2012, 06:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all
I have a Galaxy S3 i9300... Today I got the OTA for 4.1.1 Jellybean I updated and now I lost my root!!! (still have SuperSU app but doesnt work or gets uninstalled)
Now I am trying to root it again but Odin3 v1.85 wont recognize my Phone in download mode!! Recognizes it when phone is on but not when its off!! Downloaded latest Kies and had it closed from task manager and all its related apps off too but Still odin wont recognize it in download mode!! been tryin since i did the Darn UPDATE! PLZ HELP :S
22nd October 2012, 07:10 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,068
 
More
[QUOTE=sohaib770;33128899]Hey all
I have a Galaxy S3 i9300... Today I got the OTA for 4.1.1 Jellybean I updated and now I lost my root!!!

>>>>>Of course you lost root .


(still have SuperSU app but doesnt work or gets uninstalled)

>>>> Root the phone again .


Now I am trying to root it again but Odin3 v1.85 wont recognize my Phone in download mode!! Recognizes it when phone is on but not when its off!!


>>> Phone is supposed to be on and in download mode not off to use Odin .




Possible failed OTA update as per multiple posts due to root not removed .

Leading to USB on phone not recognized try a factory reset first .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JJEgan Ad-Free
22nd October 2012, 07:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[QUOTE=JJEgan;33129394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohaib770

Hey all
I have a Galaxy S3 i9300... Today I got the OTA for 4.1.1 Jellybean I updated and now I lost my root!!!

>>>>>Of course you lost root .


(still have SuperSU app but doesnt work or gets uninstalled)

>>>> Root the phone again .


Now I am trying to root it again but Odin3 v1.85 wont recognize my Phone in download mode!! Recognizes it when phone is on but not when its off!!


>>> Phone is supposed to be on and in download mode not off to use Odin .




Possible failed OTA update as per multiple posts due to root not removed .

Leading to USB on phone not recognized try a factory reset first .

jje

Thanks for the reply
Sorry it was on and in download mode didnt get recognized :S and tried factory reset too!!! still no luck
22nd October 2012, 07:40 PM |#4  
zoot1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,485
 
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=sohaib770;33129513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Thanks for the reply
Sorry it was on and in download mode didnt get recognized :S and tried factory reset too!!! still no luck

Try Odin 3.04

sent from here, there, somewhere!!
22nd October 2012, 07:41 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
reinstall drivers, try a different usb port. if using a desktop, use the ports on the back of the PC

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to tian105 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tian105 Ad-Free
22nd October 2012, 07:42 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[QUOTE=sohaib770;33129513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Thanks for the reply
Sorry it was on and in download mode didnt get recognized :S and tried factory reset too!!! still no luck

Plz Respond someone....
22nd October 2012, 09:40 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
THAnks!!!!!!!!!!! Shifting usb to back of computer worked!!! U SAVIOURS THANKS A LOTT!!!!
31st December 2012, 11:34 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Galaxy S3 not being recognized in odin in download mode
Could someone please assist.

My rooted Galaxy S3 phone (FW v4.1.2) is stuck at the Samsung startup screen after installing a font app from the app store

To resolve I have tried:
1. The recovery screen - doing a factory reset and reboot
2.. Reflash through ODIN.
I can get get the phone into download mode but ODIN will not recognize the phone in Download mode (Funny that phone is recognised by Odin at the stuck Samsung boot screen)
- I have unistalled and reinstalled KIES and USB drivers
- I am using the stock USB cable
- Tried different USB ports on computer
- Tried on different computers

The problem may be Windows driver related. Because phone gets stuck at the Samsung startup screen, all processes of driver installation do not conclude successful. "MTP USB Device" shows error in Windows Device manager, USB composite deivce.
Uninstalled and reinstalled these a couple of times without success.

Please assist
3rd April 2013, 02:17 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Kenosha
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Issues with usb on s3
Actually fixed my own Question....

My phone was in download mode and was not being recognized by my computer my windows 7 computer. I pressed the usb icon, where a box popped up saying that there was an unknown device. You could find this in device manager.

I then went to device manager to update the driver instead of pointing the device directly to the driver when i clicked browse my computer for software then it shows a location and option to let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer then a box pops up showing model above that there is a little check box uncheck that two boxes will appear with manufacturer and model

Scroll samsung electronics and model samsung mobile composite device that is what you want to update the driver to...

I pulled the battery then re-entered download mode and windows to over installing the rest now it works fine. I would attach images but it will not let me for some reason. if anyone can help with that I will do it later.

THIS COULD POSSIBLY help with devices not being found on computers in bootloader or just on rom loaded and running..
The Following User Says Thank You to Smokncars For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smokncars Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 03:26 PM |#10  
djseaneq's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, Derbyshire
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher1

Could someone please assist.

My rooted Galaxy S3 phone (FW v4.1.2) is stuck at the Samsung startup screen after installing a font app from the app store

To resolve I have tried:
1. The recovery screen - doing a factory reset and reboot
2.. Reflash through ODIN.
I can get get the phone into download mode but ODIN will not recognize the phone in Download mode (Funny that phone is recognised by Odin at the stuck Samsung boot screen)
- I have unistalled and reinstalled KIES and USB drivers
- I am using the stock USB cable
- Tried different USB ports on computer
- Tried on different computers

The problem may be Windows driver related. Because phone gets stuck at the Samsung startup screen, all processes of driver installation do not conclude successful. "MTP USB Device" shows error in Windows Device manager, USB composite deivce.
Uninstalled and reinstalled these a couple of times without success.

Please assist

have you got the necessary drivers also you need to stop all kies activities.
1st May 2014, 10:24 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
uable to see added message inn download mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by tian105

reinstall drivers, try a different usb port. if using a desktop, use the ports on the back of the PC

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

uable to see added message inn download mode!!!!!!!!!!


Please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes