gt-i9300 does not detect via odin

Search This thread

SLDarKprince

Feb 21, 2013
Horana
Guys I have already rooted my sgs3 and used many other roms. but few months earlier i put 4.3 stock rom to my device.
even now my phone is getting detected via odin(when it is turned on) and kies. But when i put it into the download mode phone isnt getting detected by odin. what i actually need to do it install custom recovery and root this device.
but now framaroot is not working and i have tried many other apks. please help me out

blint6

Nov 12, 2010
Guys I have already rooted my sgs3 and used many other roms. but few months earlier i put 4.3 stock rom to my device.
even now my phone is getting detected via odin(when it is turned on) and kies. But when i put it into the download mode phone isnt getting detected by odin. what i actually need to do it install custom recovery and root this device.
but now framaroot is not working and i have tried many other apks. please help me out

Aren't you just missing some drivers? Maybe try to reinstall them: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956

Also make sure to allow drivers to interact with your device if anything prompts while in Odin.

Reactions: SLDarKprince

SLDarKprince

Feb 21, 2013
Horana
1. yes i have already installed drivers and phone is detecting via KIES and ODIN when it is turned on.. it suddenly disconnect whenever i put into download mode.
2. yep usb debugging is activated...
3. Im using 4.3 stock rom.. arent there any other way to root this device without pc .. coz i checked lot of forums but none helped me..
4. my pc - windows 10. but i dont think that it will be a issue coz it's detected when it's turned on (means not using download mode).

Last edited:

xaiury

Dec 27, 2012
1. yes i have already installed drivers and phone is detecting via KIES and ODIN when it is turned on.. it suddenly disconnect whenever i put into download mode.
2. yep usb debugging is activated...
3. Im using 4.3 stock rom.. arent there any other way to root this device without pc .. coz i checked lot of forums but none helped me..
4. my pc - windows 10. but i dont think that it will be a issue coz it's detected when it's turned on (means not using download mode).

Bumping Up this thread since i have really same issue, as in literally the same. :(:(:(

Anyone can help me/us?

Downloading mode only..

I have tried 10000000000000000000000000000 tips tricks and almost everything in this and other websites.. but there is no solution for this:
I have GT-I9300 Pathetic galaxy SIII and since I tried flashing recovery to this it goes into download mode... and its been there ever since.. i have downloaded 32 different kind of drivers claiming Samsung drivers.., buying and trying 8 different USB Cables, formatted my laptop 3 time in order to get it detected by ODIN 3.04 to 3.12... or kies or Smart switch.. working on this piece of crap since 3 weeks day and night but getting nowhere,... If any one knows a way to get it fixed... EVEN IF IT NOT DETECTED BY ODIN OR KIES.
PLZ HELP....

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I have tried 10000000000000000000000000000 tips tricks and almost everything in this and other websites.. but there is no solution for this:
I have GT-I9300 Pathetic galaxy SIII and since I tried flashing recovery to this it goes into download mode... and its been there ever since.. i have downloaded 32 different kind of drivers claiming Samsung drivers.., buying and trying 8 different USB Cables, formatted my laptop 3 time in order to get it detected by ODIN 3.04 to 3.12... or kies or Smart switch.. working on this piece of crap since 3 weeks day and night but getting nowhere,... If any one knows a way to get it fixed... EVEN IF IT NOT DETECTED BY ODIN OR KIES.
PLZ HELP....
Relax.. I understand how frustrating it can be.

I need a detail explanation of what you did to get it into that state and what you've tried. A bullet point list will suffice. I just need to know so I can work out how buggered it is and where to go from here.

I need to know which PC operating system you're using, which variant of s3 you have including its region (this can be determined by the sticker in the battery compartment unless you already know.

There is a possibility it is your os not detecting the device because of drivers but if you've tried formatting and starting over then it shouldn't have any issues. The only other option is to manually edit the drivers ".cat" file with the s3's actual physical address before installing the drivers, but this is in extreme circumstances when the os is not "playing ball".

Also remove kies or at least stop all of its running processes when using odin.

My advice at this stage is to manually remove all drivers from the pc OS regarding the s3 and wait until we figure out where the s3 is at. I have a gdrive with some useful stuff that I know works on Windows XP flawlessly. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vTiHTBB629ZW5vQndpbjFnblk

One question though.. When you pull the battery out and reinsert it. Does the phone automatically boot to download mode, is it stuck there permanently or does it boot loop?.

Beamed in by telepathy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gr8mobiPro

I need a detail explanation of what you did to get it into that state and what you've tried. A bullet point list will suffice. I just need to know so I can work out how buggered it is and where to go from here.

