FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[GUIDE] How to remove AT&T carrier name from the notification bar

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

Post Reply Email Thread
For everyone installing the Stock Roms, the carrier name will be displayed in the notifications bar, which i found really ugly and kinda stupid. In this guide ill show you how to remove it.

--This guide works only on the SGH-I337 model. I haven't teseted it anywhere else. If you do, leave a post below--

-- First of all, you need to have Root Access, since we are editing system files (duh!). Secondly im not responisble for any damage done to your device for not following the steps correctly. I did it on mine and its running flawlessly. --

--- Instructions --
  • Download a root file explorer (I used ES File Explorer)
  • Mount /system as r/w. (In ES File explorer you do this by +swiping left->right from the left side of the screen to open the settings +scroll to the bottom and enable root explorer +tap on root explorer +tap on mount r/w +on /system choose option rw)
  • Close settings and on the top where it reads sdcard tap it and from the window choose / Device
  • Navigate to system folder
  • Before editing the build.prop file make a backup so if something goes wrong you can restore it later. Copy the file and paste it somewhere in the /sdcard directory (Not necessairly).
  • Open the build.prop file
  • Edit these lines as below
  • From ro.product.device=jflteatt to ro.product.device=jflte
  • From ro.product.name=jflteuc to ro.product.name=jfltexx
  • Save file and Reboot.

This method will also replace the 4G Icon to the default one. And that's it! If something goes wrong simply restore the old build.prop file.

UPDATE:For those who changed the product model on build.prop: no need to change model name on build.prop - leaving it to SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 will still remove the carrier name and keep the default product model on about phone section.

If this helped you, don't hesitate to click the Thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to TheJuli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheJuli Ad-Free

27th September 2015, 11:26 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Tirana, AL
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Found out that after doing this change, I noticed that the AT&T 4G icon was lying to me about the mobile data speeds. Reverting back to the samsung default ones showed me that i was getting 3G ~ H speeds instead of the constant AT&T 4G it was telling me, meaning the 4G icon is displayed no matter what, as long as you are not on edge (E). Edge Icon displayed fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)