Search This thread

mahferer

Oct 4, 2013
Battery drain

Battery drain too fast.. On 442 was 10-11 hours. On 501 7-8 hours.. :(

In 5.day..

Rootnub

Mar 8, 2015
THANKS TO ALL!!! Works like a charm. Now running Lollipop with PhilZ Touch and full root. Knox still at 0x0.

Files I Used:
Newest Samsung USB driver for mobile phones I could find.
http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117#none
Odin v3.07-3.10 probably works. As previously posted here v3.09 seems to work well though.
http://androidhost.org/PVAIv
The firmware link posted here is the same as SamMobile's and is a much faster download.
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/b0bcdc0542ce/I9295XXUDOB4_I9295NEEDOB4_NEE.zip
The version of PhilZ Touch Custom Recovery posted here works as well.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByEZDplbxwxJVW54a1QzNHVXZ3c&usp=sharing
The patched version of SuperSU mentioned also works for rooting phone.
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3192716&d=1425407394

Preflash Setup:
Download or Move all file's above to a Windows PC. (Mine runs 8.1 x64.)
Install the USB driver onto the PC. (Check Programs and Features to confirm install.)
Then unpack Odin folder and files to an accessible location. (I use the Desktop.)
Extract the .tar.md5 file from the I9295XXUDOB4_I9295NEEDOB4_NEE.zip.
Place the firmware and PhilZ Touch .tar.md5 files in the same location as Odin.
Leave the SuperSU files zipped up.

Update Firmware:
If running stock firmware, backup important files/apps from phone, then do a factory reset. (Helps prevent a bootloop.)
If on a custom firmware boot into recovery mode. Then wipe cache, dalvik cache, and data. (Usually power/volume up pressed together.)
In phone turn on USB Debugging under Settings/More/Developer Options.
Remove the SIM cards. (Not really necessary, better safe than sorry.)
Now open the Odin folder and run Odin.x.xx.exe. (Right click and run as an Administrator.)
Boot phone into download mode. (Usually power/volume down pressed together.)
Connect your phone's USB to the PC.. Make sure Odin recognises your phone. (Com port will turn blue.)
In Odin click on the AP tab. Navigate to and select the newly extracted firmware .tar.md5 file. (Check the "Auto-Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" tabs only.)
Click the Start tab to begin the flashing process. (Do not unplug the USB or power off the PC or Phone during flash.)
When the flash has completed you will see PASS in the Progress Window. Let the phone do a full reboot before moving on to the next step.

Custom Recovery/Root:
Using USB connection move the SuperSU zip file from the PC to thr phone's storage. (I prefer to put it on the Micro SD card.)
Then just as before, open the Odin folder and run Odin.x.xx.exe. (Right click and run as an Administrator.)
Reboot phone back into download mode. (Usually power/volume down pressed together.)
Connect your phone's USB to the PC.. Make sure Odin recognises your phone. (Com port will turn blue.)
In Odin click on the AP tab and select the PhilZ Touch tar.md5 file. (This time check only the "F.Reset Time" tab)
Click the Start tab to begin the flashing process. (Do not unplug the USB or power off the PC or Phone during flash.)
Wait for the flash to complete. Then power down the phone manually while the USB is still pluged in. (Press and hold power till the phone shuts down.)
This time reboot the phone directly into recovery mode. (Usually power/volume up pressed together.)
Once the phone is in recovery mode select the Install From Zip option. Navigate to the SuperSU zip file and Install it.
Once completed just click the Reboot Now option. That's it, once booted you should have full root access.

GENERAL INFO
Manufacturer: samsung
Brand: samsung
Phone Model: GT-I9295
Device Type: jactivelte
Product Name: jactiveltexx
Country of Origin: MADE IN VIETNAM
Manufacturing Date: 2013.08.17
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0

CSC INFO
Original CSC Code: NEE
Firmware's CSC Code: NEE
Active CSC Code: NEE
CSC Country: Nordic
CSC Country ISO: SE
Product Code: GT-I9295ZALNEE

FIRMWARE INFO
Bootloader Version: I9295XXUDOB4
Baseband Version: I9295XXUDOB4
PDA Version: I9295XXUDOB4
CSC Version: I9295NEEDOB4

OS INFO
Changelist: 4101211
Build Number: LRX22C.I9295XXUDOB4 (I9295XXUDOB4)
Build Fingerprint: samsung/jactiveltexx/jactivelte:5.0.1/LRX22C/I9295XXUDOB4:user/release-keys
Build Description: jactiveltexx-user 5.0.1 LRX22C I9295XXUDOB4 release-keys
Build Date: Mon Feb 16 17:14:00 KST 2015
Android Version: 5.0.1
Any help with this? I downloaded all the links you provided for compatibility. But, Odin 3.09 fails to apply the firmware update every time. Here's the log:
<ID:0/021> Added!!
<ID:0/021> Removed!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9295XXUDOB4_I9295NEEDOB4_I9295XXUDOB4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/021> Odin v.3 engine (ID:21)..
<ID:0/021> File analysis..
<ID:0/021> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/021> Initialzation..
<ID:0/021> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/021> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/021> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/021> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/021> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/021> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/021> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/021> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/021> tz.mbn
<ID:0/021> boot.img
<ID:0/021> recovery.img
<ID:0/021> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/021> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Brand new, out of the box phone, only thing I did differently was apply the 5.0.1 update through wifi. Is that a problem?

Edit: I made a backup, but my phone is no longer showing up on Kies. Did... did I just brick a 300€ phone that I haven't even begun to pay for?
EDIT: NEVERMIND FOR NOW! After several attempts, it went through... continuing to follow the guide, will post updates...
Final edit: OK, I got it now. Full root access and all! This was kinda useless post, but I panicked pretty bad when my phone got temporarily bricked. For what it's worth, if anyone is having the same problem as me; I disabled virus protection and firewall, and then Odin was able to go through with flashing the firmware.

Thanks for the guide, it works!

Last edited:
Reactions: tofanpc and ANX13TY

hussamallam

Mar 8, 2015
Hi
I am still using Android 4.2.2 because in my country still didn't get the KitKat 4.4.2
please can I update my phone using Odin to android 5.0.1
I am from Egypt
And my phone ver.:

AP:I9295XXUBML3
CSC:I9295OJVBML1
CP:I9295XXUBML3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-18-15-54-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-18-15-54-14.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

ANX13TY

Jun 9, 2013
Hammond
Any help with this? I downloaded all the links you provided for compatibility. But, Odin 3.09 fails to apply the firmware update every time. Here's the log:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Brand new, out of the box phone, only thing I did differently was apply the 5.0.1 update through wifi. Is that a problem?

Edit: I made a backup, but my phone is no longer showing up on Kies. Did... did I just brick a 300€ phone that I haven't even begun to pay for?
EDIT: NEVERMIND FOR NOW! After several attempts, it went through... continuing to follow the guide, will post updates...
Final edit: OK, I got it now. Full root access and all! This was kinda useless post, but I panicked pretty bad when my phone got temporarily bricked. For what it's worth, if anyone is having the same problem as me; I disabled virus protection and firewall, and then Odin was able to go through with flashing the firmware.

:cool:
Good to know. I'm sure we all appreciate your feedback. I'll edit my guide to include your tips about disabling virus protection and firewall before atempting the flash.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Hi
I am still using Android 4.2.2 because in my country still didn't get the KitKat 4.4.2
please can I update my phone using Odin to android 5.0.1
I am from Egypt
And my phone ver.:

AP:I9295XXUBML3
CSC:I9295OJVBML1
CP:I9295XXUBML3

As far as I know as long as you have the GT-I9295, yes. The region should not matter. I live in the United States and my phone came new with stock JB 4.2.2 (TTT). Since then I've used Odin to flash it to KK 4.4.2 (PHN) and now to LP 5.0.1 (NEE) both with full root and Knox 0x0.

Last edited:

shienaer

Mar 8, 2015
Can't get the custom recovery mode installed

THANKS TO ALL!!! Works like a charm. Now running Lollipop with PhilZ Touch and full root. Knox still at 0x0.

Files I Used:
Odin v3.07-3.10 probably works. As previously posted here v3.09 seems to work well though.
The firmware link posted here is the same as SamMobile's and is a much faster download.

Preflash Setup:
Install the USB driver onto the PC. (Check Programs and Features to confirm install.)
Then unpack Odin folder and files to an accessible location. (I use the Desktop.)
Disable all virus protection and firewalls on the PC. (It seems to help prevent interruptions that may cause the flash to fail.)

Update Firmware:
If running stock firmware, backup important files/apps from phone, then do a factory reset. (Helps prevent a bootloop.)
If on a custom firmware boot into recovery mode. Then wipe cache, dalvik cache, and data. (Usually power/volume up pressed together.)
Now open the Odin folder and run Odin.x.xx.exe. (Right click and run as an Administrator.)
In Odin click on the AP tab. Navigate to and select the newly extracted firmware .tar.md5 file. (Check the "Auto-Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" tabs only.)
When the flash has completed you will see PASS in the Progress Window. Let the phone do a full reboot before moving on to the next step.

Custom Recovery/Root:
Using USB connection move the SuperSU zip file from the PC to thr phone's storage. (I prefer to put it on the Micro SD card.)
Then just as before, open the Odin folder and run Odin.x.xx.exe. (Right click and run as an Administrator.)
Reboot phone back into download mode. (Usually power/volume down pressed together.)
In Odin click on the AP tab and select the PhilZ Touch tar.md5 file. (This time check only the "F.Reset Time" tab)
Wait for the flash to complete. Then power down the phone manually while the USB is still pluged in. (Press and hold power till the phone shuts down.)
This time reboot the phone directly into recovery mode. (Usually power/volume up pressed together.)
Once the phone is in recovery mode select the Install From Zip option. Navigate to the SuperSU zip file and Install it.
Once completed just click the Reboot Now option. That's it, once booted you should have full root access.

GENERAL INFO

CSC INFO

FIRMWARE INFO

OS INFO
Build Fingerprint: samsung/jactiveltexx/jactivelte:5.0.1/LRX22C/I9295XXUDOB4:user/release-keys

Yeah, so as my title said, I can't get the recovery mode flashed to my device for rooting.
Installed 5.0.1 and it worked like a charm. Then I tried to flash the philz recovery and Odin says it passed, but once I try to enter the mode, nothing happens. It just goes black and restarts to charging mode..
I even tried the CWM recovery, but it does the same thing. I followed your guide thoroughly and did every step you wrote, but it still doesn't boot to the custom recovery mode, only the normal one..
Any idea if I can root my device without a custom recovery flashed?

Thanks for your help so far!

ANX13TY

Jun 9, 2013
Hammond
Yeah, so as my title said, I can't get the recovery mode flashed to my device for rooting.
Installed 5.0.1 and it worked like a charm. Then I tried to flash the philz recovery and Odin says it passed, but once I try to enter the mode, nothing happens. It just goes black and restarts to charging mode..
I even tried the CWM recovery, but it does the same thing. I followed your guide thoroughly and did every step you wrote, but it still doesn't boot to the custom recovery mode, only the normal one..
Any idea if I can root my device without a custom recovery flashed?

Thanks for your help so far!

When I boot my phone into recovery mode I press and hold the power and volume up keys at the same time. At the Samsung boot screen you should see some writing in the upper left corner indicating that recovery mode has initiated. At this time release the power key and continue to hold the volume up key till the custom recovery screen appears. Also I've seen some people say they use the power, home, and volume up keys... all though I've never had to do that. Good luck.

Reactions: O-T

shienaer

Mar 8, 2015
Got it..

When I boot my phone into recovery mode I press and hold the power and volume up keys at the same time. At the Samsung boot screen you should see some writing in the upper left corner indicating that recovery mode has initiated. At this time release the power key and continue to hold the volume up key till the custom recovery screen appears. Also I've seen some people say they use the power, home, and volume up keys... all though I've never had to do that. Good luck.

Haha, yeah, it's vol up - home - power button for me. Turns out I was just too hasty or too slow for the recovery mode activate.. Got it working now!
Thank you so much for your time!

hussamallam

Mar 8, 2015
:cool:
Good to know. I'm sure we all appreciate your feedback. I'll edit my guide to include your tips about disabling virus protection and firewall before atempting the flash.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

As far as I know as long as you have the GT-I9295, yes. The region should not matter. I live in the United States and my phone came new with stock JB 4.2.2 (TTT). Since then I've used Odin to flash it to KK 4.4.2 (PHN) and now to LP 5.0.1 (NEE) both with full root and Knox 0x0.

Thank you for your fast answer
I gonna try it soon

O-T

Sep 28, 2010

Feel free to pick advise to enter download mode to perform successful Odin flash every time flashing bootloader modem firmware...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56955843
...And a lot of other questions answered regarding flashing. Like how to successfully flash custom recovery 1st time over factory recovery.

Most trouble reported from badly flash attempts originate from reboot to enter download mode. Must power completely Off first.
You are right about pointless Home key pressing to enter Recovery and Download mode. Standing on one leg has about the same effect as holding Home button :p
Blame sammobile outdated/generic guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: ANX13TY

mahferer

Oct 4, 2013
critical video bug on 501

Web video freeze on 20.second !!!

I used dolphin jet pack flash..

tofanpc

Aug 25, 2008
Bistrita
Web video freeze on 20.second !!!

I used dolphin jet pack flash..

no problem in playing videos in youtube player or in browsers (chrome, opera and default). Over 4GB in youtube videos played by my daughter and no problem.

any details/links for videos to test them?

LE: indeed videos are freezing in dolphin browser but in chrome the same video is working. don't think it's a rom related bug. maybe dolphin browser requires some work/patch for lollipop

Last edited:

ANX13TY

Jun 9, 2013
Hammond
Feel free to pick advise to enter download mode to perform successful Odin flash every time flashing bootloader modem firmware...
...And a lot of other questions answered regarding flashing. Like how to successfully flash custom recovery 1st time over factory recovery.

Most trouble reported from badly flash attempts originate from reboot to enter download mode. Must power completely Off first.
You are right about pointless Home key pressing to enter Recovery and Download mode. Standing on one leg has about the same effect as holding Home button :p
Blame sammobile outdated/generic guide.

Great guide!
I've added a link to it in my post.

YoYoStevo

Sep 15, 2014
Awesome to see an official firmware update, I've been having a few problems with the custom ones.

I'm from Australia, would that matter because the official update is for Finland?

This may seem like a noob question, I'll lose all my data right? Because when flashing new custom rom updates I don't lose them, so just double checking. :)

wolfbronko

Oct 28, 2013
Belgrade
Everything works perfectly. Only thing that I notice is a battery percentage buging. After full charging and using quite time it goes on , let's say 88%. Than, if I left it for some time in deep sleep, batt goes up, 90 % or something. It is not a big deal for me and also maybe it is time to replace OEM batt with new one cause it has almost 1000 recharging cycles . Everything else works like greased. :D

VIPNobie

Jun 22, 2011
Cool, Hope to see a US, official upgrade.

Or does it even mater ? Dont need my data and wifi to break.
As long as your device model number is i9295 and not i537, you can flash this.

Awesome to see an official firmware update, I've been having a few problems with the custom ones.

I'm from Australia, would that matter because the official update is for Finland?

This may seem like a noob question, I'll lose all my data right? Because when flashing new custom rom updates I don't lose them, so just double checking. :)
No, it won't matter. I'm from the Philippines and this has worked fine for me. I didn't lose my photos/videos but all the apps have been deleted. Just to be sure, have a complete backup of your device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Files I Used:

Preflash Setup:
    Disable all virus protection and firewalls on the PC. (It seems to help prevent interruptions that may cause the flash to fail.)

Update Firmware:

Custom Recovery/Root:

Note:
    If you are unfamiliar with using Odin or booting into recovery or download modes please post your questions. We were all in your shoes at some point. There are no stupid questions.

An excellent guide to get you started can be found here.

GENERAL INFO

CSC INFO

FIRMWARE INFO

OS INFO
    [/COLOR]
    Can anyone please put this file in a faster mirror?
    The speed is only 50 kb/s and there are 9 hours reamainin' . Can anyone post in a fast mirror?
    Thanks ^^. Somenoe already tested the firmware?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks is for the Russians!
    galaxy-s4-lollipop.jpg

Model: GT-I9295

Product Code: NEE

PDA: I9295XXUDOB4

CSC: I9295NEEDOB4

Modem: I9295XXUDOB4

Instructions

1.Download Odin 3.10
    2. Download the Firmware of course.
    3. Extract the Firmware/Zip
    4. Boot your device into Flash mode/Download mode (Vol Down + Home + Power Button)
    5. Open Odin and Put those extracted files there. In Odin, make sure the “Re-Partition” option is not ticked.
    6. SMASH THAT START BUTTON AND MAKE A CUP OF TEA WHILE WAITING.
    IT'S DONE WHEN YOU FINISHED YOUR CUP OF TEA

Files I Used:

Preflash Setup:

Update Firmware:

Custom Recovery/Root:

GENERAL INFO

CSC INFO

FIRMWARE INFO

OS INFO
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..

yey!

Successfully updated my i9295 from 4.2.2 straight to 5.0.1, which I was a bit uneasy about at first. I'm in Australia and this worked a treat. I had a few hiccups that a few reboots fixed. I didn't have to re-flash, I just rebooted. I didn't get the wifi dropout issue. Though I think the phone got a bit confused at one point since I use hangouts for SMS' and it suddenly wouldn't send any sms through hangouts or the native messages app. But again, I just rebooted and it righted itself.

If in doubt, reboot :D I read through this entire thread first though so I knew what I was getting into, and thanks to everyone for sharing their issues.