I need to know which PC operating system you're using, which variant of s3 you have including its region (this can be determined by the sticker in the battery compartment unless you already know.

There is a possibility it is your os not detecting the device because of drivers but if you've tried formatting and starting over then it shouldn't have any issues. The only other option is to manually edit the drivers ".cat" file with the s3's actual physical address before installing the drivers, but this is in extreme circumstances when the os is not "playing ball".

My advice at this stage is to manually remove all drivers from the pc OS regarding the s3 and wait until we figure out where the s3 is at. I have a gdrive with some useful stuff that I know works on Windows XP flawlessly. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vTiHTBB629ZW5vQndpbjFnblk

One question though.. When you pull the battery out and reinsert it. Does the phone automatically boot to download mode, is it stuck there permanently or does it boot loop?.

Beamed in by telepathy.

1st of all I want to thank you bro for reply...
Now..
I am using Windows 10 64bit, using Samsung galaxy sIII GT-I9300 Indian single sim varient.
I rooted it using KingoRoot successfully but I found I wasn't able to get SuperSU and without that I was not able to use root fun properly so I tried to flash the same with flashFire.. it failed as it require SuperSU. So I tried installing TWRP recovery from playstore and it started flashing and after reboot, It stuck on the Downloading mode.. No matter how many buttons I tried pushing combined it stuck on downloading mode...
I tried almost all method on YouTube and websites but it still don't work. Worst thing .. I tried fixing the same by Kies as well as ODIN but .. I never detect my phone.. when i connect my phone after uninstalling and Or installing the samsung driver and Kies as well.. windows didn't recognise it.
I am about to give up n this and almost ready to smash the phone with wall hammer and throw it under my car tyres but I committed myself not to do that before 14th May.

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
The problem is most likely Windows 10 64bit. I'm quite sure the drivers don't agree with them.

You're going to have to find an older OS and try it. Either use a virtual machine or dual boot and load up a real OS like XP. Then we can begin the proper problem solving. I hate putting percentages on things but I'm 90% confident that windows 10 is an issue here, mainly for the fact it is 64bit and the drivers aren't made for that.

As for button combo's if they don't work while booting and it goes straight to download mode then there is a big problem and it could be bricked. You can try holding just the power button for about 15 seconds while in download mode and it "should" attempt to reboot. If not then as I said, big issue ahead.

No matter what you need to get it seen by odin so get yourself xp somehow and use the stuff on my gdrive. You need to get yourself a copy of the latest firmware for your phone, ready to flash via odin should you get it to see the phone.

Beamed in by telepathy.

Windows 10 to win7

The problem is most likely Windows 10 64bit. I'm quite sure the drivers don't agree with them.

You're going to have to find an older OS and try it. Either use a virtual machine or dual boot and load up a real OS like XP. Then we can begin the proper problem solving. I hate putting percentages on things but I'm 90% confident that windows 10 is an issue here, mainly for the fact it is 64bit and the drivers aren't made for that.

As for button combo's if they don't work while booting and it goes straight to download mode then there is a big problem and it could be bricked. You can try holding just the power button for about 15 seconds while in download mode and it "should" attempt to reboot. If not then as I said, big issue ahead.

No matter what you need to get it seen by odin so get yourself xp somehow and use the stuff on my gdrive. You need to get yourself a copy of the latest firmware for your phone, ready to flash via odin should you get it to see the phone.

Beamed in by telepathy.

I have moved to windows 10 to win7.. and tried all over again (in the process to downgrade the same i formatted by all drive.. thanks to my idiot brother)..
i tried all the same thing again but still no luck..
now trying windows XP 32 bit in virtual machine.
i will let you know..
and i am thinking to hand it over to samsung service center.. lets see what they can do?

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I have moved to windows 10 to win7.. and tried all over again (in the process to downgrade the same i formatted by all drive.. thanks to my idiot brother)..
i tried all the same thing again but still no luck..
now trying windows XP 32 bit in virtual machine.
i will let you know..
and i am thinking to hand it over to samsung service center.. lets see what they can do?
If you can afford to have them look at it then it's up to you but you will be billed for it as the s3 is out of warranty. They haven't made the s3 for about 3 years now.

Beamed in by telepathy.

If you can afford to have them look at it then it's up to you but you will be billed for it as the s3 is out of warranty. They haven't made the s3 for about 3 years now.

Beamed in by telepathy.

I know.. hopefully it will be done under my expectation.. or last thing I know to donate the same to hammer and trash bin :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Aren't you just missing some drivers? Maybe try to reinstall them: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956

Also make sure to allow drivers to interact with your device if anything prompts while in Odin.
    Android Debugging activated?
    PLZ HELP....

Beamed in by telepathy.