3,257 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,006

By muniz_ri, Senior Member on 22nd April 2015, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2018, 06:35 AM |#701  
Flag in the sky with diamonds
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks you guys! yesterday my phone was stuck on the ATT screen and now I'm up and running better than ever.
16th June 2019, 11:26 PM |#702  
Thanks Meter: 137

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josiahg52

Finally got OC7 5.0.1 LL rooted and deodexed running on my i537.

Successfully used ODIN 3.07 to go from MF3 4.2.2 to NE3 4.4.2 using the instructions in the Galaxy S4 Active Firmware/Guide Repository thread and then rooted with towelroot. I ran into problems when trying to go from NE3 to the OC6 and OC7 stock or otherwise. In the end I was able to go straight from NE3 to rooted and deodexed OC7.

I read every post in this thread. I tried many different ways, many different times and the only way I got it done was using the method detailed in post #681 by member sammnt! to setup for FlashFire (v.24 and manual date change) and then the basic steps of the OP and post #668 by member xddd00 and other posts between # 400 and #600 by members thisisapoorusernamechoice and Rick1684. There's a lot of information in the thread and those just a few of the ones that I distinctly remember.

I side loaded SuperSu 2.48 and FlashFire v.24 from their respective official websites and only connected to the internet to run towelroot. I did not ODIN the OC7 bootloader and did not select FlashFire to reboot into 'Download' instead leaving it on 'Normal'. It did take a bit and after so many failed flashes with it either hanging up at the AT&T splash screen forever or rebooting several times and then a bunch of "xxxx has stopped", etc. messages, I did get nervous the last time. I was patient and let it go and finally was greeted by the initial setup prompt for Lollipop.

I have not tested every aspect of the phone yet but so far so good. Wi-Fi is working fine and I can transfer files to and from via MTP and Bluetooth. Play Store, Titanium Backup and System App Remover are all working.

Did this still work? In other words, did the phone continually run good while doing your method?
16th June 2019, 11:34 PM |#703  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryspring

Did this still work? In other words, did the phone continually run good while doing your method?

Still using it to this day. No problems at all. The "Android is upgrading" message can be annoying but it seems to happen less often and even then, only when restarting or turning on the phone. That appears to be an Android version issue and not a result of the phone itself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josiahg52 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josiahg52 Ad-Free
17th June 2019, 01:39 AM |#704  
Thanks Meter: 137

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtweak0

From 4.4.2 this is the only thing that worked for me. Thank you!!

Yurais post works flawlessly. Just did it
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryspring For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerryspring Ad-Free
18th July 2019, 12:12 PM |#705  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

All I want to do is put 5.0.1 on my Galaxy S4 i537.

I don't care if it wipes all data, and I would rather it NOT be rooted.

Is there a simple guide on just how to flash the OTA firmware release?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)