[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat i9300 [Stable-Weeklies]

Search This thread

Mrkblo

Aug 11, 2009
Natal RN
This is by far the most stable rom I've used on my i9300, at least perfomance and free ram-wise. Would it be possible for someone to build this with latest security patches? I've flashed the stagefright patched version, but it's been quite a while since those were fixed.

andrescm

Mar 11, 2013
Buenos Aires
I've been using CM13 and now CM12.1, but IMHO this ROM, Slimkat 9.0, is the best I've ever had. I'm currently weighing whether sticking to Lollipop or "sacrificing" the latest features for a stable ROM. I'm this close to switching to this ROM again, this close.

Reactions: Simon_29

Willy89

Oct 4, 2010
Isasca, Italy
www.sgnuffitech.it
Hi.
This rom is by far the greatest Rom that i've ever had on mY S3 (yeap, Samsung S3 is still my primary phone).
But sometimes i wonder to update it...any chanche to have another Slimrom for S3, with a more recent Android Version?

sanguinesaintly

Apr 16, 2011
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Hi.
This rom is by far the greatest Rom that i've ever had on mY S3 (yeap, Samsung S3 is still my primary phone).
But sometimes i wonder to update it...any chanche to have another Slimrom for S3, with a more recent Android Version?

There are no further updates for this ROM. You may want to look at Resurrection Remix or crDroid for Nougat ROMs. Even then, that's where it stops as there are no Oreo builds for the i9300.

Willy89

Oct 4, 2010
Isasca, Italy
www.sgnuffitech.it
There are no further updates for this ROM. You may want to look at Resurrection Remix or crDroid for Nougat ROMs. Even then, that's where it stops as there are no Oreo builds for the i9300.

Thanks for the answer. I will look at them, but for me most important thing is to have a ROM which is lightweight and with nothing except the 3-4 features that I use. So, Slimkat is prefect, but the possibility of having a more modern Android is quite tempting.
Also, in my previous post, I didn't mention that I am running right now with a Slimkat version, so I have Android 4.4.2. and this is why I am considering an update.

Last edited:
Reactions: vuut

gh-thomas

May 11, 2017
Reactions: N-Gage4ever

useruser13

Oct 25, 2013
Mirror link???

2020. The BEST ROM for i9300! Please re upload SlimKat somewhere.

All other ROM is a big bloatware.

CriseekPL

Mar 3, 2013

Finally made some research on this via web.archive.org and I was able to recover/download the entire slimkat ROM :)

So there is a link from me:

I installed it today. Ah memories :)
IMG_20230115_154526.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat i9300 [Stable-Weeklies] , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    scuba156, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-05-19
    Some hints:

1. Keep in mind that this are early beta stage builds!!!!!! Means bugs can happen. So please only use this builds if you want to help us and iron out the bugs with proper bugreports etc (see third post about how to submit a bugreport)

2. Be sure you are on latest CWM recovery!!!!!! download it here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2200501

3. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working (it only does not have the new google launcher). If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

4. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 rom (as well format system manually please)

Download:

ROM:

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/628-i9300

Gapps:

please only use our gapps for now

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/978-addons4-4/downloads
    Reporting Bugs

When you submit a bug you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise your developer might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

1. Make a nandroid backup.

2. Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system)
    Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

3a. When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS etc. and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the homescreen.

3b. When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.
    Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard.
    Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet".
    Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

4. Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

5. Post the logcat in a txt file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread.
    Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.

6. Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (don't ask for ETAs).
    Lots of roms are based on SLIM but what you have to remember is the amount of devices that we now maintain means stability across the entire spectrum of our supported devices is of paramount importance to the entire team. Maintaining a handful of devices is much easier, especially when the hard work has been done by someone else. No disrespect to other rom builders for porting our rom (and giving credit in their op) but our aim is to make stable builds and then implement the amazing,unique features that makes SLIMROMS such a success amongst our huge following of users. And all for free (other than the odd donation) i might add. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk