FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I have insane chip! Please help me!!

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

Post Reply Email Thread
I just checked my phone using "eMMC Brickbug Check" by "Vinagre" (available on Google Play Store) and it turns out that I have an insane chip.

Screenshot attached.

I know that Android 4.1.2 is supposed to fix this issue as it somehow prevents from phone to go into "Sudden Death" but still that doesn't change the fact that the chip in my phone is faulty. Plus people with Android 4.1.2 XXELLA still are experiencing brick bug!! There are tons of posts all over the internet to prove that. I have just 2 months of warranty left and sure my phone is working fine now, but there is no guarantee that it will continue to do so even after the warranty is over. What happens if my phone dies after it's out of warranty? I'll be screwed, right? What do you guys think I should do? Would Samsung Care acknowledge the result from an app & change my chip or offer me a replacement?

Please help me ASAP. I'll be very very grateful to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-22 23.00.44.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1902933  

22nd April 2013, 08:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 829

More
No, they won't fix it as there is nothing wrong - yet.
22nd April 2013, 08:04 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 1,098

More
absolutely nothing you can do
22nd April 2013, 09:11 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
:'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

No, they won't fix it as there is nothing wrong - yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebun

absolutely nothing you can do

Thank you for your prompt replies. I guess I'm just a sitting duck now. :'(
22nd April 2013, 09:25 PM |#5  
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_goyal93

Thank you

there's a button for that
22nd April 2013, 09:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,610

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_goyal93

I just checked my phone using "eMMC Brickbug Check" by "Vinagre" (available on Google Play Store) and it turns out that I have an insane chip.

Screenshot attached.

I know that Android 4.1.2 is supposed to fix this issue as it somehow prevents from phone to go into "Sudden Death" but still that doesn't change the fact that the chip in my phone is faulty. Plus people with Android 4.1.2 XXELLA still are experiencing brick bug!! There are tons of posts all over the internet to prove that. I have just 2 months of warranty left and sure my phone is working fine now, but there is no guarantee that it will continue to do so even after the warranty is over. What happens if my phone dies after it's out of warranty? I'll be screwed, right? What do you guys think I should do? Would Samsung Care acknowledge the result from an app & change my chip or offer me a replacement?

Please help me ASAP. I'll be very very grateful to you.

The fix for the SDS is not in the Firmware but inside the Kernel. So you could use the newest Firmware but if your Kernel is not SDS Fixed then you still can have the SDS easily. I`ve seen a lot of cases where people used a firmware that they thought is safe but if you ask them what kernel they used you often get a reply that they used some outdated kernel like Siyah 1.8.6 which has not the Samsung fix for the SD included.

I don`t know of any solid case where a Sudden Death occurred where people were using a fixed Kernel.
Also sometimes you have cases where people first experienced the Sudden Death Syndroms like a lot of freezing or sudden reboots and then they decide to come to XDA and afterwards they flash a fixed kernel in hope that this will fix the problem(s) but then it`s often already to late. If you already have the symptoms chances are good that your phone will die anyway.

However if you know a case where the user had no symptoms at all and were using a fixed Kernel then please post a link to it because such a case is of big importance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarface1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scarface1991 Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 10:36 PM |#7  
Flag Kyiv

More
firmware includes the kernel
22nd April 2013, 10:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,610

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebun

firmware includes the kernel

Yes, but many people flash custom Kernels after they flash a Sammy Firmware.
22nd April 2013, 11:15 PM |#9  
Flag Krasnoyarsk
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991

Yes, but many people flash custom Kernels after they flash a Sammy Firmware.

Well, it is true that many peoples are removing their car security and safety devices.
so what? There are two alternatives:
1. They know what they are doing and what, therefore they are considering the risk;
2. They are do not know what they are doing. In this case, bricking their phone is hard, but only way to learn.

The choice is yours, boys and girls.
22nd April 2013, 11:33 PM |#10  
Flag Peristeri
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I thing that you can buy warranty time but I am not completely sure about that.
23rd April 2013, 04:14 PM |#11  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 304

Donate to Me
More
first, that your phone has the faulty chip, does not imply that our phone is going certainly going to die, if that was true, there would be millions of dead devices around the world, and that is not the case, as many things of life, it is a matter of luck, if its going to happen it will, if not, it wont, many users reported the issue at 5 or 6 months of use, if you pass this time period, chances are at your favor, mine is 6 months old, at the 2nd month I became aware of the sudden death issue, and flashed a rom and kernel with the fix, now, I think m PHONE IS OUT OF TROUBLE, i HAVE 7 months left of warranty period, so, dont torture yourself, use your device, and think of the best
The Following User Says Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick bug, faulty chip, hard brick, insane chip, sudden death

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)