Samsung Drivelink DEV needed ***BOUNTY REACHED!!!***

Search This thread

telis12

Sep 10, 2008
Im in UK, give me an hour and i should be able to post it. Im at work so give me a chance lol

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Ok, so i have downloaded it using the samsung apps on my phone but cant find the APK anywhere in my phone. Ive look in System/apps and also tried to find the samsungs apps folder. Help.

its in data/app

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
You could also use es file explorer with root
1-go to menu
2- select manager
3- select app manager
4- long press on desired app (drivelink)
5-select backup
6- app will be backed up in sdcard/backups/apps
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
I tried it o my xav-601bt...still getting the "USB device not recognized". Later I will go back to completely stock rooted and try again. I also tried the mhl adapter tip but I don't get any message, while it does charge my phone. Oh well, I just got off work I'm going to sleep. Hopefully someone can figure something out

djwilliams100

May 17, 2010
Portsmouth
I tried it o my xav-601bt...still getting the "USB device not recognized". Later I will go back to completely stock rooted and try again. I also tried the mhl adapter tip but I don't get any message, while it does charge my phone. Oh well, I just got off work I'm going to sleep. Hopefully someone can figure something out

Thats a shame. I dont get mine until 8th September. Hopefully someone will figure it out before then.

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008

I get the same thing with my completely stock Verizon S3 and XAV-601BT. I tried changing the phone USB connection setting from "connect as a camera" to "connect as a media device" with no change. The Drive Link app opens fine but when I select Mirrorlink from the head unit, it either says USB device not recognized or says reestablish USB connection. No change when I plug and unplug and exit and reopen Drive Link...

djwilliams100

May 17, 2010
Portsmouth

I get the same thing with my completely stock Verizon S3 and XAV-601BT. I tried changing the phone USB connection setting from "connect as a camera" to "connect as a media device" with no change. The Drive Link app opens fine but when I select Mirrorlink from the head unit, it either says USB device not recognized or says reestablish USB connection. No change when I plug and unplug and exit and reopen Drive Link...

Just thought, have you updated your XAV601 head units? Sony released an update about 5 days ago to update it to allow/recognise the S3!

Last edited:

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
I'm betting it has something to do with that tmserverapp not being built into the us version of the gs3. You guys with the i9300 might be ok. Either way the xav-601bt is a bad ass unit because I don't even have to take the phone out of my pocket and when I turn on my truck it starts streaming Pandora on its own or streams all your music.

djwilliams100

May 17, 2010
Portsmouth
I'm betting it has something to do with that tmserverapp not being built into the us version of the gs3. You guys with the i9300 might be ok. Either way the xav-601bt is a bad ass unit because I don't even have to take the phone out of my pocket and when I turn on my truck it starts streaming Pandora on its own or streams all your music.

Yeah I agree about that twserverapp. Mines on order but wont get it until 8th September.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Have you tried installed that tw serverapp?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

cja1972

Jun 14, 2010
I've installed it on my nexus and it works fine

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

dj_jesolo

Sep 20, 2007
I have but it won't install. It says "there is a problem parsing the package". I will try And install drivelink on my nexus 7 see if that works

Install on Nexus --> OK
Link with Alpine ICS-X8 (latest Firmware) --> fail (This Device is not compatible) :crying:

Last edited:

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008

That explanation makes sense. Also agree 100% about the bad ass part. Even without Mirrorlink, this head unit is great. I primarily bought it for Pandora as well and it does an incredible job for that. If I had that capability on all of my cars, I would not be paying for XM/Sirius.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 5/5/12
    Drivelink has been successfully modified and supports full mirroring!!

All donations are to be sent to the winning dev AuRoN89 via his PayPal address at:
    Sfdrago@libero.it

Also please include your confirmation number so that op maybe be updated and your name crossed from the list!!

For anyone that had a special request such as support for other phones/os, if your phone is still not supported by the modified apk it is your right to hold out on your donation until your request can be reached.

Modified app can be found here:
    http://www.colmoschinxtreme.com/android
    Which will also be updated with changelog, comp car units etc

Full screen mirrorlink is now supported in the latest Sony firmware. It is recommended to use this app "button savior" (no root required) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey
    To create virtual buttons much like a nexus device to make navigating possible while in full screen mode.

Thank you very much AuRoN89 as well as every other dev that took a stab at this project your hard work is very much appreciated!!!

Update: here is a link to the newest drivelink apk file. Please modify app so that full mirroring of phone is possible onto the indash display along with touch input from display panel.
    http://db.tt/yepFlXWB

Some contributors may not be participating in bounty as of this date as thread is kind of old. Full amount is not guaranteed. If bounty is claimed and found to be valid I will pm all contributors to request funds to be given to dev.

Stakeholders in this are:
    $20 djwilliams100 - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$20 Andre! - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$25 (£20) lodger GT-I9300 (Checkrom Ver 5.5, Siyah 1.6.3+) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 Evolmage ?

Paid---$20 Mharmon

Paid---$50 Pinzvidz (galaxy s3)

Paid---$100 Anivnm (galaxy s4)

Paid---$30 Olywa123 - GT-I9300 (Stock XXBLG8 ICS 4.0.4) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 cell128 - (SCH-I535 /cleanrom 6.2) - confirmation 2GR470456C6605348

Paid--- $30 laxity - (i9300/stock)- first release of DriveLink working with Alpine ICS-X8
    -----------------------------------
    Below for people that have requests that have not yet been met or have moved on since bounty thread was made

$20 mrjoshzombie (Model?) (CM10 Nightlies) - Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$30 shirazdindar - Galaxy S II Skyrocket (CM9)- Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$20 Texan_ranger - (i9100/ ?) AuRoN89 apk did not work on galaxy s2

$20 TheAngelus (HTC oneX) special circumstance: must work with other phones (HTC oneX)

$20 rossjevans - (HTC ONE X/CM10)

Total – $435 (~334.51 Euros)

Hello,
    I bought a new indash for my truck the Sony xav-601bt and it supports mirrorlink technology for gs3. Pretty much the unit becomes an extension of your phone all the way down to playing angry birds on it if you wanted to. However I cannot connect it and after searching and speaking to numerous Sony tech supports that had no freakin clue of what to do I found that Samsung neeeds to release the app for it to be compatible. If anyone has it or runs into it I would appreciate it if you posted it here. Its supposed to be released on 8/29 from a rumor I read. It goes by the name Samsung drive-link I believe. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I'm on it.

I've done some 6 or so hours of decrypting the code in this app and have managed some simple customization's but I have not yet found the piece that automatically switches back to the DriveLink app when you manage to get out of it into the android operating system. I'm thinking it could be part of the mirrorlink apk that comes preinstalled on the phone. I haven't had the chance to decompile it and look through it yet but I will try to do it tomorrow if someone can post a link to it or PM me, if not I'll just yank it off my phone. I own both a GS3 and the 601bt so I'd like to get this working as well. I'll try to keep you guys updated but my work on this will be limited to a few hours a day since my wife and I just had our first baby.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

FULL MIRRORING WORKING ON ALPINE ICS-X8

Video proof VERY SOON!

BIG THANKS TO DARIO WHICH SENT ME AN ALPINE ICS-X8!!!!!
    sooooo

anyone tried deodexing stock rom??

Ok I finally got this working the other day on a stock ROM without having to deodex. I used the following script to Odex the TMServerApp.apk to create a TMServerApp.odex for my stock ROM :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879128&highlight=denied

As there is a problem running some of the commands in the auto script I ran them manually until I found this link which was hidden in the original post :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31874711&postcount=57

It will require purchasing Chainfire's adbd Insecure v1.30 app as the standard Jelly Bean adbd doesn't allow most of the commands to be run in the Auto Odex script due to more security. Alternatively run the steps in the script manually like I did before I spotted the Chainfire modded adbd.

So now I have a fully odex'd version of the TMServerApp.apk installed and it now works with my Alpine ICS-X8 :)

I will be sending my donation shortly AuRoN89. Thanks for all your hard work on this.
    j0ep0 and I are going to collaborate and see if we can get this app tweaked the way we think it was intended to be run. I've setup a Github and plan on trying to convert the Smali files into a jar that can be compiled and easily changed. If anyone would like to contribute let be know in a PM. If you want a link the the github I'll post it up as well once we get the two files out there and are working.