FORUMS

Fastest way to LED flashlight from lock screen?

157 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By Gabeloooooo, Senior Member on 15th September 2012, 05:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Constantly using assistive light, but I dislike having to unlock, then click the widget (which is HUGE, and thus not on my first page)

What are your favorite solutions for quickly accessing flashlight from lock screen?
15th September 2012, 06:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
What you could do is buy Widget Locker ( something like a $2 app, i knoow, not free ) and then add a flashlight widget to it. If u look up widget locker you will know what im talking about, but in essence, its a customizable lock screen and u can put widgets there to click on.

Alternativly, some ROMs will have the ability to have a flashlight as a quick tool when u pull down the notification shade. Paranoid Android 2.1 has this ability, and it is Jellybean. Great daily driver, and also stable. Give it a shot!

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoodenAnts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WoodenAnts Ad-Free
15th September 2012, 08:41 AM |#3  
Flag Port Talbot
Thanks Meter: 799

Donate to Me
More
Exactly what I've done

I haven't rooted/flashed anything custom to mine yet as I'm waiting for JB before I do that, but I've got widgetlocker installed with the jellybean style unlock orb - pull right to unlock, left for camera, down for gosms and up for 'brightest flashlight free' which is the fastest loading of all the ones I've tested (plus it has a cool on/off sound that reminds me of splinter cell lol)
The Following User Says Thank You to enigma1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enigma1981 Ad-Free
15th September 2012, 09:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Lightbulb Flashlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabeloooooo

Constantly using assistive light, but I dislike having to unlock, then click the widget (which is HUGE, and thus not on my first page)

What are your favorite solutions for quickly accessing flashlight from lock screen?

No need to unlock the screen to get your Torch App.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Z2h0Il0.:good:

Hit "Thanks" button if it help
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gambit8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gambit8 Ad-Free
15th September 2012, 05:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
THANK YOU for all the great suggestions, will try a bunch of stuff and report back.

I had read that Widget Locker drains the battery quite a lot though, have you found that to be the case on the S3?

So far I was using brightest flashlight free from lock screen, but it opens the app, I basically want to stay on the locksreen for toggling on/off.

LED genius concept is nice, but I'm afraid it will keep opening in my pocket when I shake my hips (seriously, I'm already using shaking to silence the wonderful eCID app when it is speaking)

I've a bunch of stuff to investigate thanks to you all! Cheers!
17th September 2012, 04:04 AM |#6  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Get the app called TeslaLED it has a cool and easy on/off widget as well as a shortcut which you can put on the lockscreen. I like this app cause it doesn't need all kinds of strange access/permissions like the others do.
The Following User Says Thank You to a4ol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a4ol Ad-Free
17th September 2012, 03:31 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quick update:

Tried all that was suggested. Ended up using Widget Locker + assistive light widget on lock screen. While the widget is not very pretty, t'is the fastest way to launch the led I found (slightly faster than teslaLED for me).

So far, Widget Locker doesn't seem to drain the battery too bad. And it is very sweet to have more than 4 shortcuts on the lock screen
17th September 2012, 09:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
high

my solution
you download teslaled apk free
in setting to lockscreen your put the app on the lockscreen
and in the setting of teslaled you select "start light when app is open"
and now on the lockscreen you have the icon teslaled you pullup and the flashlight come
sorry for my very bad english!!!!!
see you soon
2nd October 2012, 10:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
You should check out Search Light

It's the fastest starting flashlight app on my phone (Galaxy Nexus). Much faster than Tesla. And no silly permissions like internet and positioning like some flashlight apps need.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.searchlight

Maybe that in combination with widgetlocker? I don't have widgetlocker so I can't vouch for the combo.
10th October 2012, 02:46 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
On my SGS II, I use a ROM with JKAY support just so I can have this lockscreen: youtube.com/watch?v=JL-sc2QlNtA

As you can see around the 16 second mark, you just need to slide that tab left to toggle the LED. I'm not sure what the status is on JKAY MOD on the S3 but I know he is making a version for this phone, so check it out.
10th October 2012, 02:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Regarding this topic, just to add one other advanced method (which I am using) is to combine Tasker, Widgetlocker, and teslaLED with the S3's proximity sensor to control the LED flash.

Basically you turn on the LED flash on or off by putting your finger near the proximity sensor which is on the left of the front-facing camera.

**This method is not necessarily faster than using a widget, just a heads up to those people who are using tasker and widgetlocker, that this is one possible implementation they can use.

The reason i did this was because the widget on the lockscreen sometimes activated from accidental pressing in my pocket which resulted in huge battery drainage and a hot phone.

(Another reason was that I was bored and wanted to do something with the proximity sensor, and this was a pretty cool way to do it, plus you have one less widget on the lockscreen if you find it ugly)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)