[Q] GTi9300 - Can't mount /cache/recovery

Search This thread

squalliram

Aug 5, 2010
Hello,

I had a GT-i9300 running custom ROM temasek V95. Today morning suddenly the display went off and I couldn't access my phone. On trying to restart the phone got stuck on the samsung screen and hasn't gone past it. I have clockworkMod recovery v.6.0.4.6 installed on my phone and when I open it it says the following:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

So, basically I can't do anything in the recovery. I have tried flashing with the SD card being out and in but has made no difference. I can get into download mode and have tried both Odin and heimdall but none of them work.

When I tried Odin and tried to flash stock ROM it just fails and says the following:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

When I tried Heimdall and tried to flash stock ROM, it says "failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence" every time and I never get a blue progress bar showing that it is transferring. I have tried almost everything but the fact that I can get into download mode suggests me that there's still hope.

Looking at all the help I could find online, I believe the problem is with the recovery and not the actual ROM. I have tried flashing a different recovery but that hasn't made any difference either :(

Can anyone suggest me a way out of this? This is really frustrating and I would like to know if the phone is definitely bricked or not :( Looking forward to your suggestions.

Please need HELP!

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Your emmc chip is either corrupt or broken. Try flashing the rescue firmware from general forum, including the pit.

If that doesn't work then you need a new motherboard.

squalliram

Aug 5, 2010
Rescue firmware flash did not work

Your emmc chip is either corrupt or broken. Try flashing the rescue firmware from general forum, including the pit.

Tried rescue firmware including PIT. Did not work. Same problem with NAND write fail. :( Looks like I have to bid goodbye to this phone now.

Reactions: hV0nC7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rescue firmware flash did not work

Tried rescue firmware including PIT. Did not work. Same problem with NAND write fail. :( Looks like I have to bid goodbye to this phone now.