[How-To] Update to I537_OC7 - 5.0.1 and KeepRoot

Search This thread

sammnt!

Apr 27, 2017
All seems that the problem is the FlashFire version, so I do this:
1: Download the 0.24 version from here (sorry I can't post the link, but you can search in google for the version, the page starts with flashfireapk.co ......)
2: Activate airplane mode
3: Set the date to 09/11/15 (September 11th, 2015)​

And then followed the instructions normally:
1. Place the ROM onto your device (use either internal or ext-sdcard).
2. Open the FlashFire app and "Agree" to the Terms and Conditions.
3. Press "(+)" twice to bring up the "Actions" menu.
4. Select "Flash Zip or OTA" and locate and select the ROM. Leave "Auto-mount" unchecked under the "Options" menu and press the checkmark to continue.
5. From the main menu Uncheck all options under "EverRoot" and set "Reboot" setting to "Download."
6. Press the lightning bolt then "Ok" to begin the flash.
7. Once the flash is complete and the device reboots into "Download" mode, flash the I537_OC7_Bootloader using Odin's PDA/AP slot.

And it is all!
Worked for me and hope this help everyone!

Last edited:

xddd00

Sep 27, 2011
Somewhere
Oh my God... If this really work then should be stickied... Wasted almost five days trying to figure out what was really going on here

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Enam Eamim

dedon4christ5

Oct 3, 2013
Lagos
great Job

hi and great job..
I wanted to ask if the files you used to achieve this success are the files in the first page of this thread ?

xddd00

Sep 27, 2011
Somewhere
Yeah, you can directly flash Deodexed without the Odex first and will go fine, just use the date 11/09/2015 before running 0.24 Flashfire version

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

By the way, did anyone get Gravity Xposed mod working? I've tried many versions but none of them worked...

dedon4christ5

Oct 3, 2013
Lagos
great Job

ok, thanks, a lot. I just downloaded the files, I'm gonna get to flashing them now... I'm flashing from 4.4.2 Ne3 with root

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

You can send me a PM, I regularly respond immediately
Do I need to connect the phone to my computer before commencing the flashing process ?

I just downloaded flashfire the 0.24 version from 3 different places, but after installing, when I try to open the app, it just doesn't open

Last edited:

sammnt!

Apr 27, 2017
ok, thanks, a lot. I just downloaded the files, I'm gonna get to flashing them now... I'm flashing from 4.4.2 Ne3 with root

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Do I need to connect the phone to my computer before commencing the flashing process ?

I just downloaded flashfire the 0.24 version from 3 different places, but after installing, when I try to open the app, it just doesn't open

Remember to change the date to 09/11/2015

Last edited:

kmkrreeves1

Jun 6, 2012
I have stock firmware version OC8 (5.0.1) nd I wasn't rooted to begin with. I just installed the kingroot apk and it seemed to root my i537 just fine. It at least lets me uninstall atts bloatware and I have the Samsung Custom screen on boot. I came to this thread hoping to find a way to install a new rom. Am I misunderstanding something?

I have stock firmware version OC8 (5.0.1) nd I wasn't rooted to begin with. I just installed the kingroot apk and it seemed to root my i537 just fine. It at least lets me uninstall atts bloatware and I have the Samsung Custom screen on boot. I came to this thread hoping to find a way to install a new rom. Am I misunderstanding something?

This is your only option for a custom ROM:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-active/development/thread-construction-t3333823

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
1: Download the 0.24 version from here (sorry I can't post the link, but you can search in google for the version, the page starts with flashfireapk.co ......)
3: Set the date to 09/11/2015​

4. Select "Flash Zip or OTA" and locate and select the ROM. Leave "Auto-mount" unchecked under the "Options" menu and press the checkmark to continue.
5. From the main menu Uncheck all options under "EverRoot" and set "Reboot" setting to "Download."
7. Once the flash is complete and the device reboots into "Download" mode, flash the I537_OC7_Bootloader using Odin's PDA/AP slot.

And it is all!

PD: Sorry for my english

Yes !
it works this way

Use attached flashfire apk
set date to September 11th 2015

Just wanted to clear the date a bit, for international understanding..

Attachments

• flashfire-0.24.apk
    8.1 MB · Views: 296

chris1379

Dec 31, 2014
Use Kingroot version 4.5 and follow it with Super Sume 6.7. There is virtually no chance of bricking your phone this way.

Reactions: yurais

josiahg52

Aug 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Finally got OC7 5.0.1 LL rooted and deodexed running on my i537.

Successfully used ODIN 3.07 to go from MF3 4.2.2 to NE3 4.4.2 using the instructions in the Galaxy S4 Active Firmware/Guide Repository thread and then rooted with towelroot. I ran into problems when trying to go from NE3 to the OC6 and OC7 stock or otherwise. In the end I was able to go straight from NE3 to rooted and deodexed OC7.

