[RECOVERY][jactivelte] CWM 6.0.5.1 - PhilZ Touch 6.57.9

Search This thread

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Main thread + features + install instructions (don't follow) + dev support
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Last version can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByEZDplbxwxJVW54a1QzNHVXZ3c&usp=sharing

How to flash

Download tar file from download link

Download odin (3.07 recommended ) just search for it on xda

Open odin

do whats here

25a3j4o.png

connect device to download mode and hit start

Darkman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Germany
Thanks for this :good::good::good:

This make the Modding more easyer ;)

• Downloaded
  • Installed
  • Works fine (Install ZIPs, Backup to internal SD Card tested)
Nice Work

Darkman

Jan 16, 2012
Germany
The Screenshoots works in the Recovery.... but in the Aroma Installer it is not working. Do you know how i can make Screenshoots from the Aroma Installer?

Darkman

Jan 16, 2012
Germany
The Aroma Installer works fine ;)

I want only make Screenshoots from the Aroma Installer ;)

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
I have to say, this is very good, still concerned that it is an unsupported recovery now, though I did see that Philz updated sources today with a fixed lib file. Good work @mythi. Are you going to update this or does it matter?

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
@Pkt_Lnt the latest version doesn't boot no matter what i do , the libguitouch.a is a binary file which cannot be edited easily atleast through hex-editing , i will look on to some help but i don't gurntee it booting as Mr Philz dropped the support :crying:

Reactions: olarf

Pkt_Lnt

Dec 26, 2011
SLO
@Pkt_Lnt the latest version doesn't boot no matter what i do , the libguitouch.a is a binary file which cannot be edited easily atleast through hex-editing , i will look on to some help but i don't gurntee it booting as Mr Philz dropped the support :crying:

Why would he post the fact that it needs fixed and the fix in that thread then? I know he stopped support due to work, but then he must feel it important enough to post about it? :confused:

dazzawill

Mar 13, 2011
I'll answer my own question. Yes it does, as I did a restore from my backup last night making it, imho the best recovery for our device. :):)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk 2

Pkt_Lnt

Dec 26, 2011
SLO
I'll answer my own question. Yes it does, as I did a restore from my backup last night making it, imho the best recovery for our device. :):)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk 2

CWM is very outdated, brain dead (it will kill root on zip flashes) and unsupported. Philz is a better choice if you like that kind of recovery, but it is abandoned as well. TWRP is a better choice if you grab the one from the Multi-ROM thread. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-active/orig-development/mod-multirom-v30-multirom-twrp-i9295-t2962492

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
philz touch builds are currently broken on cm12 so there isnt much todo on cm12 , will see if its same on cm11

LayerEight

May 5, 2013
SHA
Am i the only one with following problem?

When i turn off the phone and plug in the power cable, the Stock charging animation appears but its freezed. After 15 seconds a smaler charging animation appears. Next thing is: During this, i cant use the power button to power on the phone. The phone restarts, but it will go back into the charging animation. I must unplug the power cable to boot the phone into android.

I think this is a problem of CWM/PhilZ ?!

PhilZ Touch 6.57.9 CWM 6.0.5.1 with CM12 official nightly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions (don't follow) + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Last version can be found here:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByEZDplbxwxJVW54a1QzNHVXZ3c&usp=sharing

How to flash

Download tar file from download link

Download odin (3.07 recommended ) just search for it on xda

Open odin

do whats here

25a3j4o.png

connect device to download mode and hit start
    5.0.1 stock, flashed recovery witout reboot and then turned off device from on/off button and go to recovery and flash supersu. after restart when first app asked for root rights, supersu message that need to be updated but can't update normal or cwm/twrp mode. any ideeas?

try to flash this one
    i will update this soon if i get time , i still havent got stock 5.0.1 isntalled to take a look ... but will do it soon
    @LayerEight
    All latest CWM +TWRP has this issue. @d8389 found solution that @spegelius might add to next TWRP.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=58606403
    That solves a different problem then what @LayerEight is talking about.

The charging animation is something I've had the same problem and as far as I can tell it's an issue with all custom recoveries for the S4A. Maybe somebody can take a look to see what's going on and fix it.