FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Touch2Wake Control 1.0.8 2014-02-12

8,837 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,043

By FadeFx, Senior Member on 24th September 2013, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, on request of our fellow user @Viper_21 i built a tool that gives a bit more control to the touch2wake feature built into some custom kernels like googy_max and other kernels.

You have options to configure touch2wake on a more finegrained basis and up to higher values (seconds and minutes) as well as a different value for when headphones are connected. Also you can set it to forever when connected to a power source.

While some may consider this as useless, this may be helpful for special usecases as in car, where you can't easily unlock your device normally, or at home. I didn't even have the need for such an app until i did the first tests with it.

If you think it could be a nice to have thing, feel free to download and please leave a comment on how you use it and also about any bug you came across.

Download: https://app.box.com/s/4n2r7f1zze2xtdvrlz35 v1.0.8

Changelog:

14-02-12 v1.0.8

workaround for Devil2 kernel proximity issue thanx to @-MaD-

13-09-26 v1.0.7

Built with tasker 4.2beta8 (fixes manual input issue)
Better positioning and sizing of number pickers to support touchwiz design
Added toast message when value applied

13-09-26 v1.0.6

Added current timeout Display
Changed sliders to number pickers
Number pickers now always show standard timeout

13-09-24 v1.0.5

Initial public release

Thanx to:

Googy_Anas for his amazing kernel
Viper_21 for idea and testing
Pent for his allmighty Tasker tool

This App is free and without ads,
if you like it, just hit the thanx button!

If you feel generous, you can even

(no beer please, i dont drink!)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FadeFx Ad-Free

24th September 2013, 09:49 PM |#2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 876

More
i got something weird, it doesn't require Root Access ?

maybe you should add a pop-up to tell that setting has been applied.

most important of all !!!

why can't you make number a little bigger ...
25th September 2013, 04:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
Nope, root acccess is not required to access sys/class/... folder. Realized already with scoobycontrol.
What number you want bigger?

25th September 2013, 08:19 AM |#4  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 876

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeFx

Nope, root acccess is not required to access sys/class/... folder. Realized already with scoobycontrol.
What number you want bigger?

I mean display it in bigger size...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
25th September 2013, 08:25 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk

I mean display it in bigger size...

ah, now i know what number you mean, but its part of the slider element in tasker, i can not modify this. only option is to have an extra number display somewhere but i think in near future i am gonna change the sliders against number pickers anyways....

the popup is planed for next release...

tapatalked from MK908v3
The Following User Says Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FadeFx Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 06:38 PM |#6  
Sa Puso Mo
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Is this similar to the PGM app in nexus line?
25th September 2013, 08:12 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakawanaoki

Is this similar to the PGM app in nexus line?

I have no idea what pgm app is about... can you give more info?

Edit: found it, but no, its different.

Touch2Wake is a kernel feature that lets you wake the device by a simple touch for a given time after screen goes off by screen timeout. No gesture needed at all.

This app gives control of the time you have from screen off to wake the device, but also lets you choose different time for headphone mode or when connected to power source.

26th September 2013, 07:32 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
New version is out...

26th September 2013, 08:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeFx

New version is out...

Something funky with 1.06.... I don't see the number "rollers" as shown in your screenshot. Above each number there is only an up arrow, no down arrow below them. So can only increase numbers for now.

If I tap the number to enter a value manually, then screen gets all mangled when keyboard pops up and impossible to work with,

-Viper21
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper_21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Viper_21 Ad-Free
26th September 2013, 08:25 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Excuse my ignorance, but what does touch to wake do?

26th September 2013, 09:45 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_21

Something funky with 1.06.... I don't see the number "rollers" as shown in your screenshot. Above each number there is only an up arrow, no down arrow below them. So can only increase numbers for now.

If I tap the number to enter a value manually, then screen gets all mangled when keyboard pops up and impossible to work with,

-Viper21

thanx for reporting, can you provide a screenshot please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manguish

Excuse my ignorance, but what does touch to wake do?

please read the thread, i think i already described what it does. also you need to have a kernel installed that features Touch2Wake also called Touchwake.

Edit: ok, i did not... so here with the words of ezekiel, the creator of touchwake:

Quote:

So with Touch Wake, one can wake the device from suspend (for a certain user-defined time after screen off) by touching the touchscreen or the touchkeys. Combined with a OS level tweak which disables the lock screen on timeout for a certain time or altogether (for example in CM 7.03, but also available as standalone apps from the Market), one can achieve the same functionality as Screen Dimmer. Compared to Screen Dimmer, Touch Wake has the advantage that the screen will not be blanked as long as the FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON is set and also the battery drain while the screen is off will be significantly less because only the touch controls are kept enabled and the Android OS and running apps are properly put to sleep. For the record, with Touch Wake, while the touch controls are still enabled, the kernel is kept in a wake lock, so the battery drain will still be a little higher than for the normal stock screen lock...

tapatalked from MK908v3
The Following User Says Thank You to FadeFx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FadeFx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)