4,307 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,269

By rlorange, Senior Member on 31st May 2013, 02:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
----------------------------------------
Smart Lock V1.2.4
DOWNLOAD http://db.tt/kBtgcx6N

- PIN unlock automatic now. (No longer need to tap the tic)

-Delay timer Seconds slider

- 1.2.2 bigger PIN keypad

- improved screen state detection should use less ram and cause less battery drain.
Welcome to Smart Lock... The Security of a PIN lock and convenience of swipe combined

>>> #1 FEATURES & QUICK START GUIDE
The App UI is VERY simple to use:

#1 Set your PIN, screen off delay & global state.

#2 Thats it! if you turn your screen on before the set delay you get normal Android lock screen. After you get Smart Lock PIN guard immediately after.

if you forget your PIN at any time simply wipe Smart Lock app data to reset to the default PIN '0000' and chose a new one next time you launch the app.

Since the min delay is 1min, you will always be able to do this after a reboot. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to use thie app in combination with a sim PIN lock to block entry upon reboot and you are secure.

The rest is so easy i wont bother insulting your intelligence explaining it.

The lock screen this app uses is independent from Android and will appear after you unlock with any Android lock method.

>>> #2 THE CONCEPT:
The idea behind Smart Lock is to combine the convenience of the Android swipe Lock screen with the security of a protected lock screen (either pattern or PIN).

This is achieved by using a secondary independent PIN guard blocking overlay which will block access to the Android UI without a successful PIN entry.

This PIN activated system guard can be set to block access to the touch screen. A user selectable delay once the screen switches off will activate it.

Combined this with a sim lock on boot, together they will protect your phone from theft or prying eyes while AT THE SAME TIME saving you from needing to enter your PIN every time you check your phone during instant message sessions or any other sort of frequent use.

The app can easily be reverted to a default PIN by wiping the app data ANY TIME. Since the min PIN activation delay is 1 minute from Screen off there is no danger of locking yourself out of your phone since a simple reboot and app data wipe will clear a forgotten or unknown PIN...

So how can this possibly be secure I hear you ask?

Well its quite simple: With a SIM PIN in place a user will need to know this to get into Andriod after a reboot. without this Smart Lock app data can't be wiped to reset the PIN...

So you have day a 15 minute delay on Smart Lock. Your phone gets stolen and likely the Smart Lock PIN has activated by the time someone tries to use it. They then reboot the phone and your SIM block PIN prevents them getting in!! Meanwhile you are enjoying the convenience of a simple swipe lock screen most of the time not to mention Android 4.2.2 lock screen widgets!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rlorange Ad-Free

31st May 2013, 02:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
thanks, work for 4.1.2??
The Following User Says Thank You to hwjrmrm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hwjrmrm Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 02:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Yep! Should work for a broad range of devices

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
31st May 2013, 03:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
I've tried to make it as battery friendly as possible so please report how much battery it's using day to day

31st May 2013, 11:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thumbs up
Hi rlorange,

Thanks for that bright idea, finally we have a way to have widgets AND a decent security on 4.2.2 !
May I ask you if you plan to add new features to your neat app, as there is some improvement I see that would make it even better
31st May 2013, 12:17 PM |#6  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 724

More
I loved this app.
Nicely designed, the Concept behind is really amazing.

I wanna contribute to this project more.
I am Dev to if your source code is on GIT then post the link.

Hope, more devs will contribute to make life easier with high security.

Note :- I am not forcing you to post the GIT or other stuff just an suggestion if you want take it else let it flow.
Waiting for it to come on PLAY STORE or SAMSUNG STORE
31st May 2013, 01:12 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
V 1.1 up!!

Removed

The Following User Says Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rlorange Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 01:56 PM |#8  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 659

Donate to Me
More
All I can say about this is WOW...I hate having a pin because u got to type pin in everytime..with this it has a time limit. ..pure genius..thnaks a lot

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to alvin551 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alvin551 Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 03:55 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganMcClay

Hi rlorange,

Thanks for that bright idea, finally we have a way to have widgets AND a decent security on 4.2.2 !
May I ask you if you plan to add new features to your neat app, as there is some improvement I see that would make it even better

Thanks! V1.1 is better! I'm going to focus on improving stability and keep it simple for now. I'm still getting the monitor fail on me and not bring the PIN up occasionally. I'll tweak the task system for now

The Following User Says Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rlorange Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 03:56 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay (Aky)

I loved this app.
Nicely designed, the Concept behind is really amazing.

I wanna contribute to this project more.
I am Dev to if your source code is on GIT then post the link.

Hope, more devs will contribute to make life easier with high security.

Note :- I am not forcing you to post the GIT or other stuff just an suggestion if you want take it else let it flow.
Waiting for it to come on PLAY STORE or SAMSUNG STORE

Actually I'm relatively noob and lack programming knowledge I used tasker app factory to make it

31st May 2013, 04:55 PM |#11  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 659

Donate to Me
More
Could yiu make it unlock asoon as the pin is typed im? Instead of clicking the tick?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)