If anyone's been following my thread on SGS3 volume hacks and modifications you'll most likely already know what this app does, if not, here's the thread which should explain everything you need to know!
UPDATE 17/08/12: I'd consider this fully in beta and no longer just a 'proof-of-concept'. So far, the Speaker, In-Call and Ringtone options are done.
- An International Samsung Galaxy S III with Root Access and Busybox
- The ROM you're running must be a Samsung ROM (i.e. not CM)
- A knowledge of ADB, Fastboot and the flashing process, just in case.
You can alter the "Output Volume" and the "Boost Volume" for the Earpiece, Speaker, Headset, Headphones and Dock for the Normal sound, the In-Call sound and the Ringtone ("Dock" options not available for 'In-Call').
GVM will also now read from the file and fill in the current values that are in use.
The "Output Volume", by default, is set to 50 and can reach a maximum of 63. The "Boost Volume", on the other hand, isn't used normally (so it's default is 0) but can be increased to 55 (the combination of 63 and 55 is the loudest you can possibly push this phone, via this method, and is NOT recommended as it is insanely loud and distorts horribly!).
If you have already altered the "default_gain.conf" file on your device it should still work fine provided you haven't added any new lines or screwed about with the format. In any case, it's probably wise to replace it with the version attached to this post, just so everything still works smoothly (open the .zip and move the file inside, the "default_gain.conf", to "/system/etc/" and you're good to go!)
- The values you can enter are not limited, so you can input higher values than 63. It will simply "break" the audio on your device until you change it back.
V1.0.2 - 29/08/2012
- There's now an option to flash the original 'default_gain.conf' for those of you who have edited ones
- Force Close on Jelly Bean has been fixed (permission problem)
- Now displays a message each time you apply to let you know it has finished
V1.0.1 - 17/08/2012
- 'Terms and Conditions' only appears once when you first run the app
- 'In-Call' and 'Ringtone' pages added
- The app now reads from the 'default_gain.conf' file and fills in the values you are currently using for you
v1.0.0 - Release Beta
Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!