Serialnumber is 0000000 after update

Search This thread

ciko31

Aug 10, 2012
istanbul
hi,

first: my english is not so god (german is better :cowboy: )

i have make a update via Kies, after the update is the serial number not included anymore (about device => status) and i dont get a signal from the mobile network, imei is ok...

i dont have a backup from the efs folder... i have flashed with some rom´s of some coutrycodes and with orginal rom´s but problem still exist...

GalaxyS3man

Aug 4, 2012
When do these people learn? Backup your phone before making any changes. Geez.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

zeek333

Sep 10, 2012

when you will learn not to judge others but answer a question...

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Ive got same prob. after reflash i lost my imei, signal and serial.
imei and signal has been restored but serial still is 0000000

I found that serial is in file /efs/FactoryApp/serial_no i changed this in file in hex uploaded, restarted and nothing :eek:

does any1 got any ideas where else to look for serial??

Reactions: moh.tataloo

ciko31

Aug 10, 2012
istanbul

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I found that serial is in file /efs/FactoryApp/serial_no i changed this in file in hex uploaded, restarted and nothing :eek:

Hi i have a backup but after reflashing comes the serian dont back

a mobile shop has flashing the orginal ROM with a SPT-box, the serial is still 0000000 but i can use the phone normally...

saywhatt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 17, 2012
Land of Ooo
It is unnecessary to send it back to the service center (i think).. my serial number was 0000 too.. all i did was flash back to stock and factory reset

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: mamizo

kofiaa

Aug 27, 2011
Accra
It is unnecessary to send it back to the service center (i think).. my serial number was 0000 too.. all i did was flash back to stock and factory reset

do you have solve your problem??? comes your serial back??

Have you tried doing what he said? Flashing stock then factory test? If so and the problem still exists then take all the advice given and go to the service center.

saywhatt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 17, 2012
Land of Ooo
Yes. It solved my problem but i dunno with the others.. this actually happened to me more than once:

a) flashed ParanoidAndroid and i lost my serial number
Solution: i flashed back to stock

b) flashed Android Revolution v11 and i lost my serial number
Solution: i flashed ARHDv11 again and did a full wipe.. ;)

I hope this can help the others

delimiyimben

Mar 30, 2013
I have the same 0000 problem.

My device is international i9300. I corrupted i'ts imei and serial number 1 day after purchase. Today I take my device to a 3rd. party technician and he solve the imei problem but serial 000000 problem remains.

I wiped data and cache after I take it back. And I did a factory reset via android menu. But still the same 0000 serial.

I backed up my efs folder to several locations and make a backup with ktool too. So what is the next step?

Should I flash the latest samsung firmware via odin amd make a full wipe after that?

Or just flash some cm10 rom.

Sorry for bad english and thanx in advance.

Aug 7, 2013
Kaiserslautern
Did you fix it?

My device is international i9300. I corrupted i'ts imei and serial number 1 day after purchase. Today I take my device to a 3rd. party technician and he solve the imei problem but serial 000000 problem remains.

I wiped data and cache after I take it back. And I did a factory reset via android menu. But still the same 0000 serial.

I backed up my efs folder to several locations and make a backup with ktool too. So what is the next step?

Should I flash the latest samsung firmware via odin amd make a full wipe after that?

Or just flash some cm10 rom.

Sorry for bad english and thanx in advance.

Hi, don't worry about bad English mine isn't so good either. Were you able to get your serial number back? If so what did you do? I have the same problem it was gone after I flashed a new rom I had lost the network and the IMEI but thanks to this site and DocHoliday77 the phone is back in order except the serial number but it looks to me that it does not have an effect on the performance. so just may let it go before I do something dumb again. If you did get it back let me know how.

thx Robert'sGalaxy

sandy2626

Oct 21, 2006
i ave the same problem

Hi, don't worry about bad English mine isn't so good either. Were you able to get your serial number back? If so what did you do? I have the same problem it was gone after I flashed a new rom I had lost the network and the IMEI but thanks to this site and DocHoliday77 the phone is back in order except the serial number but it looks to me that it does not have an effect on the performance. so just may let it go before I do something dumb again. If you did get it back let me know how.

thx Robert'sGalaxy

hi please did you solve this problem? i have flashed with Pardus Rom and get the same problem. please what can i do ? thanks for help.

Last edited:

bitahdust

Feb 11, 2011

Hey zeek333

How did you fix your imei #? I'm still having problem fixing mine. Thanks!

bitahdust

Feb 11, 2011
Basics read first.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2344125
Critical you read the first two posts

Thanks JJEgan I see now what you wanted ne to read. I need to flash the new MG basebands because I did update to the XXEMG4 ROM then switched back to a stock rom thinking that would fix my IMEI #. Thanks for not being abusive and just pointing me in the right direction. :) I hope that is what you wanted me to realize.

bitahdust

Feb 11, 2011
No its just a straight forward cut and paste for those that have not read the basics or cannot find the basic faqs and guides . Saves answering the same question day after day .

Hey man,

I read the post and tried using the MG4 modem but I still unable to connect to network. I would search for the network and select my service provider, a pop up would say "registered to network" but when I try to make a call a pop would appear and say "not registered to network".

Now in my notification bar i would see a hazard sign saying: "NO SERVICE selected network (bmobile) not available" any additional direction you could give me to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...but they should, once they know about it. General is for General stuff, guides, important info. Q&A is for asking questions. All the important stuff you all need to read is in General > Sticky roll-up thread, so please do take the time and read it. We put a lot of effort into the threads there so it's always a shame if someone doesn't read them.

Flash stock and take it back to official Samsung repair centre.

currently reading as download is in progress