I tried to install the Nexus 5 Camera and Gallery APKs.
Interesting enough, camera and gallery are now separate APKs. I was running the 4.3 versions before, but had to hack the camera so it runs on my i9305, and system libs filtershow_filters, mosaic, and lightcycle were required.
These APKs seem to run without root (?), and I was just able to install them like any other regular APK. I'm not sure though if that would be the case if I hadn't the 4.3 versions installed before.
- Gallery's photo editor FCs (damn)
- Camera's photo sphere does not work in portrait mode (but is fine in landscape)
- Camera's flash finally flashes at the same time the picture is taken. ^^
- Is it true that camera and gallery are working out of the box without the need to root and push .so files to /system/lib?
- Can anyone bring the gallery's photo editor to life?
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305) with rooted stock Android 4.1 and Nexus 4 camera / gallery working before.