FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] SIII Network problem after the update and sn 0000... Problem- solved !!!

114 posts
Thanks Meter: 331
 
By ariza27, Senior Member on 3rd October 2012, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th December 2013, 01:03 PM |#1431  
miggio's Avatar
Member
Flag cork
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseguy64

Did this and it worked.

Worked for me too.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
16th December 2013, 02:14 AM |#1432  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Has someone got any idea about what it is thats actually patched in kernel and modem for them to work ??
16th December 2013, 02:36 AM |#1433  
olbanana's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up The [FIX] :D
First of all, don't panic. Second of all, there is nothing to be panicking about..... its a very easy fix and you don't need to use the Ariza patch for it or any other for it.

I tested this on a Galaxy S3 I9300. But I am 90% sure that it can be applied to other models as well. But as they say, you do everything on your own risk, I am not to be blamed for any thing.... what I did fixed my cell phone. Just make sure to keep a back-up even of this scenario, keep a CWM back just in case. BTW this procedure cannot do much harm any ways since its just flashing a new rom but still you are on your own

I was involved in this situation just a couple of hours back, was trying to find out how to get my mobile to work properly. I actually flashed a stock 4.1.2 firmware (KLC/KL4/XEO) over a working paranoid android 3.99, every thing was normal after the flash except that i was not registered on the network. I couldn't make any calls or send any texts..... I wanted to just kill my self for not taking any back ups, imagine life without a cell phone....

Well to cut it short, in my 2 days of research i found out that if you install an old firmware over a newer one.... NOTHING CHANGES... its just that the old modem cannot read the NV information on your cell phone. Your phone is not bricked, neither it has any issues nor you need to get it to a shop.... and your IMEI hasnt changed as well. What you need to do is:

Just update your modem (download an atleast MG4 baseband firmware), I tested with the 4.1.2 stock MG4 firmware BTU (United Kingdom) downloaded from sammobile.

After the download finishes unzip the file and then remove .md5 from the full file name of the extracted file, you will be left with just the tar. Untar it and inside you will see a modem.bin file.

Use odin (windows) or heimdall (mac os) to flash just the modem.bin file and that will be all.

PS: For odin select PHONE and for heimdall select RADIO. I am positive that it will work flawlessly, just make sure you have your efs folder there... it doesnt have to be backed up it just have to be there.
16th December 2013, 06:06 PM |#1434  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i want to use cm 10.2stable. Which kernel and modem for me ????

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi
17th December 2013, 12:26 AM |#1435  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I am have root, installed the box and runned the patch evrything went right but still cant get acess to network connection

So i install XXELLA and runned flashed VIA odin a costum modem and still nothing, what am i doing wrong? can someone help me?

My phone is i9300 unbranded
17th December 2013, 04:42 AM |#1436  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olbanana

First of all, don't panic. Second of all, there is nothing to be panicking about..... its a very easy fix and you don't need to use the Ariza patch for it or any other for it.

I tested this on a Galaxy S3 I9300. But I am 90% sure that it can be applied to other models as well. But as they say, you do everything on your own risk, I am not to be blamed for any thing.... what I did fixed my cell phone. Just make sure to keep a back-up even of this scenario, keep a CWM back just in case. BTW this procedure cannot do much harm any ways since its just flashing a new rom but still you are on your own

I was involved in this situation just a couple of hours back, was trying to find out how to get my mobile to work properly. I actually flashed a stock 4.1.2 firmware (KLC/KL4/XEO) over a working paranoid android 3.99, every thing was normal after the flash except that i was not registered on the network. I couldn't make any calls or send any texts..... I wanted to just kill my self for not taking any back ups, imagine life without a cell phone....

Well to cut it short, in my 2 days of research i found out that if you install an old firmware over a newer one.... NOTHING CHANGES... its just that the old modem cannot read the NV information on your cell phone. Your phone is not bricked, neither it has any issues nor you need to get it to a shop.... and your IMEI hasnt changed as well. What you need to do is:

Just update your modem (download an atleast MG4 baseband firmware), I tested with the 4.1.2 stock MG4 firmware BTU (United Kingdom) downloaded from sammobile.

After the download finishes unzip the file and then remove .md5 from the full file name of the extracted file, you will be left with just the tar. Untar it and inside you will see a modem.bin file.

Use odin (windows) or heimdall (mac os) to flash just the modem.bin file and that will be all.

PS: For odin select PHONE and for heimdall select RADIO. I am positive that it will work flawlessly, just make sure you have your efs folder there... it doesnt have to be backed up it just have to be there.



It looks like i'm having the same problem you had. Appears as though the phone is working fine but i'm not registered on the network.

However, a modem flash isn't working for me. The device still has no access to the network and i'm positive that it isn't another issue with something such as the imei. Any ideas?

I'm on an i747 but i saw this thread and it looks like the most relevant thing on this thread.
17th December 2013, 05:37 AM |#1437  
pedjasmek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavourosaurus

It looks like i'm having the same problem you had. Appears as though the phone is working fine but i'm not registered on the network.

However, a modem flash isn't working for me. The device still has no access to the network and i'm positive that it isn't another issue with something such as the imei. Any ideas?

I'm on an i747 but i saw this thread and it looks like the most relevant thing on this thread.

When you have 4.3 rom ( stock ) with root privileges, flash patched MK6 kernel and modem which can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...U5YaGkzOUowMG8
or if you want to use 4.1.2 then just flash patched mg4 or mc2 modem ( 4.1.2. doesn't require patched kernel )
The Following User Says Thank You to pedjasmek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pedjasmek Ad-Free
17th December 2013, 09:22 AM |#1438  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
3g nit working
3g not working after patching .. it shows E not H+
17th December 2013, 11:11 AM |#1439  
minur's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mardin-Medeniyetler Beşiği..
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluman

Patched XXUGMK6 kernel and modem added
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...jg&usp=sharing



hi, I've installed the official firmware 4.3 gitti.ime clone network.
How do I install the modem and the kernel that you give to the phone? If you cwm cwm y How can I upload? because I could not find for 43?
17th December 2013, 02:06 PM |#1440  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan.slavici

Zuluman,
Is it possible for you to make patches for 4.4 or CM11 ROMs ?

You can try these steps
1. Flash "Patched_XXUFMJ9_kernel"
2. Flash "Patched_BUUGMJ3_modem"
3. Reboot (It will stuck at boot animation)
4. Boot again to cwm recovery (just press home+power+volume up)
5. Flash again your current rom
6. Enjoy!
It works for me, hope it works for you too.
Good luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to huynhvanphivu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huynhvanphivu Ad-Free
17th December 2013, 06:15 PM |#1441  
Quote:
Originally Posted by estevensv

I am have root, installed the box and runned the patch evrything went right but still cant get acess to network connection

So i install XXELLA and runned flashed VIA odin a costum modem and still nothing, what am i doing wrong? can someone help me?

My phone is i9300 unbranded

First of all flash this ROM: http://dfiles.eu/files/b48voxp7r
Second flash Zuluman's patched modem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...918601&page=97 post 968,a
Third flash Zuluman' patched kernel on the same page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...918601&page=97 post 968,b
Fourth reboot device and everyting would be allright.
The Following User Says Thank You to west421 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift west421 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes