Replacement LCD/Digitizer NO GLASS

Search This thread

WellTrainedVC

Apr 25, 2012
Arvada, CO
My fellow XDA Members I have searched to the ends of the earth, at least the internet as I'm landlocked in Colorado, for a replacement LCD for the Galaxy S3. Just the LCD without the glass. If anybody out there knows where I can purchase just the LCD with Digitizer and NO GLASS I'd be forever grateful?

If you're wondering why I want just the LCD, it's a matter of simple economics. I'm not willing to pay anywhere from $105-$200 for an LCD with the glass attached when I know the LCD alone wholesale for around under $60. I'm also perfectly capable of attaching glass to said LCD without any trouble.

And for those of you that don't believe that you cannot remove the glass from the LCD, you are wrong. Just requires patience and consistent heat around 80°C. And yes, you can indeed destroy the LCD completely if you don't know what you're doing. Out of the 14 I've replaced, I've broken 1. Thinking it was a knock-off S3 though.

Thanks for your assistance fellow members.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dragon.klz

Jan 4, 2014
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I change glass on GS3, Really possible remove the glass from the LCD, you are right! But I never seen LCD without glass, only LCD with Glass or only just the glass :( I don't understand why.

Last edited:

WellTrainedVC

Apr 25, 2012
Arvada, CO
Just trying to get the lcd assembled cheaper is all. I have searched and searched, I've found the just LCD for the Galaxy S, S2, the Mega, and Note 1-3, but not for the S3 :( It is truly a cheaper alternative assembling the glass and LCD on your own.