FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-I930x/T/N][SHV-E210*][SHW-M440S] CF-Auto-Root

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,129
 
By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 26th October 2012, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st November 2012, 03:37 AM |#101  
cammel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
@chainfire as you probably know, in every stock jelly Bean firmware update that has been released for the international galaxy S3 I9300 after installing jb, when you enter to stock recovery the android robot is laying down on his back with a red exclamation mark on it, it happened on every single jb firmware that I (and lots of other people's) tried. If you go back to ics then the android robot on stock recovery is fine.
The thing is that today I updated to the newest Spain jb release (DLJ4) and of course after flashing with pc Odin my root was gone, so I flashed this new auto root tool from you (for the first time cause I always used cf-root) without any issue, but I got surprised that after flashing this auto root tool and entered to stock recovery again (the one is installed after flashing this auto root tool) the android robot was fine and not lying dead like it was before rooting it! Is there any explanation for this? Is a different recovery versión the one is flashed with auto-Root? Cause it also doesn't have one option called adb ot something like that...
Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cammel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cammel Ad-Free
 
 
1st November 2012, 04:20 AM |#102  
karwankar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
how to install zip files in cwm recovery in this autoroot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammel

@chainfire as you probably know, in every stock jelly Bean firmware update that has been released for the international galaxy S3 I9300 after installing jb, when you enter to stock recovery the android robot is laying down on his back with a red exclamation mark on it, it happened on every single jb firmware that I (and lots of other people's) tried. If you go back to ics then the android robot on stock recovery is fine.
The thing is that today I updated to the newest Spain jb release (DLJ4) and of course after flashing with pc Odin my root was gone, so I flashed this new auto root tool from you (for the first time cause I always used cf-root) without any issue, but I got surprised that after flashing this auto root tool and entered to stock recovery again (the one is installed after flashing this auto root tool) the android robot was fine and not lying dead like it was before rooting it! Is there any explanation for this? Is a different recovery versión the one is flashed with auto-Root? Cause it also doesn't have one option called adb ot something like that...
Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

how to install zip files in cwm recovery in this autoroot?
mobile odin pro is required I dont have credit card for pro version any other option ???
1st November 2012, 11:17 AM |#103  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 86,129
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammel

@chainfire as you probably know, in every stock jelly Bean firmware update that has been released for the international galaxy S3 I9300 after installing jb, when you enter to stock recovery the android robot is laying down on his back with a red exclamation mark on it, it happened on every single jb firmware that I (and lots of other people's) tried. If you go back to ics then the android robot on stock recovery is fine.
The thing is that today I updated to the newest Spain jb release (DLJ4) and of course after flashing with pc Odin my root was gone, so I flashed this new auto root tool from you (for the first time cause I always used cf-root) without any issue, but I got surprised that after flashing this auto root tool and entered to stock recovery again (the one is installed after flashing this auto root tool) the android robot was fine and not lying dead like it was before rooting it! Is there any explanation for this? Is a different recovery versión the one is flashed with auto-Root? Cause it also doesn't have one option called adb ot something like that...
Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

I think CF-Auto-Root actually includes the ICS recovery, not the JB one.
1st November 2012, 12:19 PM |#104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I haven't tried it as I'm running CM10 at the moment but can I assume it can be installed with Heimdall like in version 6.4 using the same procedure
sudo heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img --cache cache.img ?
1st November 2012, 12:29 PM |#105  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 86,129
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmann

I haven't tried it as I'm running CM10 at the moment but can I assume it can be installed with Heimdall like in version 6.4 using the same procedure
sudo heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img --cache cache.img ?

I'm not a heimdall user, but I assume so, yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 12:31 PM |#106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I'm not a heimdall user, but I assume so, yes.

Thanks I will give it a try the next time I'm running stock.
1st November 2012, 01:54 PM |#107  
SiriusCybernetik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 170
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I think CF-Auto-Root actually includes the ICS recovery, not the JB one.

That would explain why my JB keeps claiming that the system has been modified.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
1st November 2012, 01:58 PM |#108  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 86,129
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusCybernetik

That would explain why my JB keeps claiming that the system has been modified.

If those two things were related, that would indeed explain it. As they aren't, it doesn't.
1st November 2012, 02:11 PM |#109  
cammel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I think CF-Auto-Root actually includes the ICS recovery, not the JB one.

Ohhh...ok, but it can be used without any problem to root jelly bean firmwares I suppose... am I right?? Does the ICS recovery affect the phone in any way when used on a jb firmware?
Thanks a lot!!!


Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
1st November 2012, 05:37 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
i think if you are rooted you get the modified status even with any recovery
1st November 2012, 06:43 PM |#111  
nfribeiro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 323
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega007

i think if you are rooted you get the modified status even with any recovery

No, I am rooted and my status is normal.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes