1,869 posts
Thanks Meter: 676

By Devo7v, Senior Member on 2nd August 2014, 04:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th August 2014, 04:37 PM |#11  
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 261

More
How do I know which firmware I'm using. I recently just got this Samsung S4 Active with root but I really want to upgrade to the 4.4.2 update. I do have recovery mode working finally. Just need a pointer on which one I should download.
17th August 2014, 07:35 PM |#12  
Flag Dunn, NC
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Menu, settings, more, then about phone. Scroll through to see your phone's info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I357 using Tapatalk 2
18th August 2014, 08:42 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

For any update process, make sure to back up anything you don’t want to lose to an external SD card or source. Many of the updates will completely wipe the phone taking your back to the way the phone was when it came out of the box. Once everything has been backed up, remove the SD card and SIM card from your phone and follow the steps below.

Remove the SIM? Never did that before- last update was from update.zip which was actually ON the SD card. Is this just an extra precaution for the fragile 'secure element' cards?
18th August 2014, 11:30 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Washington, D.C.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by APeter001

Remove the SIM? Never did that before- last update was from update.zip which was actually ON the SD card. Is this just an extra precaution for the fragile 'secure element' cards?

Exactly. Odds are that there won't be any problems, but when using Odin (a very powerful program) it never hurts to be overly cautious. I'm sure there are people out there that say nothing bad could possibly happen with the SIM card in, but I'd rather not take the chance. Ultimately it is up to the user, these are just my recommendations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Devo7v Ad-Free
29th August 2014, 01:34 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere... Are any roms able to run on the ne3 firmware, or should I downgrade? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
29th August 2014, 03:36 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Washington, D.C.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelle97

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere... Are any roms able to run on the ne3 firmware, or should I downgrade? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

This question doesn't belong in this thread, but yes there are plenty of ROMs that will run on SafeStrap with NE3 firmware. Please read through this thread, it will have the information you are looking for.
29th August 2014, 03:41 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
29th September 2014, 07:01 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Washington, D.C.

More
Added instructions to OP for NH3 firmware released on September 25, 2014.
12th October 2014, 06:37 AM |#19  
Flag Clearwater
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Odin will not see My S4 Active. Yes I have all the drivers, tried 3 computers and 10 cables. Odin and the computer see the phone just fine when NOT in download mode. Any help?
12th October 2014, 06:52 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Washington, D.C.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekamyenom

Odin will not see My S4 Active. Yes I have all the drivers, tried 3 computers and 10 cables. Odin and the computer see the phone just fine when NOT in download mode. Any help?

Uninstall Kies.
12th October 2014, 07:35 AM |#21  
Flag Clearwater
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Uninstall Kies.

Did that, and tried it on two computers that never had kies on them. I don't get this one.... has me stumped, I have used Odin on over 1000 devices, Never had one not seen by Odin in Download mode.

UPDATE:

After trying 3 different computers (windows XP & windows 7 64 & 32 bit, with Kies installed and without Kies installed), 12 different USB Ports, and 10 different cables at my house to NO AVAIL, just for a goof went to a friends house to try his computer (Windows 7 64 bit with Kies 2.6 & 3 installed), put the phone in download mode, connected it to his computer, with a random cable, opened Odin, and BOOM it showed up right away. I DON'T GET IT !!! WTF !! I have used Odin on no less than 1000 phones on my home PC with NO Problems, I try to hook this phone up to 3 different computers at my house (2 laptops and a PC), and Odin WOULD NOT see this phone. I am Stumped!

2nd update: After downgrading my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active from NH3 to NE3 my IMEI went to null/null, I had to repair it with my Otoplus box.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)