[OFFICIAL][WEEKLY][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1 for i9300

Search This thread

pascua28

Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 7 Pro
guys pls help and i not cut and destroy our balls again, i have wakelock without sim slot too, so when wakelocks (hostd, boothsci , secril ecc) appear , my phone become hot at bottom, so i throw a punch at bottom of phone and all wakelock disappears , so what fck is problem???????? a chip failed? help pls i have dismount it but i not notice null of strange
Maybe try a custom kernel

Reactions: vuut

Ashraf Iraqian

Aug 4, 2014
kirkuk
Hi guys
i have noisy issue
My device losing SIM network many times and then working again by itself (No SIM , No services)
At first i thought i am facing this issue because i am used Custom kernels (Boeffla,koffee,hybrid)

But i am cleaned this doubt from my mind by downgrading to stock ROM 4.3 everthing was good for 5 hours
And then clean flashed the latest ROM with latest Gapss
and booted my phone without any mods
now i have the issue again
whats wrong?

Ashraf Iraqian

Aug 4, 2014
kirkuk
Anyone has a clue on how i could get into my phone without factory reset in twrp?
I was trying to use my phone for a few times while it was on low battery and used a different charger since I wasn't at home. Basically charging it till 5 or 10-15% and then disconnecting it, just to reply to a few messages.. Suddenly, I just couldn't boot past the LOS boot logo. Phone was heating up after a while on that charger and its stuck at the LOS logo in bootloop. Tried dirty flashing a new build of LOS & different kernel, still the same issue. Tried charging it properly to full capacity, nothing. Trying to preserve my apps/data, so any ideas? TWRP works fine
edit: included a log from twrp
Today i have the same big problem OMG i am in bootloop without using any Mods...!
and i am told you in my previous post i am just clean flashed the ROM 1 day ago :( @forkbomb444 can you please help us and tell why we got this problem?

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    83.2 KB · Views: 12
  • recovery.log
    18.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Psycho103

Jul 27, 2016
Vadodara
The internal storage was not accessible on Nougat ROM for me after coming from SlimKAT so I flashed stock ROM using Odin and then flashe LOS 14.1 but now I'm having network issue. Here's a link. I've done screen recording : https://bit.ly/2sdN12F

Network Problems, Internal Storage, Bootloop, Best Kernel & Off Topic

The internal storage was not accessible on Nougat ROM for me after coming from SlimKAT so I flashed stock ROM using Odin and then flashe LOS 14.1 but now I'm having network issue. Here's a link. I've done screen recording...

"...The internal storage was not accessible" - From the phone itself in System, when connected to a computer via MTP or ADB, in TWRP > File Manager or with TWRP connected to a computer as MTP & ADB is enabled by default in TWRP?

Anyway that calls for a thorough Format Data in TWRP Recovery instead of a simple Wipe before installing LineageOS to avoid future problems IMO. See my reply to @GalaxyMaster_P in the bottom of this recent post: Hacked LineageOS Reboots, Bootloops, Xposed & Corrupted Data

"...I'm having network issue." - Try long press Power button > long press either Power off or Restart > Reboot to safe mode. If the problem is solved then it's an app you installed.

Check Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Cellular networks > Access Point Names > and make sure it is the ones your provider recommends.

Is it the same intermittent network connection if you enable Cellular Data or in > Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Cellular networks > Preferred network type > 2G?

Did you check with your cellular provider if there is a problem in your region with their network?

Check S3 How to do a very important EFS Partition Backup - No Service Fix (by restoring the EFS partition from a backup) and Samsung stock firmware & LineageOS Super Clean Install > step #13 if you don't have a EFS Partition or a full Nandroid backup.

You could try to troubleshoot using the free MatLog: Material Logcat Reader > Settings > Clear > File > Record > observe Network connecting/disconnecting for a minute or two without doing anything else on the phone > then Stop MatLog > Send > Send Log as attachment (File > Save as works too) and open it in Wordpad on a computer for example to study it or post here after renaming it with a .txt extension.

You could also try this:

I would try cleaning the SIM-card contacts, or try another SIM-card.

"...I've done screen recording..." - That must be one the most boring video I ever saw & that sharing site is full of cr@ppy popup windows. :) (Try imgur next time and a direct link to the screen recording. For example this (also boring) one about LOS in-call minimum volume was made with the stock Lineage Recorder like you did: https://i.imgur.com/piuyvJs.mp4
...My device losing SIM network many times and then working again by itself (No SIM , No services)...At first i thought i am facing this issue because i am used Custom kernels (Boeffla,koffee,hybrid)

But i am cleaned this doubt from my mind by downgrading to stock ROM 4.3 everthing was good for 5 hours

Try the suggestions above & also what @Robert-R said. Check also here for SIM hardware troubleshooting tips: https://thedroidguy.com/2018/04/how-to-solve-samsung-galaxy-s3-no-sim-card-problem-57290

Try testing SIM for more than 5 hours when running Samsung stock firmware.

Today i have the same big problem OMG i am in bootloop without using any Mods...

There could be dozens of different reasons for a bootloop so you can't say that you have the same problem as qb74 which was using a custom beta kernel. Try booting without a SIM card as you reported Network problems when using other kernels & firmwares in other threads.

You did not say if you got into a bootloop after a system crash or by rebooting manually: soft reboot, hard reboot, power off then turning on again, etc.

Best Kernel for Battery Life?

Which One kernel ,we are can choice good better for drain battery..

Nobody knows because nobody ran tests & benchmarks comparing different kernels for i9300 running Lineage 14.1 @ the present as far as I know.

From the Boeffla-Kernel FAQ: "...99% of the time battery drain issues come from apps, the rom or background processes.'

Interesting article by the kernel developer of ElementalX The truth about kernels and battery life

Anyway there are a number of free kernel manager apps including Kernel Adiutor that you can use to tweak (CPU frequency, Governor, I/O Scheduler, etc) of the stock LineageOS 14.1 for i9300 kernel but make 100% sure that you have a full recent TWRP backup & full backup of your internal storage & > Settings > Backup & reset setup properly & backups of your messenger apps like WhatsApp for example as it is easy to mess-up your system as described in the FAQ's linked above.

Several of the settings suggestions in my post here can have a much bigger impact on battery life than any custom kernel & tweaking including something as basic as using the minimum screen brightness level that you are comfortable with: S3 LineageOS Battery Drain Troubleshooting & Optimization
...Installing Hyper Rom V11 does not create problem For i9300?:confused:

You are in the wrong thread as this one is for LineageOS 14.1 for i9300.

Go here instead: HYPER-ROM for Galaxy S3

no have oreo for s3 ??...

If you don't see it here then no: https://download.lineageos.org/i9300 Check this post for news: Bunch of Links: S3 i9300 LineageOS, Developer & Oreo Project

Last edited:

Ashraf Iraqian

Aug 4, 2014
kirkuk
You did not say if you got into a bootloop after a system crash or by rebooting manually:
i said the same problem about battery level yes it is.
I am just turned off my device and tried to use my second battery and then i am in bootloob
tried many ways but no chance , now i am clean flashed the ROM again without removing SIM and everything works!!! How?

Bootloop & System Logs Easy Capture

i said the same problem about battery level yes it is.
I am just turned off my device and tried to use my second battery and then i am in bootloob
tried many ways but no chance , now i am clean flashed the ROM again without removing SIM and everything works!!! How?

Maybe you have a defective eMMC memory chip corrupting Data? Try this as it can only speedup your S3 and follow the link inside the post to check your eMMC chip's firmware: S3 Black Screen Freezing Fix - Sudden Death Syndrome

Also Format Data as mentioned in the previous post.

Install the awesome & free SysLog if you have root enabled: "a simple open-source tool for quickly taking and sharing system logs".
Syslog_All_Logs_curiousrom.png

Log types collection supported by Syslog in my S3 i9300 LineageOS 14.1 stock:
* Kernel log (dmesg.log)
* Last kernel log (last_kmsg.log)
* Main log (logcat.log)
* Modem log (modem.log)
* Event log (event.log)

If stuck in a bootloop don't crash the phone by removing the battery if you can avoid it. It's like turning off the engine in a car going at 100 km/h & may corrupt some files as some users reported in this thread. :eek:

Try first to press the Power button for 8-10 seconds to force a reset until you see the Samsung bootloader logo & release the button.

If it goes in bootloop again: press the Power button until the screen goes black, release the button before the Samsung logo appears > start in TWRP recovery > Reboot > System and maybe you get lucky.

If the system finally boots normally immediately use Syslog and capture all logs so you may find the cause of the bootloop problem, maybe!

I don't understand this: "...same problem about battery level".

