FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I9300 ads turning the screen black

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By akoli, Junior Member on 2nd September 2013, 01:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently updated my i9300 to paranoid android to 3.97 and I'm having two issues... First one is that apps that have border ads down the bottom.. Facebook.. Cheeseburger.. Astromanager etc if you take your finger Off the screen the screen turns black with only the ad showing..... The other issue is that the screen brightness can't decide if it's full of low. You press the power button the lock screen comes on Instantly dims.. Doesn't matter if light Meter is covered or light shining on it.. Disabled all power options.. Auto brightness is off... Tried lux app set all to 100% still dims.. When you run it after the screen dims it shows still being 100% touch the maximum and it comes back again.... Anyone have ideas. Googled ads but came up with nothing for black screen issue... Tried other solutions for the brightness issue still no luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

2nd September 2013, 03:36 PM |#2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akoli

I recently updated my i9300 to paranoid android to 3.97 and I'm having two issues... First one is that apps that have border ads down the bottom.. Facebook.. Cheeseburger.. Astromanager etc if you take your finger Off the screen the screen turns black with only the ad showing..... The other issue is that the screen brightness can't decide if it's full of low. You press the power button the lock screen comes on Instantly dims.. Doesn't matter if light Meter is covered or light shining on it.. Disabled all power options.. Auto brightness is off... Tried lux app set all to 100% still dims.. When you run it after the screen dims it shows still being 100% touch the maximum and it comes back again.... Anyone have ideas. Googled ads but came up with nothing for black screen issue... Tried other solutions for the brightness issue still no luck.

Go to PA Q&A thread next time: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1887819

Due to lack of graphic driver on 4.3, the black screen thing could appear. There are two+ solutions:

1. follow this step by dontwannabehere
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwannabehere

The fix is the following:

On your build prop file
There should be a line that says something like this " hwui.render dirty regions = false "
Just add the word debug at the beginning of the line "debug.hwui. render..... "

Sent from my Paranoid GT-I9300

2. Install PA 3.99 Unofficial build.
Download @ G+ Paranoid Android i9300 unofficial Nightly builds
https://plus.google.com/communities/...52590341742680
The Following User Says Thank You to verifyfx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift verifyfx Ad-Free
2nd September 2013, 03:43 PM |#3  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 3,789

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akoli

for your first problem: the glitches should have been solved with newest cm sources. But look in your build.prop if you have the entry "hwui.render_dirty_regions=false" if yes then change it to "debug.hwui.render_dirty_regions=false" without the " " )

for the second problem I cannot help you, as I am not using paranoid. Look if there is an update or ask in the paranoid Q&A thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1887819 (you could also have asked there your questions )

EDIT: sorry. I am ALWAYS to slow in writing aaargh
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkened_Sky Ad-Free
3rd September 2013, 01:38 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Appreciate the quick response... I tried the build.prop editing and this is where it got interesting... I cant edit it ... I've tweaked in the past with ES file explorer or root explorer but on this occasion the apps wont allow it ...does not allow the changes to be saved.... checked the root and thats fine, busybox is installed and working fine... my workaround was to tweak build.prop of the 3.97 rom of PA and apply it it from recovery.... this seems to have fixed the black screen in apps... so thanks for that.

I also just grabbed the 3.99 nightly of PA and build.prop already has the change applied, applying now.... result seems the brightness quirk is still there ... I tried the android sensor app and the lux settings seem to be correct so the light sensor is performing as expected the brightness is just not doing what its told... even if I set it to automatice brightness change the sensitivity and apply 100% to all different lux settings it just ignores it and dims the screen regardless... !!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)