[SYSTEM][Themers] Themers please read! - VillainTheme Theme System

Search This thread

Arkanius

Mar 26, 2010
I have the same problema as mariotme
Whenever I apply a theme with CWM 6.0.1.4, nothing gets installed.

dweber81

Feb 23, 2011
I have always been wondering what makes different country phones not function the same for different rom. I mean they are the same phone but different model numbers. Is it a language thing?

Yes I was aware you used it, may I suggest you change your thread name to [VRT] rather than just putting VRT in the general name?

This post was more to let other people know, as far as I can see you are the only person to use this system on their s3 themes.

Reactions: donothurtme

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Could you pls add this: http://teamw.in/VRThemes (I know it is more or less present at the already linked thread, but no one seems to care, maybe this way it gets more attention) to your initial post, it's a pain that we are forced to use a Cwm based recovery just because most themers use the dynamic linked binary.
Especially because there are no real drawbacks by using this binary except of a 50kb bigger package size (still works like a charm on Cwm based recoveries, but on Twrp as well).

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

stangdriver44

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Hmmm I have been using this for a long time but the recovery compatibility is quite disturbing, I might make one similiar to this but compatible with any recovery, I figured out how to do already!

If you have something that is compatible with any recovery PLEASE share!! I know I could use it and put it to use. Thank you

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Vr template is a wonderful thing. Highly recommended :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attention themers, I would like to (re)draw your attentions to the VillainTheme system that launched earlier this year.

Full information can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207017

Basically this is a theme system where you make your theme following the above guidelines and update.zip method and then your theme can theoretically be applied on any phone and on any rom.

This should save you a heck of a lot of time in making different versions for different things, and also means that your theme can be used by a far wider range of people.

Please give a lot of consideration to using this.

When it first launched it had quite an impact, but however since then it seems to have been somewhat forgotten, and new themers have missed it altogether.
    are you sure? how come flashing Vertumus JB DOMINATION v1.3.1 theme on CWM 6.0.1.2 on the Galaxy S3 doesn't apply anything after flashing it and it only takes 3 seconds to say its complete.

Yeah, flashed a bunch of raubkatze´s themes. You can find his thread in Int. Themes and Apps Section :laugh:
    Could you pls add this: http://teamw.in/VRThemes (I know it is more or less present at the already linked thread, but no one seems to care, maybe this way it gets more attention) to your initial post, it's a pain that we are forced to use a Cwm based recovery just because most themers use the dynamic linked binary.
    Especially because there are no real drawbacks by using this binary except of a 50kb bigger package size (still works like a charm on Cwm based recoveries, but on Twrp as well).

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
    I first realised this existed when I came to the SGS3. This is something that had been missing from the HTC desire world. I don't think anyone there knows about this.

IMHO this is a game changer! Great stuff.

If/when I theme, I will definitely use this.
    I have always been wondering what makes different country phones not function the same for different rom. I mean they are the same phone but different model numbers. Is it a language thing?

Yes I was aware you used it, may I suggest you change your thread name to [VRT] rather than just putting VRT in the general name?

This post was more to let other people know, as far as I can see you are the only person to use this system on their s3 themes.