Last edited:

Ashraf Iraqian

Aug 4, 2014
kirkuk
please Mr. @forkbomb444 we need you to fix The SIM Network issues , in last 2 months ago i am noticed many users of this ROM losing SIM network after flashing or while using it "i am one of them". and i am didn't faced this issue in any custom ROMs before.
i am believe you , you will fix it in next update
with my respect for your great work :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Wiki
    Official LineageOS Wiki: http://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/i9300

Known issues
    @curiousrom has a list of known issues/workarounds. You can see them here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76224958&postcount=4419

Installation
    (NOTE: if you experience robotic voice during calls: see the FAQ for a fix)
    Upgrading from CyanogenMod/unofficial LineageOS without wiping

First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Galaxy S III:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Flash a custom recovery via Heimdall or Odin
    • Push GApps (arm) and the Lineage 14.1 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash the Lineage 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS:
    • Update your recovery - Lineage Recovery will be done automatically, TWRP can be downloaded from here (NOTE: you need 3.0.2-2 or higher to automatically install updates in Lineage 14.1)
    • Push the new Lineage 14.1 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the Lineage 14.1 zip from SD card
    • Flash the most recent GApps for 7.1 if you are upgrading from earlier android version
    • Reboot

Downloads

Reporting bugs

Bug reports belong on JIRA. See our wiki for more information on using JIRA.

I do not check this thread regularly for bug reports. Using JIRA makes tracking down & debugging bugs a lot easier. Feel free to use this thread to discuss bugs, though :)

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've modified system files
    • DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • See how to submit a bug report for the appropriate place to report your bug (NOTE: the majority of bugs need to go in the BUGBASH tracker, which is only open on weekends).
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs already reported on JIRA. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    Phone Informations
    * Lineage version
    * Gapps version
    What you did:
    * Wipe data: y/n
    * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n
    * Restore with titanium backup: y/n
    You're using (if yes write which one) :
    * Task killer
    * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps
    * Non-stock kernel
    * Modified kernel settings
    * Other mods
    Bug info:
    * Last version it worked on
    * Repro steps

Getting help

You can ask for help on our subreddit, on IRC: #LineageOS on Freenode

F.A.Q.
    Root?
    Flashable zips to install/uninstall root can be found here. Download the "arm" variants.

Robotic voice during calls?
    Try using the I9300XXUGMK6 modem. Instructions are here.

GPS Issues?
    Probably a hardware issue. Try tightening the screws on the back of the device, or see this video for more information (thanks to @baltics for the link)

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    forkbomb444
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
    Last Updated 2018-04-30
    A little Oreo update for you all...

Linux 4.17 will have support for the S3/Note 2. (So with a little bit of modification, you could install a regular Linux distro and use it on your phone!). I'm working on getting the notification LED driver submitted upstream - it should land for 4.18, probably along with support for the back/menu keys.

I've gotten audio working, but it's in need of more testing. I also manages to test the camera:
    Yq7qXCO.jpg

I've managed to successfully load the firmware onto i9300/n7100's modem. Currently I'm working on rewriting the kernel driver that RIL communicates with - Samsung's old implementation was unnecessarily complex, and they made some interesting design decisions in the way the driver behaves... Hopefully that will be done relatively soon - you can watch the progress here
    I've got a few updates for you all :)

The bad news:
    A few things are broken with the HWC (Video recording is the main one at the moment). I've been quite busy recently IRL, so haven't had much time to work on this.
    Android 7.1.2 doesn't boot, something's super weird during very early boot (it hangs waiting for threads to finish before starting the system server). Fixing this is my priority for the moment.

The good news:
    I understand a little better how the camera HAL works, hopefully I'll be able to properly fix video recording (instead of using a hack in frameworks like we do now).
    I may even have some more free time in the next few weeks (no promises...)
    Hi!

Android O has a lot of changes, including to the kernel. Google supports as far back as 3.10 (five years old!). Backporting these changes to Linux 3.0 (seven years old!) might be possible, but no matter how hard I try, the kernel will have huge numbers of vulnerabilities. Going forward, more and more effort will be required to continue maintaining it.

So, before working on Oreo I've decided to port i9300/i9305/n7100/t0lte to mainline Linux. This is going to take a while - I started working on this in earnest at the end of last year. Currently, there's no OpenGL support - so instead I've been using a traditional Linux distribution to develop on.

Currently, there's a pretty neat list of things working (keep in mind, I haven't even attempted to boot Android on this yet...):
    • Display + panel brightness (on S3 and Note 2)
    • USB
    • Capacitive keys
    • Hardware keys
    • Sensors (on S3 only)
    • Wifi
    • Notification LED
    • HDMI (untested)
    • Cameras (untested)
    • Touchscreen (on S3 and Note 2)
    • Charging

Fortunately, the lima project exists for OpenGL on Mali 400. So far, it can render spinning cubes - but I don't think it's quite far enough to handle Android yet...

That leaves the main things left to figure out:
    • GPS (will require a lot of work - reversing the protocol used...)
    • Modem (I've started working on i9300/n7100, but it's not yet booting fully)
    • BT (should be super easy)
    • Audio
    • Note 2 sensors
    • Note 2 S-Pen support

You can see my progress in my github repository.
    Reserved

Builds are up! :)