Help with rooting my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300

Search This thread

VonStarkeGSD

Jul 8, 2011
Manchester
Hi all,

I use to own a htc sensation and now well purchased my new shiny S3. Read a couple of threads and do not want to risk bricking this as it only arrived this morning.

So the spec of my model is the following :

Model : GT19300
Android : 4.1.1
Base:19300xxdlid
kernel 3.0.31
build jroo3c

Just to confirm, some tut's said install kies on pc before rooting and connect the device at least once before running the root, others state please remove all samsung software from the pc. Which is correct ?

I also have seen this message : IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE THIS TOOLKIT TO ROOT OR FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY ON A SNAPDRAGON MODEL SGS3 AS THE INCLUDED IMAGES WILL NOT WORK ON IT

How can i tell which mine is ?

So would you people recommend the toolkit way or the other way, as i have been looking at the following thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

I'm not a complete newb as i had the sensation for 2 years and had that rooted so just some guidance please as this is a new device cheers ;)

anthropolyte

Apr 12, 2010
Bristol, UK
I personally used Chainfire's Odin method, which worked flawlessly. No need for Kies, just download Odin and use the .tar file he provides.

If your model number is GT-i9300, you will have the Exynos version of the phone, so you can ignore the warning about Snapdragon processors; that only applies to the LTE US version.

Read the following thread - it tells you everything you need to know.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695238

liquidribs

Jun 27, 2011
If i so happen to have installed cf-autoroot instead of cf-root.6.4,

is it safe for me to just do the same procedure for cf-root6.4? like overwriting?

VonStarkeGSD

Jul 8, 2011
Manchester
Cf is just straight forward and works, it's easy to do.

Thanks buddy ;) Root access has been granted. Is this triangle away compulsory or can i just leave it?

How would i go about flashing a custom Rom now? Stick the custom rom zip on sd card and just boot into cwm and boot from zip ?

p.s don't suppose you have a tut on returning to factory default and un rooting just incase i ever need to send it back ;)

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Thanks buddy ;) Root access has been granted. Is this triangle away compulsory or can i just leave it?

How would i go about flashing a custom Rom now? Stick the custom rom zip on sd card and just boot into cwm and boot from zip ?

p.s don't suppose you have a tut on returning to factory default and un rooting just incase i ever need to send it back ;)

Yes most custom roms installed that way .

Critical is to back up your EFS folder .

Faqs and Guides all here .
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927113

jje

Reactions: VonStarkeGSD

VonStarkeGSD

Jul 8, 2011
Manchester
have a slight problem, I noticed i had the stock cwm and wanted the touch version. I downloaded the recovery and renamed it recovery.img and then went and installed odin mobile pro after selecting recovery and internal or external it will not find the file recovery.img ? I then thought i would try to download the .tar.md5 file for CWM TOUCH RECOVERY 6.0.1.2, however upon opening odin on my pc and then trying to boot my device into download mode, it just shows the Samsung logo and refreshes. I have managed to boot the device back on since then.

Update I have tried and read about 20 odd posts and everywhere tell me to get the device into download mode, the device wouldn't,However after several attempts I managed to get odin to pick the img file and flash. Upon booting back up i am now stuck with a Samsung boot logo and feel its bricked? Please Help!!!

I can not even return the device under warranty as i was unable to run triangle away ;(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts