LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
* Your warranty is now void. * * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * A lot. A very lot. MUAHAHAHAHAH (ok I'll stop).
- RIL(2G,3G,4G,SMS,Incoming/Outgoing calls)
- Audio Playback
- IR Blaster
- Video Playback
- Audio Recording
Not Working :
- Some FC's
Not Tested :
- Download and install latest official TWRP
- Download the latest build and gapps(Pico Gapps is recommended)
- Reboot to TWRP
- Create buckup
- Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik
- Flash the latest build and gapps
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Modem and Bootloader
Based On: LineageOS
Beta Release Date: 2017-11-27
Last Updated 2018-05-17