[7.1.2][11 Aug] RR 5.8.4

Search This thread
I made a clean install with opengapps aroma before first boot.
All works.

But
- flashing an other zip or
- changing app status to system app

made the wifi function unusable...

I don't know, how I can fix it. I tried the WiFi fix apk from xda, but nothing works.

It's necessary for me to systemize apps and flash zips...

Any changing in /system seems to damage the WiFi function.
But I couldn't fix it...

Other issue the Google phone dialer is invisible after press "dial". The number pad is not usable.

After deleting cache it's working. But after a while there is the same problem.

I would capture a syslog, but I must backup before test zip or systemize app. And regularly I must restore the system backup with working WiFi.

Is there any option to secure the completely settings from the rom? (customizing, app settings, sounds, etc)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Labs

I made a clean install with opengapps aroma before first boot.
All works.

But
- flashing an other zip or
- changing app status to system app

made the wifi function unusable...

I don't know, how I can fix it. I tried the WiFi fix apk from xda, but nothing works.

It's necessary for me to systemize apps and flash zips...

Any changing in /system seems to damage the WiFi function.
But I couldn't fix it...

Other issue the Google phone dialer is invisible after press "dial". The number pad is not usable.

After deleting cache it's working. But after a while there is the same problem.

I would capture a syslog, but I must backup before test zip or systemize app. And regularly I must restore the system backup with working WiFi.

Is there any option to secure the completely settings from the rom? (customizing, app settings, sounds, etc)

Are you 100% sure your mobile has baseband+lte modem+3g modem ALL same versions? Same Samsung datecode? If they don't match you'll have problems like you described.

Just in case is better you flash them again, synchronized ones.

See my old post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-active/development/7-1-1-rr-5-8-0-t3541969/post70761937

Last edited:
Reactions: Saalschlacht

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170530-201753.png
    Screenshot_20170530-201753.png
    219 KB · Views: 135
Here is a Screenshot.

This does NOT guarantee. You don't know about lte modem, what is responsible for wifi problems when not matching.

As I wrote, read all links that I pointed. There you'll see:

"If you mess up and flash unmatched version BL or LTE:
[emoji33]
=WiFi will not work
=sound trouble
=network certificates get borked

GSM version:
System, About phone, Baseband version

BL version:
Terminal or ADB command 'getprop ro.bootloader'

LTE version:
No known method to identify what you have currently. Best guess is the stock original Samsung firmware last installed. Other option is last flashed non-hlos.bin"

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

To be in the safe side:

Backup your imei with the tools I linked before and store it elsewhere. (sometimes Samsung mobiles loose imei when playing with falsh/custom rom and then mobile will not work anymore for voice/4g)

Flash with Odin the newest stock ROM from sammobile website for your country and not tied to any carrier.

Optionally do some tests just to be sure bluetooth, wifi, voice and 4g are working fine. (no hardware or configuration problems)

Then flash newest twrp with Odin.

Then flash custom ROM zip with twrp.
Optionally flash opengapps.org zip with twrp.
Reboot.

This way you will be fine on baseband, modem, and so. Rom+gapps flashing on twrp does not affect them.

Last edited:

sugengriyadin

Mar 15, 2017
Please give me more detailed information:
- Which handsfree device do you use? (manufacturer, model number)
- Which channel is dead? (right or left)
- Do you use a equaliser or another app for sound optimisation?
- What's with system sounds? Is it the same problem? (If not: Which app do you use for playing music?)
- Can you try another device? Is it ok there?
- I used original samsung handsfree that came with phone(S4 active)
- right channel dead, buttons on handsfree; mute, vol up and down also not working
- I'm not using any app for optimisation.
- Anything comes out from the phone speaker was normal, eg: music, notifications, calls, alarms
- I used music app from the rr.583
- When playing music it can only raise to a half bar. More than a half it produces high pitch
- I already try the handsfree on another phone and its work fine. I dont know its because SW or HW on my phone. Help me please..:crying::crying:

Last edited:

masdaster

- I used original samsung handsfree that came with phone(S4 active)
- right channel dead, buttons on handsfree; mute, vol up and down also not working
- I'm not using any app for optimisation.
- Anything comes out from the phone speaker was normal, eg: music, notifications, calls, alarms
- I used music app from the rr.583
- When playing music it can only raise to a half bar. More than a half it produces high pitch
- I already try the handsfree on another phone and its work fine. I dont know its because SW or HW on my phone. Help me please..:crying::crying:

I thought, you are using a bluetooth device. So I told you, that you need a A2DP compatible headset. Sorry for missunderstanding you.

Can you please install the app called "SoundAbout" and tell me, which headphones type is recognized? You can find the type in the notification of SoundAbout after the first run.
If the headphones are recognized correctly, the type should be "Wired Headset (with Mic)".
Then try to change the type by setting it to "Wired Headset" or to "Wired Headset (with Mic)" (depending on the recognized type). Just open SoundAbout, select "Media audio" and choose the desired type.
Please tell me, what you found out.

Reactions: kostarum

Torment78

Aug 12, 2011
Some one else then me that seen that the latest build eats battery like a boss other wise it seems great

pedramtt

May 3, 2010
I,m using the non SIDE kernel and it uses batter when the phone is turned off and the battery is in the phone
from 100 to 15 % after a week
unless I remove the battery
hows the phone uses my battery when its turned off

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

hope for a good build with Resurection Remix
its more than a month and no new build !!
thanks anyway ivancristina for the works
Im in dout to go for the new SIDE kernel cuz every thing works well for me except the battery drain when the phone is completely turned off
im still in RR-N-v5.8.2-20170329-jactivelte.zip

zap_42

Aug 22, 2015
Munich
Some one else then me that seen that the latest build eats battery like a boss other wise it seems great

Same here... I face an enormous drain of battery with little usage of the phone :confused:. According to GSamBattery, the Kernel was the culprit....