I read every post in this thread. I tried many different ways, many different times and the only way I got it done was using the method detailed in post #681 by member sammnt! to setup for FlashFire (v.24 and manual date change) and then the basic steps of the OP and post #668 by member xddd00 and other posts between # 400 and #600 by members thisisapoorusernamechoice and Rick1684. There's a lot of information in the thread and those just a few of the ones that I distinctly remember.

I side loaded SuperSu 2.48 and FlashFire v.24 from their respective official websites and only connected to the internet to run towelroot. I did not ODIN the OC7 bootloader and did not select FlashFire to reboot into 'Download' instead leaving it on 'Normal'. It did take a bit and after so many failed flashes with it either hanging up at the AT&T splash screen forever or rebooting several times and then a bunch of "xxxx has stopped", etc. messages, I did get nervous the last time. I was patient and let it go and finally was greeted by the initial setup prompt for Lollipop.

I have not tested every aspect of the phone yet but so far so good. Wi-Fi is working fine and I can transfer files to and from via MTP and Bluetooth. Play Store, Titanium Backup and System App Remover are all working.

Last edited:

josiahg52

Aug 31, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Nothing critical to report but I do get frequent 'Android is upgrading' prompts every boot now. Sometimes it's just the 'Starting Apps' dialog which lasts a few seconds but other times it goes through the optimization of 217 apps before it gets to the homescreen and that takes several minutes. I would like to know what ia causing this. It didn't manifest itself until the next day and after a few reboots. If it's not common issue with the flash then I'll probably create another thread if I don't find resolution elsewhere.

XxArxAngelxX

Jun 17, 2014
I hate to resurrect a (somewhat) dead thread, but I found this while trying to root my phone and still can't come to a full solution.

Finally got OC7 5.0.1 LL rooted and deodexed running on my i537.

Successfully used ODIN 3.07 to go from MF3 4.2.2 to NE3 4.4.2 using the instructions in the Galaxy S4 Active Firmware/Guide Repository thread and then rooted with towelroot. I ran into problems when trying to go from NE3 to the OC6 and OC7 stock or otherwise. In the end I was able to go straight from NE3 to rooted and deodexed OC7.

I read every post in this thread. I tried many different ways, many different times and the only way I got it done was using the method detailed in post #681 by member sammnt! to setup for FlashFire (v.24 and manual date change) and then the basic steps of the OP and post #668 by member xddd00 and other posts between # 400 and #600 by members thisisapoorusernamechoice and Rick1684. There's a lot of information in the thread and those just a few of the ones that I distinctly remember.

I side loaded SuperSu 2.48 and FlashFire v.24 from their respective official websites and only connected to the internet to run towelroot. I did not ODIN the OC7 bootloader and did not select FlashFire to reboot into 'Download' instead leaving it on 'Normal'. It did take a bit and after so many failed flashes with it either hanging up at the AT&T splash screen forever or rebooting several times and then a bunch of "xxxx has stopped", etc. messages, I did get nervous the last time. I was patient and let it go and finally was greeted by the initial setup prompt for Lollipop.

I have not tested every aspect of the phone yet but so far so good. Wi-Fi is working fine and I can transfer files to and from via MTP and Bluetooth. Play Store, Titanium Backup and System App Remover are all working.

I followed these steps, reading the posts mentioned, and still can't get it working. My steps are as follows.

-Flash NE3, go through setup process WITHOUT WIFI.
-Only turn on wifi for Towelroot, then immediately turn off.
-Dev option->USB Debugging & Mock Location
-Set date to Sep 11, 2015
-Set timeout to 10 min
-Install SuperSu and Flashfire (versions mentioned) from SD card.
-Run SuperSu, DON'T RESTART, Ok when Knox is mention, DON'T RESTART.
-Run Flashfire, select ROM (have tried OC7 regular and Deodexed)
-Add option for Wipe, select all options but Internal Storage
-ClickDrag Wipe to be above flashing of ROM
-Restart set to 'Normal'
-Hit Lightning Bolt

At this point, it shows a wave of text Matrix Style, then goes into Flashfire doing it's thing. Shortly into 'Flashing System', the screen goes black, phone restarts. I see the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active logo, then black screen. I left it for a good 15 min before giving up on it.

At this point, is there something I'm just missing, or should I just abandon it? Wanted root access to freeze all the bloatware and get some performance/battery life like I did back in the day with my S2.

If I decide to pull out and forget root, is there any way I can go back to 5.0.1? I downgraded specifically to do this with Odin, but if I give up do I just update the phone through Kies after reflashing with Odin and NOT rooting?

Thanks for any help.

ahvamaria

Dec 4, 2015
im trying to figure out if I can apply the 2017 security update, oc8 through FF (its installed) if a phone is on rooted oc6.

sirtweak0

Jul 12, 2016
3: Set the date to 09/11/15 (September 11th, 2015)​

And it is all!

From 4.4.2 this is the only thing that worked for me. Thank you!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **You can begin the following process from 4.4.x Build/ROM or higher but you must already have Root Access**

**Required** FlashFire - Play BETA - PREVIEW

**Caution!** The following process is only for the I537 AT&T S4 "Active" variant. Use on any other device may result in a hardbrick!

Download:
    - I537_OC7_Stock_Rooted_ROM
    - I537_OC7_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_ROM

Pevious Builds:
    - I537_OC6_Stock_Rooted_ROM
    - I537_OC6_Stock_DeOdexed_ROM

Set your screen timeout setting to 10 mins before beginning!

The screen will turn black then display the contents of your system before beginning the flash. FlashFire will pause for about 1 minute while flashing the "system" partition. Once complete your device will reboot and pause on the AT&T splash screen for 1 - 2 minutes (15 - 20mins for DeOdexed version) before completely rebooting. Done!

Tip: for blazing fast speed turn off animations from Developer Options and reboot!

Known Issues:
    - None!

Optional - Enable Native Tethering:
    - I537_OC7_TetherAddOn
    - I537_OC6_TetherAddOn (Flash using FF's "Flash zip or ota" option.

Notes:
    1. The above process will not affect your Knox Warranty Flag.
    2. The process will update your Modem, Non-hlos, System, Kernel, and Stock Recovery.
    3. No need to wipe prior to flashing! The ROM will automatically perform a factory data reset.
    4. To learn more about FlashFire's capabilities on locked bootloader devices see here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60070810&postcount=2

Credits:
    @thisisapoorusernamechoice - for capturing the ota update and for his system dump.
    @Chainfire
    i am confused your post states that your phone will boot in to download mode and thn you ll have to flash the bootloader but i have sen other posts saying that your phone will boot normally rooted just install the supersu and you are done with it. so before trying anything i just want to know whats the truth and whats not.
    Ok I have been developing for this device and have flashed back to stock to oc7 literally 100 times. The dev that posted this rom was posting for many devices and gave a basic set of instruction. I can tell you for a fact that you do not have to flash the bootloader it is optional. The best method in my opinion is as follows
    1. Download odin package NE3, Flashfire, Supersu, and TowelRoot
    2. Flash all four NE3 files in odin.
    3. When phone boots up for first time, keep wifi off. Skip through the setup wizard.
    4. Enable Dev options, and check usb debugging and allow mock locations, goto security and allow unknown sources.
    5. Install towelroot
    6. Connect to wifi, open towelroot and click make it rain.
    7. Turn wifi back off.
    8. Install supersu install for regular recovery, dont disable knox at this point hit cancel, Reboot
    9. When phone boots up open supersu and disable knox.
    10. Install flashfire grant root.
    11. Flash oc7 rom. Deodexed or stock you dont have to flash both
    12. Watch the phone while flashfire does its thing. The reason being the only issue with this process is flashfire sometimes fails. 1 out of 10 flashes it will reboot during flash. If this happens then you must start over.
    13. After watching flashfire complete it will say success and rebooting after this the phone will need to sit on the att screen for about five minutes for the deodexed and less for stock. If youre phone reboots and is stuck on a black screen this means flashfire has failed. Start over.

I know it seems like a lot of work but its worth it. It is like a new device.
    **You can begin the following process from any Build/ROM but you must already have Root Access**

**Attention** The following process is only for the I537 AT&T S4 "Active" variant. Use on any other device may result in a hardbrick!

Instructions:

First of all, thank you thank you thank you so much for this. Yeah I grabbed you the OTA's but thanks to you (and of course Chainfire & his FlashFire) we can go from KK to LP with root. And on day one of the OTA. Awesome. :good: So down to business, and I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself or barking up the wrong tree, but hear me out on this one. @Joe-Tech was generous enough to port his regular S4 Google Play Edition (Pure Nexus) 4.4.4 Rom over to our phone. Could we repeat that for this OC6 build, using say, this rom as a base (or another if that turns out to be incompatible for whatever reason)? I doubt I have the expertise to pull that off but if it would help I'd get to work on another masterpatch and speaker phone fix
    Thank you!!! Finally got it updated and its working :D

Sent from my Nexus 6

That is good but I will be uploading a deodexed version which should run xposed(compatible modules) without issues.
    I will be uploading a new rebuilt version of the deodexed ROM if anyone is willing to test. Stay tuned...

Edit: sorry, just remembered the system partition size on the S4 Active is different than other s4 variants. Stand by...