FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kitkat Gallery and Camera (Android 4.4)

115 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By gulbrillo, Senior Member on 2nd November 2013, 10:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After I just saw, that KitKat's AOSP Gallery is supposed to feature an awesome photo editor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOs0vLY6FvA
I tried to install the Nexus 5 Camera and Gallery APKs.

Camera: http://goo.gl/VEBuiq
Gallery: http://goo.gl/a2QHTA

Interesting enough, camera and gallery are now separate APKs. I was running the 4.3 versions before, but had to hack the camera so it runs on my i9305, and system libs filtershow_filters, mosaic, and lightcycle were required.
These APKs seem to run without root (?), and I was just able to install them like any other regular APK. I'm not sure though if that would be the case if I hadn't the 4.3 versions installed before.

Bugs:
- Gallery's photo editor FCs (damn)
- Camera's photo sphere does not work in portrait mode (but is fine in landscape)

Improvements:
- Camera's flash finally flashes at the same time the picture is taken. ^^

Questions:
- Is it true that camera and gallery are working out of the box without the need to root and push .so files to /system/lib?
- Can anyone bring the gallery's photo editor to life?

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305) with rooted stock Android 4.1 and Nexus 4 camera / gallery working before.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gulbrillo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gulbrillo Ad-Free
2nd November 2013, 11:16 AM |#2  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulbrillo

After I just saw, that KitKat's AOSP Gallery is supposed to feature an awesome photo editor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOs0vLY6FvA
I tried to install the Nexus 5 Camera and Gallery APKs.

Camera: http://goo.gl/VEBuiq
Gallery: http://goo.gl/a2QHTA

Interesting enough, camera and gallery are now separate APKs. I was running the 4.3 versions before, but had to hack the camera so it runs on my i9305, and system libs filtershow_filters, mosaic, and lightcycle were required.
These APKs seem to run without root (?), and I was just able to install them like any other regular APK. I'm not sure though if that would be the case if I hadn't the 4.3 versions installed before.

Bugs:
- Gallery's photo editor FCs (damn)
- Camera's photo sphere does not work in portrait mode (but is fine in landscape)

Improvements:
- Camera's flash finally flashes at the same time the picture is taken. ^^

Questions:
- Is it true that camera and gallery are working out of the box without the need to root and push .so files to /system/lib?
- Can anyone bring the gallery's photo editor to life?

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305) with rooted stock Android 4.1 and Nexus 4 camera / gallery working before.

good job
The Following User Says Thank You to =-= For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift =-= Ad-Free
3rd November 2013, 12:41 AM |#3  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 2,270

More
OK let's see I have had this camera on my phone since 4.4 dump was up.. I have i9305 running latest cm10.2... Camera needs the libs for panorama and photosphere to work properly. I don't have problem with camera it works perfect... I'll get back to u with gallery

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Yeah gallery doesn't work. Theres gotta be something missing that is failing to load

3rd November 2013, 01:22 AM |#4  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 2,270

More
The only problem I found with the camera. I took a picture last night in the dark. The picture took and the flash worked but the picture was pretty much like taking a pic with a phone backlight

troobadu
3rd November 2013, 09:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Camera still requires libs. You can download it here and copy it to /system/lib (chmod 644). Gallery editor still not working. If anyone knows how to make it work, do update. Thanks.
4th November 2013, 07:41 AM |#6  
GER - NRW
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i9300, SlimBean 4.2.2: Taking Photos, Photosphere (Portrait and Landscape) works (including libs from x86phre3x)
Viewing Photosphere is only possible as photo, the photosphere button shows no reaction
5th November 2013, 08:53 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,459

More
I hope you find a fix for Camera's photo sphere in portrait mode soon
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ra2fet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ra2fet Ad-Free
5th November 2013, 10:13 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unrar and put this in system/lib/
Attached Files
File Type: rar Librerias de la Camara.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.14 MB, 19314 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PajaroviL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PajaroviL Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 02:22 PM |#9  
Flag Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajaroviL

Unrar and put this in system/lib/

Don't want to trip my KNOX counter on the Note 3 and really want the 4.4 camera to work with photosphere, any chance someone can create an APK to include additions to system/lib?
7th November 2013, 04:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
so anyone can make the photo editor work with galaxys3
7th November 2013, 06:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 823

Donate to Me
More
hope somebody can make the camera with flashable zip file so that no need put the lib file manually @@
The Following User Says Thank You to IamIrene For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IamIrene Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, camera, gallery, kitkat, photosphere

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)