Matthias.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170609-164815.png
    Screenshot_20170609-164815.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20170609-165754.png
    Screenshot_20170609-165754.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 219

Torment78

Aug 12, 2011
Same here... I face an enormous drain of battery with little usage of the phone :confused:. According to GSamBattery, the Kernel was the culprit....

Matthias.
Have you gotten it down now, I even tried super extreme power saver mode
Didn't help much :laugh:
Maybe I can mess around in kernel auditer

pedramtt

May 3, 2010
I was told Ivancristina to build a non SIDE kernel
nothing yet maybe later
can we add RR 5.8.3 to tsvelotkav build is this difficult ?

Torment78

Aug 12, 2011
I have now fiddly abit closing all resent apps helps and putting on power saving mode helps a bit sleep mode in the pocket works good had a 8 % drop in 5 hours but as soon as doing any thing its like some one opened the drain valve

Hey, everyone. Does this work with the AT&T version? And what recovery are you using with the I537? Thanks a lot!

As far as I know i537 has a locked bootloader, hasn't it? Read threads about it here in xda.
If so, you can not change recovery. Thus impossible to flash custom rom (maybe Flashfire an option?)
Anyway, this RR here is for I9295 only, check 1st post.

IvanCristina

Dec 13, 2014
Catania
Have you gotten it down now, I even tried super extreme power saver mode
Weird, in terminal try
Code:
su
setenforce 1
setenforce 0
Hey, everyone. Does this work with the AT&T version? And what recovery are you using with the I537? Thanks a lot!
Ehmmmm... Nope. Locked bootloader = pain in the ass. Sorry

zagi988

May 16, 2010
Zapresic
Sony Xperia XZ1
I have no problem with battery... lasts for the whole day of normal usage.
That means data is on, WhatsApp working, checking facebook, twitter and a few apps and widgets that I have running like barometer (reads atmospheric pressure from phone's sensor) and weather widget that connects to the internet every hour. I'll do my best to build a non-side version ASAP, for you who think Side kernel is the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shapes512.png
    iMzzicp.png

CHECK OUR ROMS ON OUR NEW WEBSITE

HOW TO BUILD

Considering that I'm a student, I will not have many time for building. Everything is open source, so you can build it by yourself.
    Building is not difficult at all, but the guides on XDA are almost everytime uncomplete or wrong. I made a step-by-step (from setting up your machine to the building process itslef) N00bproof Guide on How To Build any CM14.1 or CM14.1 Based. You can find it on XDA or on my Github Page

Code:
    [SIZE=3]I am not responsible if you brick your devices or other issues.
    Do some research if you have any concerns about features in.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Feature requests are always welcome and if you have a Github commit,
    that'll be a plus but report a bug without logs and I'll simply ignore them.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix has been based on CM, slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds which creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Credits

LOS, RR, OMNI, SLIMROMS, crDroid, TeslaRom, AICP Teams, and of course to all the supporters
    Huge thanks to @side for his kernel sources, @pchatzop and @zagi988 for their great help and @tsvetkov_vlad for his massive work

Main Features

All the RR customizations and bla, bla, bla... These ROMs are always more the same sh*t

Download

My AndroidFileHost - Latest build is 18 June. Latest Side build is 30 June.
    Bruno's Google Drive - Latest build is 11 August.
    Check out the changelogs in the post below

Installation Instructions

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Recommended (not mandatory) - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash the downloaded Rom.
    - Restart and boot into the system and then restart again into recovery.
    - Flash Gapps and other zip you would want to flash.
    - Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix OS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

Contributors
    LuckyNuke1310, zagi988, side
    Source Code: https://github.com/JactiveLTEam

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Modem and Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-11
    Beta Release Date: 2017-06-30

Created 2017-01-20
    Last Updated 2017-10-08
    RR Changelog

Changelog

LOCAL CHANGELOG

If you'd like to see the full changelog, check out our Kernel, Device Configuration, JF Common Device Configuration, Vendor, Bluetooth, ANT and even the Setting App repos commits.

20 January
    : First build with LineageOS sources

10 February: Updated to 5.8.1, OMS support
    11 February: Fixed camera reverting blob commits
    17 February: First build with side kernel and STweaks support
    20 February: Updated to 5.8.2, reverter to jf kernel
    23 February: Fixed SIM bug && ThermalEngine error
    27 February: February security patches, fixed dialer fc
    12 April: Quiet "KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING" boot message, security patches from LOS team
    9 May: Updated to 5.8.3, side kernel, May security patch, Wifi bug fixed
    18 June: June security patch, updated LineageOS sources, kernel CVE fixes
    11 August: Updated to 5.8.4, August security patch
    Ok, so... I've installed the ROM on my phone.
    Everything works and these are the "bugs" that I've noticed after short testing:
    1. Wi-Fi works when you shut down your phone after first boot and turn it back on
    2. Camera recording works fine, records properly but in app (Camera app) recording (preview) is 4:3 and pixelated. Final video looks great.
    3. Nothing more so far... will be thoroughly testing it in a few days...
    CORRECTION: TODAY'S BUILD USE JF KERNEL, NOT SIDE.

It means it's more stable, but less power efficient. Sorry for the mistake, but I'm busy with lots of exams and I made a mess.

By the way, zagi confirmed everything works, so no problem.
    New build with Side will probably get builded tomorrow.

Good night
    New version will be on AFH in a moment...
    It has Magisk built in, with stock LOS kernel and added smartassH3 governor.
    Check it out, FULL WIPE recommended, NO DIRTY FLASH.

build date: 20170314