[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat i9300 [Stable-Weeklies]

Search This thread

sevenshorseman

Jul 31, 2012
Düsseldorf
Last edited:

simonwil

Jan 8, 2011
Great, but i got bad file message from CWM. I downloaded it two times because i thought the first download was bad. So i started download a second time.
But still bad file. Could Dev upload new weekly again with proper file?

Edit: i ´ll give it another try and downloading to PC. Before i downloaded it on my phone. We´ll see...

Are you using a recent version of CWM? Download the latest version and try again if you aren't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenshorseman

Kiszonyogor95

Mar 1, 2013
Dirty flashed a minute ago, everything seems to be fine ;)
Great update Team Slim! TRDS is back and awesome as always!
But Im still missing clear all button.
But anyway great job!

TaPaTaLkEd from my Galaxy S3

ascariz

Jul 31, 2008
bug report

NFS most wanted sound ugly. Not happen in previous android version.aatached bug report

Attachments

• bugreport.zip
    78.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: scuba156

sevenshorseman

Jul 31, 2012
Düsseldorf
I tried to uninstall Nova with TB because i want to install Nova Prime.apk, but without success. TB marked Nova as uninstalled but it is still there.
Could it be that Prime version is not compatible to 4.4 ?

Kiszonyogor95

Mar 1, 2013
I tried to uninstall Nova with TB because i want to install Nova Prime.apk, but without success. TB marked Nova as uninstalled but it is still there.
Could it be that Prime version is not compatible to 4.4 ?

It is.
After every update I delete nova apk from system/app with some file browser - slim browser works great for me. Then after reboot you have to delete nova 2.3 through titanium (I do not know why is it appearing after deleting from system) and then you can install prime version ;)
Hope it helps

TaPaTaLkEd from my Galaxy S3

Reactions: sevenshorseman

soronk

Oct 18, 2010
Best slimrom so far! Really great!THX a lot!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat i9300 [Stable-Weeklies] , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    scuba156, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-05-19
    Some hints:

1. Keep in mind that this are early beta stage builds!!!!!! Means bugs can happen. So please only use this builds if you want to help us and iron out the bugs with proper bugreports etc (see third post about how to submit a bugreport)

2. Be sure you are on latest CWM recovery!!!!!! download it here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2200501

3. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working (it only does not have the new google launcher). If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

4. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 rom (as well format system manually please)

Download:

ROM:

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/628-i9300

Gapps:

please only use our gapps for now

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/978-addons4-4/downloads
    Reporting Bugs

When you submit a bug you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise your developer might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

1. Make a nandroid backup.

2. Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system)
    Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

3a. When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS etc. and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the homescreen.

3b. When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.
    Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard.
    Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet".
    Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

4. Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

5. Post the logcat in a txt file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread.
    Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.

6. Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (don't ask for ETAs).
    Lots of roms are based on SLIM but what you have to remember is the amount of devices that we now maintain means stability across the entire spectrum of our supported devices is of paramount importance to the entire team. Maintaining a handful of devices is much easier, especially when the hard work has been done by someone else. No disrespect to other rom builders for porting our rom (and giving credit in their op) but our aim is to make stable builds and then implement the amazing,unique features that makes SLIMROMS such a success amongst our huge following of users. And all for free (other than the odd donation) i might add. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk