Originally Posted by MiZoSpaDe
another question does this make me lose my warranty if i upgraded from 4.2.2 to 5.0.1 mine is egy version which is still on jellybean -_- .. also does this rom support arabic reading + writing ?
You won't lose your warranty as this is an official firmware. It has support for arabic language.
Successfully flashed the rom over CM12. Everything's working including WiFi, Mobile data, etc. I didn't lose any files; all my photos and videos are still there. However, you will lose your app data so better make a backup. If anyone's curious, here are the steps that I followed.
1. Download the firmware from sammobile. (Click
2. Extract the downloaded file.
3. Run Odin (I used v3.09) as an Administrator.
4. If you're on a custom rom, reboot into recovery. Wipe user data and cache.
5. Reboot into Download mode.
6. Connect your phone via USB. Wait for the necessary drivers to install until Odin detects your phone.
7. Click on AP then browse to the extracted .tar.md5 file. Only Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked.
8. Click Start and wait for everything to finish.
9. Once you see a PASS, you can now unplug your phone.